Creflo Dollar Tells Eddie Long’s Former Church Members “Go Backâ€￾

Whoa, nicely said. That statement above should really end this thread now.
Unfortunately, there are 2 groups of people who may never understand or accept that: 1) perfect people 2) People not "in the body"

And this is an untruth if I ever heard one. One doesn't have to be a believer nor a member of any church to be able to use commonsense and decipher blatant hypocrisy.
If politicians are caught doing what he did, at least they'd have the decency to step down, but no, not some preachers. Go figure.

The man is a homosexual, yet he's in the pulpit degrading the very people he was chastising and downgrading. He lied to his flock on a weekly basis; he's never aceepted responsibility for his actions; he's supposed to be an upstanding example for his flock and has several more skeletons in his closet in addition to his sexual issues.

If not for the victims speaking out, guess what, Long would still be having sex with men and lying in the pulpit. Remember, he didn't voluntarily come forth with his problems. His problems and lies caught up with him, now he has to pay the piper.

How can he continue to be an upstanding person when he refuses to take responsibility? Instead of accepting responsibility, he paid off his accusers with basically a 25 million dollar bribe to be quiet. That's 25 million dollars. Imagine the number of poor, homeless, financially strapped members that money could've gone to help. Instead, it's going to one person to shut him up.
Do you want a deceiver, liar and dishonest person leading an already weakened and vulnerable congregation? I would think not.

Last edited:
This becomes a problem when a Jakes, Dollar or Long incorrectly use the bible and their flawed teachings to fund their lavish lifestyle and hoodwink the people. Jesus was the greatest "preacher" to ever live. That man didn't live a lavish lifestyle at all. He was not rich, he didn't have a lot of possessions or live in a mansion like some of these cats do today.

In fact, Jesus said "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Nobody is saying that a pastor should not be able to provide for himself or his family. But it is a little concerning to see a preacher rake in millions a year while his congregation is struggling to get by.

Doesn't the bible say something about how difficult it will be for a rich man to inherent the kingdom?

Most of these mega church pastors are nothing but motivational speakers and not teachers of the Word.
Man I don't know if I have the strength to answer this question again, for the 100th time... Always comes up tho... Will respond later or you'll have to do a swacpage search.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
kendrick; [QUOTE said:
....Most of these mega church pastors are nothing but motivational speakers and not teachers of the Word.

Basically, but they've got a whole lotta folks led by the nose and they have to be laughing behind closed doors like Long must've been laughing when he was sexing it up with his malestresses.

Last edited:
LOL, the analogy that you say is "ludicrous" to use was taken straight out of God's Word. God included it in scripture to describe the situation :) Tell Him if you think it was dumb, not us.... Dac used it correctly tho ;)

No, Dac didn't.

Do you really believe God wants somebody who is not doing his will over a church?

You people kill me. Even JayRob has more sense than that.

Dac misapplied the restoration scripture. Period.

Also, Dac is either totally unaware of another fundamental principle about officers of the church or he's purposefully misleading us here. Either way, there's a problem with his soundness in the scriptures.

Neveahinvesting, you think Joel Osteen is a preacher rather than the motivational speaker he is. So, your religious judgment is questionable at best. Null and void if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
And this is an untruth if I ever heard one. One doesn't have to be a believer nor a member of any church to be able to use commonsense and decipher blatant hypocrisy.
If politicians are caught doing what he did, at least they'd have the decency to step down, but no, not some preachers. Go figure.

The man is a homosexual, yet he's in the pulpit degrading the very people he was chastising and downgrading. He lied to his flock on a weekly basis; he's never aceepted responsibility for his actions; he's supposed to be an upstanding example for his flock and has several more skeletons in his closet in addition to his sexual issues.

If not for the victims speaking out, guess what, Long would still be having sex with men and lying in the pulpit. Remember, he didn't voluntarily come forth with his problems. His problems and lies caught up with him, now he has to pay the piper.

