The 75th Annual Magic City Classic

Tiger1 - I hope you enjoyed the weekend.

I had a awesome time. Tailgated with some ASU folk, who are the salt of the earth. Example; lady had some kids with her who needed is something to drink. She apparently discerned this particular ASU tent could help her. My man jumped into action and made sure she and those kids had something to drink and offered them something to eat all while getting stuff packed up.

BTW, those ASU & AAMU folk be really stacking their money to afford all those's, RV'S & golf carts & four wheeler's. I felt like I was tailgating with SEC folk. MCC is now the De facto classic for other HBCU and non HBCU grads. Saw mTSU grads at the game.

Last edited:
BTW, those ASU & AAMU folk be really stacking their money to afford all those's, RV'S & golf carts & four wheeler's. I felt like I was tailgating with SEC folk. MCC is now the De facto classic for other HBCU and non HBCU grads. Saw mTSU grads at the game.

They dont wanna hear that

Tiger 1 I'm glad you saw for yourself lol

you said in an earlier post ..if you are black you have to attend the MCC at least once in your life...I agree

Tiger 1 I'm glad you saw for yourself lol

you said in an earlier post ..if you are black you have to attend the MCC at least once in your life...I agree

No problem. Im gonna tell it like it is.

MCC in my book is a must do and see classic. I have never seen tailgating like that in my entire life. It was on a different level.

No disrespect to any other classics but the MCC has to be doing something right if you can get 70K in a game and in my opinion 70K tailgating too.

Just connect the dots.

I will be back next year.

MCC in my book is a must do and see classic. I have never seen tailgating like that in my entire life. It was on a different level.
The tailgating has been on that level for a long time on game day. For the first time in a while, we went by Legion Field Friday night and it was the same. I didn't know it would be THAT many people out there on Friday. I doubt there are many HBCU games that would completely take over a city. Or should I say metro area. We stayed out in Hoover and it was a heavy dose of MCC out there.

Tiger 1 - glad to hear you had a wonderful time in your first visit to the MCC. I'm a B'ham. native; ASU alum and Marching Hornet alum, and dating an A&M alum - a division only during the MCC. For the parade, we walked on opposite sides of the street since it was game day - only kidding. But I have to hear about the loss for the next 365 days until the 4th Saturday in October 2017.

On the back side of the stadium it's like Jew town used to be in Chicago. Food vendors and items for blocks now. The lines we still long when I left bank around 10 pm

this is what the Bayou Classic used to be like...social media has helped make this game a success
Correct me if I'm wrong.... but I think the major difference in the two is the tailgating. Imagine an entire parking lot with no parking... tailgate only. If you haven't seen it I can't even put it into words. Even when Bama and Auburn played at Legion Firld you could still park there. An entire mile radius of the stadium is shut down on game day. You can only get to the stadium by shuttle. It's around 20 coach busses at 3 different locations in Birmingham . You park there and for $5 you get a ride with no traffic straight to the stadium . You don't have to worry about traffic or stopping at lights because the entire route is closed. The atmosphere is like over 1000 family reunions going on at once. It's ghetto, country and BLACK lol

Correct me if I'm wrong.... but I think the major difference in the two iss the tailgating. Imagine an entire parking lot with no parking... tailgate only. If you haven't seen it I can't even put it into words. Even when Bama and Auburn played at Legion Firld you could still park there. An entire mile radius of the stadium is shut down on game day. You can only get to the stadium by shuttle. It's around 20 coach s and at 3 different locations in Birmingham . You park there and for $5 you get a ride with no traffic straight to the stadium . You don't have to worry about traffic or stopping at lights because the entire route is closed. The atmosphere is like over 1000 family reunions going on at once. It's ghetto, country and BLACK lol

DAHILL, your are correct. Been to the Bayou Classic several times and the only thing missing is the tailgating. However, we all know that those Jags and Tigers can tailgate. The space is not available. If the Bayou Classic is going to take over the attendance from the Magic City Classic, this is the year. Both teams are playing great football.

Sting is somewhere sick with the rest of the Bama st fans ..heartbreak loss just like in 2014 lol

Tried to tell him they did not want to see Spady on the other side of the field. Some people have to learn the hard way.

He and other Bama State fans just need more time to recover. Some of the ones I saw took it hard. Jenkins is no longer seen as the wizard.

Correct me if I'm wrong.... but I think the major difference in the two is the tailgating. Imagine an entire parking lot with no parking... tailgate only. If you haven't seen it I can't even put it into words. Even when Bama and Auburn played at Legion Firld you could still park there. An entire mile radius of the stadium is shut down on game day. You can only get to the stadium by shuttle. It's around 20 coach busses at 3 different locations in Birmingham . You park there and for $5 you get a ride with no traffic straight to the stadium . You don't have to worry about traffic or stopping at lights because the entire route is closed. The atmosphere is like over 1000 family reunions going on at once. It's ghetto, country and BLACK lol

Yeah it is no where to tailgate at the BC. If it was, it would be off the chain. The one thing I see that changed outside of the game is the vendors. They used to let the vendors set up any and everywhere. I think they got more restrictive with vendor licensing and stuff. Of course post Katrina we have had less people from the local area than pre-Katrina. It's getting back to where it was. Just took a while. Back in the 90s it was like the BC was where all the black celebs had to come for the weekend. It was a must to be in New Orleans which lead people from all over the country with no affiliation to SU or Gram showing up. Those casual local fans and out of town fans added to the numbers back in the day. It's still a 100K people in New Orleans for the BC. But one can't argue with the success the MCC has had.

Yeah it is no where to tailgate at the BC. If it was, it would be off the chain. The one thing I see that changed outside of the game is the vendors. They used to let the vendors set up any and everywhere. I think they got more restrictive with vendor licensing and stuff. Of course post Katrina we have had less people from the local area than pre-Katrina. It's getting back to where it was. Just took a while. Back in the 90s it was like the BC was where all the black celebs had to come for the weekend. It was a must to be in New Orleans which lead people from all over the country with no affiliation to SU or Gram showing up. Those casual local fans and out of town fans added to the numbers back in the day. It's still a 100K people in New Orleans for the BC. But one can't argue with the success the MCC has had.
This is about Alabama state and Alabama A&M. SU people try to make su relevant in every convo. Damn

Back