SWAC BASEBALL SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
aight... I know I've been missing in action... but, I've been around a long time and can come and go as time alots... (smile)

It was really good hearing Coach Cador last Saturday on the Jaguar Journal on ESPN 1210. The sweep was what should have happened according to Coach Cador. But as in football, this is a rivalry and you can't take it for granted. Thank goodness the Jags executed and pull all three out. Whew!! Things are stinky in the West. PV, TxSU and SU are neck and neck as we close the year. Sounds like the tourney is going to be action packed, not to mention the final weekend of play. As a player and as a a dad of a 10 and under son, I love this stuff. I love winning the have to win games. I think the real champions fine a way to win no matter what. Let's go Jaguars! Let's go!! Hey!!! Hey!!!! Hey!!!!! Hey!!!!!!

There is a pro scout in the Dallas area that has become tired of PV losing in baseball and has began to send top talent that doesn't go to the pros to PV. I keep telling him to spread the love, especialy since coach Cador hasn't had much luck with quality talent in the N. TX area. He keeps telling me that he is going to share with Coach Cador, but I don't believe him, because Momof2ym is always a proud Jaguar in his presents and he can't wait to be able to say PV has beaten SU and won the tourney. (LOL) Coach Cador stole a kid just outside of Dallas that he had told PV about, and he isn't happy. He said Cador is an excellent recruiter and you can't be slow on the trigger or Cador will have time to get them from you. I'm not sure, but I think he and Cador played in the SWAC together. He was the No. 1 pick in the MLB draft from PV back in the day.

Jaguars, let's sweep or win 2 out of 3 next weekend and do what we have to to win the tourney. We need to keep our brag on.. (smile).

Peace...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
the scout that has PV ties I'm thinking of is Ron Stinnet and he has a good relationship with PV...the 15th round draft pick played on his team last season and is now at PV, the SWAC's newcomer of the year last season comes from him in addition to a few more guys several years ago...the guy SU wanted out of Dallas is at PV

I don't recall PV having the no. 1 pick in the draft...Danny Goodwin maybe but he is a SU Jaguar...

http://www.pvamu.edu/pages/285.asp?item=1629

?But I have to also give credit to one of Prairie View?s former players and graduate Ron Stinnet for making Matt?s arrival possible,? added Robertson. ?Matt played summer league baseball on Ron?s team and he also provided him with pitching lessons. He helped sell Matt on the Prairie View experience.?

the band fan said:
the scout that has PV ties I'm thinking of is Ron Stinnet and he has a good relationship with PV...the 15th round draft pick played on his team last season and is now at PV, the SWAC's newcomer of the year last season comes from him in addition to a few more guys several years ago...the guy SU wanted out of Dallas is at PV

I don't recall PV having the no. 1 pick in the draft...Danny Goodwin maybe but he is a SU Jaguar...

OK, I'm not into name droppin'. I didn't say a kid from Dallas. I said a kid outside of the Dallas area. Of course, he has an excellent relationship with his school if he is encouraging kids to look at his school. :smh: The point of the message is it appears we are heading to another classic season ending and tournament. :smh:

There is excellent competition in the conference. Don't trip. Be proud and enjoy it.

Peace...

you brought it up....but we have Dallas on lock..lol...but by us improving we have really strengthened the SWAC and now every game actually means something which makes for great competition.

the key to winning the series this weekend is get game 1 and jump on Joshua Kirk in game 2...he's had our number...we want to clinch Friday and on Saturday. throw the 5th string and play Kool and the Gang's "Celebration" during every inning

the band fan said:
you brought it up....but we have Dallas on lock..lol...but by us improving we have really strengthened the SWAC and now every game actually means something which makes for great competition.

the key to winning the series this weekend is get game 1 and jump on Joshua Kirk in game 2...he's had our number...we want to clinch Friday and on Saturday. throw the 5th string and play Kool and the Gang's "Celebration" during every inning

......and don't forget the entire state of Texas. :rolly: :spin: :rolly: :spin: :rolly: :spin:

we do....B Rey tried to head to his old stomping grounds and nab two guys.....already got their john hancocks...

that's what make baseball interesting now....we can still corral the better talent

Any radio broadcast this weekend. If the games were Sat/Sunday instead of Fri/Sat I would have tried to make the trip.

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cador not able to get every good player and just stick him on the roster anymore.............................DAMN SHAME.:lol: :lol: :lol:

OnlySU said:
:shame: :shame: :shame: :shame:

Looks like the bats were hot...
Not really. The relief pitcher stunk up the place. In one (1) inning he filled the bases loaded thrice, walked in 2 runs, beamed two batters, and then JSU would tap one shallow outfield. Dude 'bout had more pitches hit the dirt than crossed home plate on top of that. I wish I was joking. :(

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JSU2DEC said:
Whose the new coach and unless they allow him to hire some Asst. it's going to be the same problem
Well Thomas Westley is still there,but will be let go after the season...:eek:

WalkWitaPanther said:
DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cador not able to get every good player and just stick him on the roster anymore.............................DAMN SHAME.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, wake up. Stock piling in baseball in the SWAC? Where do you think all those scholarships are? :smh:

Just be glad more talent is chosen to go to SWAC schools again. With baseball scouts locked in at all levels, it is harder in baseball to recruit, because the kids know they can go to JU COs, Community Colleges or wherever and still be tracked. So, this speaks well to these programs doing a good job beating the bushes to get some of them to come our way. Good competition brings the conference respect.

ZNSPR8502 said:
Dude, wake up. Stock piling in baseball in the SWAC? Where do you think all those scholarships are? :smh:
It happen. As late as 2003 SU's bench players probably could have won the Swac West.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back