How can he continue to be an upstanding person when he refuses to take responsibility? Instead of accepting responsibility, he paid off his accusers with basically a 25 million dollar bribe to be quiet. That's 25 million dollars. Imagine the number of poor, homeless, financially strapped members that money could've gone to help. Instead, it's going to one person to shut him up.
Do you want a deceiver, liar and dishonest person leading an already weakened and vulnerable congregation? I would think not.

...I'm responding under the assumption that all the allegations against Long are true; also under the assumption that you don't necessarily care about Long, God, Bible, Sin, Right or Wrong according to the bible, etc according to your numerous previous posts but I guess you just want to talk.

Having said that, ok He would still be lying, and committing adultery, and whatever else he was doing if he hadn't got caught. That's often exactly how sin works. People do it until they get caught. That's why people cheat on their taxes for years, because they get away with it once and feel like they might not ever get caught. That's why you are still doing some of the wrongs that you're doing in your own life JayRob. If you got caught for everything and punished, you'd do less too, right?

You speed in your car or don't come to a "complete stop" when there's no cop. But if one was always behind you to catch you, you wouldn't speed.... Not justifying, just explaining how we people are.

Long did whatever he did, for however long he did it, with whomever he did it with. God was not surprised. God is never "surprised" by our sins. He choose thousands of years ago to take the sins of the following people:

JayRob
NevaehInvesting
SuJagfan
Dacontinent
Eddie Long
Creflo Dollar
Deion Sanders
Jimmy Swaggart
Luvaboom
Kendrick
Lebron James (for the 'decision')
Bill Clinton
etc

...and put alllllllllllllll those sins of back of His Son Jesus so that He can die for them. Even the sins where grown men moleste young men.

Jesus, death & ressurection took care of ALL of OUR sins.

As for what happens after all of that, God decides who needs to step down, step up, or step to the side. He decides without taking our educated opinion into account. How politicians handle these situations is not relevant. Like I said to the non married non virgins... if you fornicate, do you confess it to God each time, to your church each time, or not at all? Either way, it wrong just like what Long did.

We have hi five friends who fornicate, lust after girls on rap videos, but then we stone pastors who fall in that area? We need Christianity 101.

Last edited:
No, Dac didn't.

Do you really believe God wants somebody who is not doing his will over a church?

You people kill me. Even JayRob has more sense than that.

Dac misapplied the restoration scripture. Period.

Also, Dac is either totally unaware of another fundamental principle about officers of the church or he's purposefully misleading us here. Either way, there's a problem with his soundness in the scriptures.

Neveahinvesting, you think Joel Osteen is a preacher rather than the motivational speaker he is. So, your religious judgment is questionable at best. Null and void if you ask me.

SuJagFan, of topic, but Osteen 'motivates' people thru scriptures and stories to get saved and live a christian life, same as what Jesus did in the gospels. A few scriptures with a lot of parables, analogies, and good works; same as Jesus did. Read your bible. Any preacher not motivating his church this way, should start.

Does God want somebody not doing His Will over the church? You mean His 'perfect Will?' because nobody is in 100% doing God's will. What you mean to ask is, can someone commit terrible sexually immoral sins in the eyes of God and still be used by God? Immediately? or does it take time.

The answer is that's up to God. God might still use that person in the same position or He might move him somewhere else. He might make the guy wait 2yrs before returning to his position but He might make him wait 2 weeks. That's up to GOD. Read the story of King David and ALL of his 100's of sexually immoral sins (women) and you tell me how long GOD allowed him to stay in his position. Read your bible.

I feel led to say that again, 'read - your - bible.' Even if we don't agree today SuJagFan....read your bible and you will see these situations already happened and how God already dealt with it back then :)

...I'm responding under the assumption that all the allegations against Long are true; also under the assumption that you don't necessarily care about Long, God, Bible, Sin, Right or Wrong according to the bible, etc according to your numerous previous posts but I guess you just want to talk.

