Comegy to Valley.......

I can see Comegy getting a lot of interviews but no offers on this level. I think he's headed to D-2, especially if the Tuskegee job opens back up.

WAIT.. but I thought ya'll were just thanking the FBS gods for ya'll new coach but now ya'll interviewing a 80 year old DC and Comegy... (...and someone mentioned Ruffin).. not sure how true that is but uuuuh, ya'll fired Jones for that? The only presentation Comegy needs to make is a slideshow showing his 12-4 record vs the BAMAs.
If this is the route you all wanted to take, you shoud have just kept Jones and made him hire a decent OC.

we know TP...but Comegy and Townes are best for the AAMU program :lol: We can't go wrong with either choice :)

:)

Last edited:
naw I'm Ok TP...

we are just trying to do whats best for AAMU...and Coach Comegy and Coach Townes have the juice right now to move us in the right direction as a program...good luck to both candidates :clap:

naw I'm Ok TP...

we are just trying to do whats best for AAMU...and Coach Comegy and Coach Townes have the juice right now to move us in the right direction as a program...good luck to both candidates :clap:

If ya'll choose Townes over Comegy.. :smh:

... and Townes KNOWS that is Comegy goes to AAMU that he is bringing his own LONG TIME defensive coordinator with him. THIS is gonna be sooo good if ya'll get Comegy tho. Heck, who do we play for Homecoming.. AAMU or Grambling.. :lmao:

What is sounds like to me is that your admins want Comegy as HC but want him to hire Townes. That ain't happening. Townes can be the DB coach.

If ya'll choose Townes over Comegy.. :smh:

... and Townes KNOWS that is Comegy goes to AAMU that he is bringing his own LONG TIME defensive coordinator with him. THIS is gonna be sooo good if ya'll get Comegy tho. Heck, who do we play for Homecoming.. AAMU or Grambling.. :lmao:

What is sounds like to me is that your admins want Comegy as HC but want him to hire Townes. That ain't happening. Townes can be the DB coach.

Dude Comegy isnt a candidate. Neither is Townes.

lol we will figure out all that once the interview and hire is made :)

Comegy will probably ace his interview I hear the Pres and AD like him but still want to keep Townes on staff...

naw I'm Ok TP...

The most important hire in the SWAC belong to JSU. They fired a man that went to the SWAC championship two years in a row......If the next coach don't get to the championship game.......it is going to get ugly in Jackson....Plus, knowing that Alcorn is the best SWAC football team in Mississippi is extra pressure. I do not see a coach who is secure taking this job.....Maybe the Cole brothers or Bell should be considered.

The most important hire in the SWAC belong to JSU. They fired a man that went to the SWAC championship two years in a row......If the next coach don't get to the championship game.......it is going to get ugly in Jackson....Plus, knowing that Alcorn is the best SWAC football team in Mississippi is extra pressure. I do not see a coach who is secure taking this job.....Maybe the Cole brothers or Bell should be considered.

yeah and once we hire Comegy I got a feeling he is gonna really stick it to JSU because of the way they turned their back on him....when you really look at it that was messed up!:cry:

yeah and once we hire Comegy I got a feeling he is gonna really stick it to JSU because of the way they turned their back on him....when you really look at it that was messed up!:cry:

Now you have really got them confused!:happydance:

yeah they didn't want us to pick up Comegy now ole Rick bout to get that sweet revenge :lol:

we need to throw a party for Ricardo once he gets settled in Normal :)

I will say this: Its been about 3 weeks since u fired Jones. You should be ready to make a hire.

You really believe this huh? Right now we are more concerned about our own guy. There is only passing interest in your hire.

we don't need yall to be interested in us AT ALL ...like I said we don't care bout what is goin on in Jackson but you talking bout yall got "passing interest" and telling people who is and aint a candidate ...FOH lol :lol:

and an announcement is coming soon ...actually it was supposed to be last Friday but got delayed for obvious reasons :lol:

You really believe this huh? Right now we are more concerned about our own guy. There is only passing interest in your hire.

99, this is a crucial hire for JSU........If you fire a man with back to back appearances in the SWAC championship game, the JSU administration MUST have a plan. This firing could set JSU back 5 years or more.

PS: Remember the years after Hughes was fired.

99, this is a crucial hire for JSU........If you fire a man with back to back appearances in the SWAC championship game, the JSU administration MUST have a plan. This firing could set JSU back 5 years or more.

PS: Remember the years after Hughes was fired.

We do have a plan. :read: :popcorn:

Reading that other forum. It looks like they are getting an Alum as coach. That limits it down some.

Back