The 75th Annual Magic City Classic

d6589f807eee9927428467be11652a41.jpg

We scared

Tiger1, you are gonna love the MCC. I go every year unless it coincides with Morehouse's homecoming and it does this year, but, I'm skipping homecoming and coming to the Classic ANYWAY...ITS JUST THAT MUCH FUN! Hopefully you get to catch the parade too, one of the best parades EVER...AND IT IS HUGE!  

I hear my homeboy Ludacris is performing after the game at Legion Field so you're gonna get more than usual for this year's classic. Maybe I'll bump in to you. ENJOY!

I'm excited about my first ever MCC.

I always enjoy my eating/food experiences in Bham. Bama folk know how to cook BBQ. These establishments in Nashville don't know what the hell they doing half the time.

When my UAB lady friend put me on to Green Acres it was a wrap. I will be hitting some of her friends tailgating spots as well. I hear folk do it BIG with the tailgating too! (I'm getting hungry thinking about it! LOL)

I will be rocking my TSU ballcap at some point during my trip.

I'm officially on the clock!

I always enjoy my eating/food experiences in Bham. Bama folk know how to cook BBQ. These establishments in Nashville don't know what the hell they doing half the time.

When my UAB lady friend put me on to Green Acres it was a wrap. I will be hitting some of her friends tailgating spots as well. I hear folk do it BIG with the tailgating too! (I'm getting hungry thinking about it! LOL)

I lived in downtown Birmingham for a year about 15 years ago and JUST went to Green Acres last year.... All I was thinking is "WHERE YOU BEEN ALL OF MY LIFE" ...NOW I hit it up EVERY time I go to Birmingham!

Where's Green Acres?

Special Teams is always big in this game. Definitely have to make sure they are no errors

Where's Green Acres?

Special Teams is always big in this game. Definitely have to make sure they are no errors
Where's Green Acres?

Wings are the perfect size. Not to big where it doesn't cook through. Try hot sauce and ketchup on your wings and fries.

frenchy's..much better....any place that stays open late and your drunk develops a following..lol

eventhough i have heard about that place, that's way out in texas a million miles away lol

Tiger 1 try purple onion by UABs campus... I want your opinion, your UAB friend knows where it is.

Last edited:

I didn't know purple Onion was still open. I haven't been there in at least 10 years but the food was good.

eventhough i have heard about that place, that's way out in texas a million miles away lol

Tiger 1 try purple onion by UABs campus... I want your opinion, your UAB friend knows where it is.

I don't know when the MCC started being the last Saturday/weekend in October, but it hasn't always been. I still have my commemorative ticket from the 50th MCC. The game was Nov 2, 1991. (It was cold as L that day/weekend. The attendance was reported at 70,200. That was the year ASU went undefeated. We won MCC 59-13, I think I don't remember if I "somehow" (snicker) got a student ticket for that game, but the price printed on the ticket was only $10.

A few years ago, I bought an old MCC ticket off e-bay. It was for the 1950 game, also in November, featuring the "Alabama State Teachers College Hornets" vs the "Alabama A&M Institute Bulldogs". LOL . Admission to the game was $1.50. I remember researching it, and ASU won that day too. :D

MH, I see you save stuff like me. I have a stack of game day programs dating back for years. My dad use to save them and I had to carry on the tradition. I remember the 1991 attendance and how Gene Hallman over the Ala. Sports Foundation tried to augur /dispute those numbers saying that the crowd was more like 69,000 fans because the lower bleachers in the end zone wasn't used during that game. He fell to realize that we had thousands walking around inside the stadium who walked and stood and never sat their a$$es down. I have to see if I left my 50th Anniversary ticket in that game program. I also believe the MCC game programs will sellout pretty quickly for this 75th game. That's why I keep the Legion Field box office phone number to get mine one way or the other. If all those folks would have sat down while walking around, then Hallman would have known easily that 70,200 fans were inside the stadium. The fact of the matter is a lot of those fans didn't have a seat to sit in----

Last edited:
Tiger1, you are gonna love the MCC. I go every year unless it coincides with Morehouse's homecoming and it does this year, but, I'm skipping homecoming and coming to the Classic ANYWAY...ITS JUST THAT MUCH FUN! Hopefully you get to catch the parade too, one of the best parades EVER...AND IT IS HUGE!  

I hear my homeboy Ludacris is performing after the game at Legion Field so you're gonna get more than usual for this year's classic. Maybe I'll bump in to you. ENJOY!

My understanding is that the parade will be even larger this year with at least (31) high school bands, (37-38) middle school bands and the parade will be shown on TV in at least 7 cities inside-outside the state. Bands from Georgia, Tenn, Fla., and Ohio always show up.

Lol this was one of the best games played. I can't but think about this game every time I hear "Jesus is Real" on the radio lol

One of the best games ever. I remember after the game that me and some friends went into the "Blue Monkey" on the south side and A&M folks looked like they wanted to choke or shoot everybody. :eek:

The great comeback!!!
I wish I had it, but I dont. :(

btw, anybody wanting a commemorative ticket for this year's 75th will have to order it online.

I'm glad I ordered mine. Of course I was told that the 75th Commemorative Ticket would be mailed to you after the game.

I'm sure yall are talking about that Darnell Kennedy come back!

this guy almost made me hate a gospel song "jesus is real"

Reactions: J C
I'm sure yall are talking about that Darnell Kennedy come back!

this guy almost made me hate a gospel song "jesus is real"

That is my favorite game of the series that I witnessed - I was getting ready to leave when the come back started.

That is my favorite game of the series that I witnessed - I was getting ready to leave when the come back started.

For a lot of Hornet Nation I bet. I was talking with Coach D yesterday at church... he mentioned, with a modest grin, how folks have come to him with stories of how they were trying to turn around on 65 trying to get back to see "The Comeback."

Yeah she told me about it. She said it's delicious and stays open 24 hours.

Greek Mediterranean place but they also sell chicken fingers, burgers, wings and gyros.

Back