Having said that, ok He would still be lying, and committing adultery, and whatever else he was doing if he hadn't got caught. That's often exactly how sin works. People do it until they get caught. That's why people cheat on their taxes for years, because they get away with it once and feel like they might not ever get caught. That's why you are still doing some of the wrongs that you're doing in your own life JayRob. If you got caught for everything and punished, you'd do less too, right?

You speed in your car or don't come to a "complete stop" when there's no cop. But if one was always behind you to catch you, you wouldn't speed.... Not justifying, just explaining how we people are.

Long did whatever he did, for however long he did it, with whomever he did it with. God was not surprised. God is never "surprised" by our sins. He choose thousands of years ago to take the sins of the following people:

JayRob
NevaehInvesting
SuJagfan
Dacontinent
Eddie Long
Creflo Dollar
Deion Sanders
Jimmy Swaggart
Luvaboom
Kendrick
Lebron James (for the 'decision')
Bill Clinton
etc

...and put alllllllllllllll those sins of back of His Son Jesus so that He can die for them. Even the sins where grown men moleste young men.

Jesus, death & ressurection took care of ALL of OUR sins.

As for what happens after all of that, God decides who needs to step down, step up, or step to the side. He decides without taking our educated opinion into account. How politicians handle these situations is not relevant. Like I said to the non married non virgins... if you fornicate, do you confess it to God each time, to your church each time, or not at all? Either way, it wrong just like what Long did. We have hi five guys who fornicate, and stone pastors who fall in that area? We need Christianity 101.

1. How was LeBron James appearing on TV informing people where he was going to play basketball a sin?

That would mean all those high school basketball and football players are sinning as well for doing the same thing on National Signing Day, right?

2. You want to talk about the Lord forgiving our sins thousands of years ago by dying on the cross. True enough. He died to save the creation. However, whatever about the scripture in Hebrews 10:26 "For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins."

So where does that leave Eddie Long? He openly spoke out against homosexuality numerous times using scripture to back the claim that the practice was against God. He knew it was wrong. Yet, come to find out he partakes in that activity. He sinned willfully. God will forgive us for sins of ignorance. However, if we sin willfully -- knowing it is wrong and doing it any way -- then that cover we once had is gone.

Last edited:
SuJagFan, of topic, but Osteen 'motivates' people thru scriptures and stories to get saved and live a christian life, same as what Jesus did in the gospels. A few scriptures with a lot of parables, analogies, and good works; same as Jesus did. Read your bible. Any preacher not motivating his church this way, should start.

Does God want somebody not doing His Will over the church? You mean His 'perfect Will?' because nobody is in 100% doing God's will. What you mean to ask is, can someone commit terrible sexually immoral sins in the eyes of God and still be used by God? Immediately? or does it take time.

The answer is that's up to God. God might still use that person in the same position or He might move him somewhere else. He might make the guy wait 2yrs before returning to his position but He might make him wait 2 weeks. That's up to GOD. Read the story of King David and ALL of his 100's of sexually immoral sins (women) and you tell me how long GOD allowed him to stay in his position. Read your bible.

I feel led to say that again, 'read - your - bible.' Even if we don't agree today SuJagFan....read your bible and you will see these situations already happened and how God already dealt with it back then :)

Show me. Show me one example where God put a man who was not in his will over the Church.

And don't say David. David was a king, not a priest.

ETA:

While you're looking ... see if you can find the answer to these three things:

1. Eli, Hophni and Phinehas - 1 Samuel 1 and 2

Apparently, Eli was a good priest and loved his sons Hophni and Phinehas. Too much. They were wicked. Disregarded the rules of the priesthood. Slept with the women of the church. And Eli still allowed them to be priests. Guess what happened to them. They all ended up dead. The sons were killed and Eli died as a result.

Question: Why weren't they forgiven and restored?

