The 75th Annual Magic City Classic

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
http://www.wtvm.com/story/33466323/watch-the-mcdonalds-magic-city-classic-parade-on-wbrc-fox6-news

Watch the McDonald's Magic City Classic Parade on WBRC FOX6 News

BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) -
WBRC FOX6 News is proud to broadcast the McDonald's Magic City Classic Parade on WBRC 6.1 and WBRC Bounce TV 6.2 this Saturday, Oct. 29.

Fans in Huntsville (WAFF), Montgomery (WSFA), Dothan (WDFX) and Mobile (WALA) will be able to watch the parade as well so check with your local stations for more details.

Magic City Classic marks 75 years of sport and spectacle
By Solomon Crenshaw Jr.

October 26, 2016

Albert J. Benifield Jr. grew up attending the Magic City Classic and loved the pageantry that accompanied the annual meeting of Alabama A&M and Alabama State at Birmingham’s Legion Field.

As an adult, Benefield, president of the Alabama A&M Alumni Association, lived for a while in New Orleans and believed there was no bigger spectacle among historically black colleges and universities than the Bayou Classic, pitting Grambling State against Southern.

But Benefield has changed his mind. “Now the Magic City Classic has overtaken the Bayou Classic,” he said, “making that the largest event for black colleges.”

Black College Living has posted on hbculifestyle.com its rankings of the biggest HBCU classics based on attendance. The Magic City Classic has been atop that list the past two years.

The 2014 edition drew 67,710. The Bayou Classic followed with 57,852 and the Southern Heritage Classic with Tennessee State and Jackson State drew 46,914.

The game at Legion Field brought in 63,874 a year ago and the Bayou Classic narrowed the gap with 62,507. The State Fair Classic, pitting Grambling State against Prairie View A&M, had 51,328 in 2015.

Those attendance figures for the Magic City Classic don’t include the throng in the parking lot around Legion Field for tailgating. Many in that crowd choose not to come into the stadium.
http://alabamanewscenter.com/2016/10/26/magic-city-classic-marks-75-years/

Last edited:
Its packed out for the RSMS & TJMS.

Its also thirst trappin' Friday.

Its turned all the way UP in BHAM

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Let's just say this. The Magic City Classic is incredible. The fun the camaraderie the activities the weather. if you are African-American you should experience this at least one time in your life

Its packed out for the RSMS & TJMS.

Its also thirst trappin' Friday.

Its turned all the way UP in BHAM

Welcome to the "Classic" Tiger 1

you have to give a full report of your experience once this weekend is over. It will be cool to hear about your very first "classic"

So far so good we left the TJMS around 7 am and went to Fifes. When I tell you I felt like I was in Pcola FL with my grandparents having a good country breakfast. Good people and good people at Fifes. Had the grits bacon and sausage eggs with toast with the butter melted right in the middle. Headed to purple onion now and some party called Classic Affair at the wineloft.

Beautiful black women outchea! Even the PAWGS representing in Bham..

Lowkey getting ^my look on!

Tiger 1 I know for a fact the "what have I been missing all these years" thought has crossed your mind.

Just wait until the game...it gets better! lol have fun

Last edited:
Back