2. Sapphira and Ananias - Acts 5

Regular church members, Sapphira and Ananias, decide to merely lie. Just a couple of little lies. That's all. Killed instantly.

3. Moneychangers in the Temple - Matthew 21

Just changing money. Essentially changing dollars to euros for travelers. It's an honest business. Still being done today. But, Jesus himself threw them out for doing it IN THE CHURCH.

Question: Why weren't they forgiven and restored? Surely Jesus could have patted them on the wrist and said just don't come back tomorrow. Was it necessary to throw them out right then? Why?

Interesting quote at the end of that exchange too: 13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves. Matthew 21: 13

A den of thieves indeed. And some of you are trying to make it a den of thieves, liars and homosexuals. :smh:

Last edited:
It's like telling a wife to go back to her abusing husband and then "pray on it." I see ZERO differences in both situations because I see ONE who is the abused and the other who is the ABUSER. I saw an interesting quote earlier today over the web...<b>"It is better to have common sense with no education than to have education and no common sense..."</b> Common sense really isn't common these days. :tup:

I like that quote. :tup:

So you guys are gonna rely on an analogy of some biologically and anatomically impossible event to people leaving the church. I'm sure you all know that body parts have no ability to detach itself from the body. It's ludicrous, and frankly insulting, to offer such an analogy.

Let me ask this question. As Long is trying to restore himself, should the objective be to restore himself as it relates to his relationship with God, or is the objective to always restore himself to his position with the church??? It's obvious that he's fallen short in a serious way. And unlike Creflo Dollar, I see this as much more than a "wreck". Religion has a way of causing otherwise rational thinking people to ignore all rationality. If my high level executive is caught stealing company money, I can easily forgive him and remain his friend. But I'd be a fool to put him back in the same position to steal company money. So, when pastor is doing the kinda mess that Bishop Long is doing, he can be forgiven and loved, but he shouldn't expect to resume or reclaim that same position or status as a matter of right. And to expect the congregation to keep him there or ridicule them for leaving if he remains is wrong.
The Scriptures characterize the church as the Body of Christ. So, I don't see where the analogy is ludicrous at all. As my brother, Eddie Long is part of the Body. He is self-mangled and needs our help in order to recover. No one can recover himself. The body is not designed that way. Yes, Long has to want to be restored in order for the Body to help him and must be willing to go through the restoration process. If a body part remains detached too long, it will die. It is in the restoration process that the level of function recovered will be determined. There are guidelines and wisdom to follow, but each case has to be evaluated on its own merit.

As I said before, the right thing for Long to do is to step aside and go through the process. Let New Birth help him through to recovery. I don't remember Dr. Dollar saying anything about following Long; he said to go back and help him. nevaehinvesting and I are saying that also.

The Scriptures characterize the church as the Body of Christ. So, I don't see where the analogy is ludicrous at all. As my brother, Eddie Long is part of the Body. He is self-mangled and needs our help in order to recover. No one can recover himself. The body is not designed that way. Yes, Long has to want to be restored in order for the Body to help him and must be willing to go through the restoration process. If a body part remains detached too long, it will die. It is in the restoration process that the level of function recovered will be determined. There are guidelines and wisdom to follow, but each case has to be evaluated on its own merit.

As I said before, the right thing for Long to do is to step aside and go through the process. Let New Birth help him through to recovery. I don't remember Dr. Dollar saying anything about following Long; he said to go back and help him. nevaehinvesting and I are saying that also.

But he hasn't confessed or admitted any wrongdoing to the church, though. That is the problem here. Until he confesses his sin to the church, it would be hard for members who left NB to return.

If Long hasn't done any of that ,obviously it means he doesn't believe he needs help or want anyone to assist him or refuses to admit his transgressions.

And all Dollar is doing is looking out for his boy and condemning others who want to part ways with Long.

Last edited:
Show me. Show me one example where God put a man who was not in his will over the Church.

And don't say David. David was a king, not a priest.

ETA:

While you're looking ... see if you can find the answer to these three things:

1. Eli, Hophni and Phinehas - 1 Samuel 1 and 2

Apparently, Eli was a good priest and loved his sons Hophni and Phinehas. Too much. They were wicked. Disregarded the rules of the priesthood. Slept with the women of the church. And Eli still allowed them to be priests. Guess what happened to them. They all ended up dead. The sons were killed and Eli died as a result.

2. Sapphira and Ananias - Acts 5

Regular church members, Sapphira and Ananias, decide to merely lie. Just a couple of little lies. That's all. Killed instantly.

3. Moneychangers in the Temple - Matthew 21

Just changing money. Essentially changing dollars to euros for travelers. It's an honest business. Still being done today. But, Jesus himself threw them out for doing it IN THE CHURCH.

Question: Why weren't they forgiven and restored? Surely Jesus could have patted them on the wrist and said just don't come back tomorrow. Was it necessary to throw them out right then? Why?

Interesting quote at the end of that exchange too: 13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves. Matthew 21: 13

A den of thieves indeed. And some of you are trying to make it a den of thieves, liars and homosexuals. :smh:

First let me say im impressed you posted scriptures ;) so let’s look at them and others…

Question 1 why weren’t Hophni & Phinehas forgiven and restored?
Restored to what? Remember, Eli knew and loved God, not his sons. Scripture says his sons never knew the Lord in the first place. By today’s standard, they were never “saved” or atheist. What spiritual restoration would even be applicable?

And nothing in the bible implies that Eli wasn’t restored or forgiven. Even after God ‘punished’ Eli, he was still used by God to call Samuel to know the Lord. Yes, Eli died tragically but he was almost 100yrs old by that time. Why assume God didn’t forgive, restore, and continue to use him all the years between his sin and his death?

Question 2 why weren’t Annaias & Sapphira forgiven and restored? We can’t say that they weren’t forgiven; but their quick deaths imply they were not restored. The same reason Lucifer wasn’t restored. Because God has the authority to punish people how He wants to within 1yr of their sin; or within 1 week of their sin; or within 1 second of their sin, or even not at all. God’s choice.

Question 3 money changers. (Matthew ch 21)
I don’t see how this applicable but yes, I agree with Jesus. If people come into the church buying and selling personal things (like doves), intending to rip people off, etc then it’s time to clean house.

FYI, this IS NOT the same thing as a pastor selling his ‘Having a Good Marriage’ book in the church bookstore; because he notices that 50% of Christians wound up in divorce court.

Lastly you wanted me to name a God appointed church leader and wasn’t in God’s Will?
How about Paul? Paul wrote most the NT and was a great church leader and he called himself the “chief of sinners”. He didn't list what he was doing but that's a drastic title to give yourself. He said struggled with what he should and shouldn’t daily. He and us sin regularly. That’s not God’s will. How about your own pastor and mine? All of them sin weekly if not daily. That’s not God’s will.

*Look at the woman caught in Adultery in John ch 8 who did the same type sin as E. Long for example of Jesus' forgiveness & restoration. What then shall we say? God judges, blesses, condemns, punishes whoever He wants, however He wants, for however long He wants, starting when He wants. And He’s just in doing so.

This becomes a problem when a Jakes, Dollar or Long incorrectly use the bible and their flawed teachings to fund their lavish lifestyle and hoodwink the people. Jesus was the greatest "preacher" to ever live. That man didn't live a lavish lifestyle at all. He was not rich, he didn't have a lot of possessions or live in a mansion like some of these cats do today.

In fact, Jesus said "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Nobody is saying that a pastor should not be able to provide for himself or his family. But it is a little concerning to see a preacher rake in millions a year while his congregation is struggling to get by.

Doesn't the bible say something about how difficult it will be for a rich man to inherent the kingdom?

Most of these mega church pastors are nothing but motivational speakers and not teachers of the Word.
* 'Sell your all possessions' and 'rich man getting to heaven' scriptures all have to be looked at in proper context. You know that, & that's why YOU have not sold your possessions to give to the poor. God requires us to tithe and give offering. If you have enough money left over ater that to buy a nice car then that's up to you.

Some pastors live off 50% of their income and give the rest to the church and they still can afford nice things. Good for them. If you think they should wait until 'no one in the congregation is struggling' before they get themselves nice things, that CRAZY. They'll never have anything then.

Plus, $1 mil is a big deal to some people, not even a drop in the bucket to God. There is no recession in heaven.

* 'motivational speakers who don't teach the word'? When they give their motivational speeches every week, what book do they use? What God do they talk about & give glory to? What do they motivate you to do? Are you doing a better job as a regular christian witnessing / saving people than these guys are doing as pastors? Did you know that Jesus was a mega church preacher?

Last edited:
First let me say im impressed you posted scriptures ;) so let’s look at them and others…

Question 1 why weren’t Hophni & Phinehas forgiven and restored?
Restored to what? Remember, Eli knew and loved God, not his sons. Scripture says his sons never knew the Lord in the first place. By today’s standard, they were never “saved” or atheist. What spiritual restoration would even be applicable?

And nothing in the bible implies that Eli wasn’t restored or forgiven. Even after God ‘punished’ Eli, he was still used by God to call Samuel to know the Lord. Yes, Eli died tragically but he was almost 100yrs old by that time. Why assume God didn’t forgive, restore, and continue to use him all the years between his sin and his death?

Question 2 why weren’t Annaias & Sapphira forgiven and restored? We can’t say that they weren’t forgiven; but their quick deaths imply they were not restored. The same reason Lucifer wasn’t restored. Because God has the authority to punish people how He wants to within 1yr of their sin; or within 1 week of their sin; or within 1 second of their sin, or even not at all. God’s choice.

Question 3 money changers. (Matthew ch 21)
I don’t see how this applicable but yes, I agree with Jesus. If people come into the church buying and selling personal things (like doves), intending to rip people off, etc then it’s time to clean house.

FYI, this IS NOT the same thing as a pastor selling his ‘Having a Good Marriage’ book in the church bookstore; because he notices that 50% of Christians wound up in divorce court.

Lastly you wanted me to name a God appointed church leader and wasn’t in God’s Will?
How about Paul? Paul wrote most the NT and was a great church leader and he called himself the “chief of sinners”. He didn't list what he was doing but that's a drastic title to give yourself. He said struggled with what he should and shouldn’t daily. He and us sin regularly. That’s not God’s will. How about your own pastor and mine? All of them sin weekly if not daily. That’s not God’s will.

*Look at the woman caught in Adultery in John ch 8 who did the same type sin as E. Long for example of Jesus' forgiveness & restoration. What then shall we say? God judges, blesses, condemns, punishes whoever He wants, however He wants, for however long He wants, starting when He wants. And He’s just in doing so.

:no:

This is sad.

Impressed that I used scripture? Dude, I've been holding back during this entire thread and still haven't revealed the good stuff because it's obvious to me that you and dacon don't know what you should know. And I'm not going to tell you because there's a reason you don't know.

While you're impressed that I used scripture, it is interesting that you didn't use much - a lot like your motivational speaker. And both instances you used are woefully out of context.

It's also interesting that you had to say selling books in the church is not the same as changing money and selling doves in the church - in red. You'll do anything to defend these people, won't you?

The woman caught in adultery was not a pastor or "bishop" of a church. She was merely told "go and sin no more" but not put in a position of authority over a church.

The Apostle Paul. It's truly sad that you would even try to use him as an example.

The scripture you referred to and did not quote is 1 Timothy 1:15. "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief .“ It should be obvious that Paul was being humble and saying that he was the chief sinner saved by Jesus. He was not condoning being a leader of the church and continuing to sin. Paul is probably one of the most powerful voices there is against your position.

A few of the many quotes by Paul that disprove your position:

Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe. I Thessalonians 2:10

Awake to righteousness, and sin not. I Corinthians 15:34

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Romans 6:1-2

Note these next two scriptures:

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not; whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. I John 3 :6

Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord ? I Corinthians 9:1

Hmmm. Would that mean that Paul no longer sinned willfully after he was saved?

So, you still need to show me one example of a man out of the will of God that was put over the church. Because it's not Paul and no woman caught in adultery.

I'm waiting ....

Last edited:
But he hasn't confessed or admitted any wrongdoing to the church, though. That is the problem here. Until he confesses his sin to the church, it would be hard for members who left NB to return.

If Long hasn't done any of that ,obviously it means he doesn't believe he needs help or want anyone to assist him or refuses to admit his transgressions.

And all Dollar is doing is looking out for his boy and condemning others who want to part ways with Long.
Long needs help and that is what the process is about. The initial part of the process is to help the individual understand that he needs help.

If you want to point a finger at Dr. Dollar (and me and most pastors that I know), it is for not wanting to take on infected sheep and have them start spreading disease. Dollar practically said this in the video.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
You'll be waiting forever SUJagFan. and smh at really trying to compare me, CEE, Lebron James to Eddie Long who is a well known Bishop over a large congregation. if thats the case why am i not getting the money Eddie has?? why does he have private jets, mansions and all of this other goods. and who is judging Long? Im telling facts that went on in this situation.

Are you really trying to sit here with a strait face wanting people of this church to stay at this church well the "bishop" never admitted wrong or apologized to his church. Then when the allegations first came out he made a circus of a speech where he compared himself to David and saying that he was gonna fight this and then settled. Really?? Are yall really trying to tell me this?? Let me go find that video

You'll be waiting forever SUJagFan. and smh at really trying to compare me, CEE, Lebron James to Eddie Long who is a well known Bishop over a large congregation. if thats the case why am i not getting the money Eddie has?? why does he have private jets, mansions and all of this other goods. and who is judging Long? Im telling facts that went on in this situation.

Are you really trying to sit here with a strait face wanting people of this church to stay at this church well the "bishop" never admitted wrong or apologized to his church. Then when the allegations first came out he made a circus of a speech where he compared himself to David and saying that he was gonna fight this and then settled. Really?? Are yall really trying to tell me this?? Let me go find that video

I know I'll be waiting a long time although nevaehinvesting made this claim:

Read my bible. :smh:

"These situations already happened" and God dealt with it way back then. :(

Yet, he can't show me one example where this situation happened and God put a man out of his will over the people or allowed him to stay in his position.

Not one example.

:smh:

Read my bible indeed.

Black folks will condem a man to hell and gloat in his failure for getting some puddin, but will protect the heck out of a gay, rump runner.

1. How was LeBron James appearing on TV informing people where he was going to play basketball a sin?

That would mean all those high school basketball and football players are sinning as well for doing the same thing on National Signing Day, right?

2. You want to talk about the Lord forgiving our sins thousands of years ago by dying on the cross. True enough. He died to save the creation. However, whatever about the scripture in Hebrews 10:26 "For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins."

So where does that leave Eddie Long? He openly spoke out against homosexuality numerous times using scripture to back the claim that the practice was against God. He knew it was wrong. Yet, come to find out he partakes in that activity. He sinned willfully. God will forgive us for sins of ignorance. However, if we sin willfully -- knowing it is wrong and doing it any way -- then that cover we once had is gone.

Kendrick, fact of the matter is that a lot of these ministers don't believe a word they're preaching to their audiences. Religion and preaching is simply a convenient profession to get rich. There's very little oversight of their finances, no taxes, no auditing, little to no education required for some.
They're left to police themselves and when one of them is found out, their fellow ministers oftentimes come to their rescue, not because of right or wrong, but because they know that one day THEY'LL eventually need the same kind of support if they're caught.

These preachers have free reign over any and everything they do and their poor subjects are none the wiser.
These guys are no less than criminals who come in peoples houses and steal. The only difference is that they've fooled the people into willingly giving up their money and their minds and why?
So that they'll freely give up their possessions for the purpose of going to heaven after they die.

Whether I believe in religion or not, that's not the issue here as I'm sure some will say. The fact of the matter is that honesty, integrity, loyalty, truth and love requires no bible, koran, torah or any other religious book. It simply requires a state of mind and the willingness to follow those decrees for anyone who wants to live that kind of life. I don't need folks like Long and Dollar telling me that.

No, Dac didn't.

You people kill me. Even JayRob has more sense than that.....

Hey, watch it now. But yes, I do have more sense than that.:emlaugh:

Long needs help and that is what the process is about. The initial part of the process is to help the individual understand that he needs help.

If you want to point a finger at Dr. Dollar (and me and most pastors that I know), it is for not wanting to take on infected sheep and have them start spreading disease. Dollar practically said this in the video.

Most pastors?

Reminds me of another scripture:

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. - Matthew 7 : 13 - 14

It's unfortunate that you throw your lot in with "Dr. Dollar" and "most pastors". But, I guess you know yourself better than anyone else.

" ... Let God be true, but every man a liar ..." Romans 3:4

You have to make a decision. Whether you want to stand with these people or do you want to stand with the truth.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." - John 14 : 6

I suspect it is better to stand alone with truth than with "Dr. Dollar" and a million other pastors.

As far as the congregation goes, these people need to be worried about their own personal salvation. In 1 Corinthians 11 : 1, Paul states "be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ." It would be logical to expect any pastor we choose to minister to us to also be following Christ. If he is not, then it is highly unlikely that he can lead us to Paul, much less Christ and salvation. Therefore, they cannot follow him.

We can forgive him and pray that he is restored if he ever was saved, but it is up to him and God to take care of that. Again, the congregation needs to be concerned with their own salvation, not Eddie Long's.

Save yourself from this untoward generation. It seems that Eddie Long and all of us are in the same boat.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. - Acts 2: 37 - 42

Save yourselves from this untoward generation ....

Infected sheep?
Start spreading a disease? What disease?

I think we shouldn't pile on dacon and nevaehinvesting because if I'm not mistaken, both are ministers. Let's keep in mind that the ministry is basically like a fraternity, with a few women included.

Ministers are taught to not criticize or condemn one another by name in public. That's what they're doing because that's what they've been taught.
Just look at the number of pedophiles in the Catholic church. It seems that the Catholic hierarchy intentionally shielded pedophiles knowing that they existed. If priests came out and outted out the pedophiles, the problem could've been solved overnight, but it'll never happen. They'd rather pay out millions than confess to any wrongdoing.

The same thing seems to be going on with Long. Loyalty to the ministry has been seared in their minds. If they strayed away from this course, they'd be ostracized by other ministers in their fraternity/diocese. This is how they continue to maintain power and a sense of righteous authority. If preachers ratted out every other preacher and released to the naive congregations the many sins THEY KNOW are going on with fellow ministers, they'd probably lose their flock overnight.....and rightly so.

We shouldn't be surprised at the statements given by dacon and nevaehinvesting. They're only doing what they've been taught to do, so why don't yall take it easy on them a bit.

Black folks will condem a man to hell and gloat in his failure for getting some puddin, but will protect the heck out of a gay, rump runner.

Cee you see that they are condemning me and you in this thread but have not spoken 1 bad word against Long and DR Dollar. this is sad. what sadder is JayRob is absolutely right on all of this account. These "pastors" "bishop" are sticking together closer than the Tea Party.

Ill say again abt Biship Long and Dr. Dollar, Pride is a deadly sin for a reason and Pride always comes before the fall.

Back