Southern Athletic Director William Broussard Reassigned By University

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, it would literally take an act of Congress to "shut down" Southern University and A&M College. Yanno, the second Morrill Act helped open a lot of HBCUs in the South ... including several members of the SWAC. Therefore, shutting down Southern means also shutting down Alcorn, Prairie View, Tennessee State, Alabama A&M, FAMU, NC A&T and other HBCUs with Land Grant status....
They know they can't shut SU down, because SU is a land grant institution.

Last edited:
Land Grant Status does not apply to Athletic Departments though. Every Land Grant School is at the mercy of the NCAA like everyone else.

Land Grant Status does not apply to Athletic Departments though. Every Land Grant School is at the mercy of the NCAA like everyone else.

You might be right, which is why Athletic Departments at public schools should not be creating a $2 million dollar plus annual deficit with State and Federal funds, which is what some SWAC schools are doing.

Last edited:

Every time "our" schools get in trouble (whether athletics or academics) ... people always yell out "just shut it down" ... not knowing the type of institution they clamor to shut down.

Every time "our" schools get in trouble (whether athletics or academics) ... people always yell out "just shut it down" ... not knowing the type of institution they clamor to shut down.

Folks from one of those horse schools do not understand how schools with multiple levels of control operates, which is basically like the three branches of governments in the United States. They are always counting on that one horse that they put in charge to lead them to greener pastures.

I am sure you would like that. What's so sad and funny at the same time. You do realize if SU shuts down behind Jindal. Do you really think the RICH home state of MS will not revisit what LA is doing if Jindal succeeds? He is a fellow republican. Phil Bryant ain't exactly JSU's friend. It will all out open season on HBCUs. You see SC State right now. And you see what is going on next door. But your hate or disdain for SU because you think some kind of way about my school is actually hoping they shut down. No rivalry or shit talking would ever want me to see any school shut down outside of Ole Piss. LOL. But that is a different story. Definitely not a fellow HBCU. No matter how much I dislike them do to rivalry. But you younger cats are like that. You ask JSU administration would they get real nervous if SU closed down. Which means you know Grambling would be right along with us getting axed if Jindal has any say.

Although it is much to do about nothing, a lot of those cats are too simple to understand the concept you're speaking of......

Folks from one of those horse schools do not understand how schools with multiple levels of control operates, which is basically like the three branches of governments in the United States. They are always counting on that one horse that they put in charge to lead them to greener pastures.

Well, these "horses " sure aren't leading us to the NCAA death penalty chamber. You and bama stay in the news, do the math. LMAOO

Still trying to deflect attention away from your school's scathing debacles. Try if you may but it just won't work. This is something that can no longer be swept under the rug.

Well, these "horses " sure aren't leading us to the NCAA death penalty chamber. You and bama stay in the news, do the math. LMAOO

If you say so, but no non-one horse university would have allowed its president to release to the media that the school is proposing to build a $200/$250/$280 million dollar domed stadium with an initial seating capacity of 50k, which has recently been reduced to 35k with an annual athletic revenue of just over $6 million dollars. At least someone at an university with multiple levels of control would have pulled the president aside and said, “please do not release this type of information to the media until we are 110% sure that we can make this happen” or there is some form of governing board that would have had the final say so on OFFICIAL releases to the media. Also, what makes the press release of a domed stadium really look bad for some on this site, they were too happy to brag about how they had inside knowledge on prior approval from State legislators that the domed stadium was a done deal, therefore making them appear to be completely incompetent when it comes to Mississippi politics. It seems like all our universities have had embarrassing moments in the media at one time, but a few on this site choose to harp on the negative publicity that they can find on other SWAC institutions as if that's a good thing. I guess that’s why one horse universities refer to their president as their King or Queen, which is similar to some form of monarchy type government instead of the 3 branches of government in the United States.

Dude the NCAA is on a SWAC campus tour, if I were you I would hush. SU is going to be just fine.
Dude, you said that a few weeks prior to su's athletic ban.
And it's mighty interesting that this so-called NCAA tour only includes one SWAC school's athletic program.
LOL at NCAA SWAC campus tour. Hahahahaha!!
They ought to start calling you sujagtililie.

Last edited:

If you say so, but no non-one horse university would have allowed its president to release to the media that the school is proposing to build a $200/$250/$280 million dollar domed stadium with an initial seating capacity of 50k, which has recently been reduced to 35k with an annual athletic revenue of just over $6 million dollars. At least someone at an university with multiple levels of control would have pulled the president aside and said, “please do not release this type of information to the media until we are 110% sure that we can make this happen” or there is some form of governing board that would have had the final say so on OFFICIAL releases to the media. Also, what makes the press release of a domed stadium really look bad for some on this site, they were too happy to brag about how they had inside knowledge on prior approval from State legislators that the domed stadium was a done deal, therefore making them appear to be completely incompetent when it comes to Mississippi politics. It seems like all our universities have had embarrassing moments in the media at one time, but a few on this site choose to harp on the negative publicity that they can find on other SWAC institutions as if that's a good thing. I guess that’s why one horse universities refer to their president as their King or Queen, which is similar to some form of monarchy type government instead of the 3 branches of government in the United States.
Dude, if THAT'S all you can come up with against JSU, then we're in excellent shape. Who cares about our school shooting for the stars and it taking a few more years to attain? JSU has all the time it needs but at least the plan is out there.
That's a completely separate issue and far less egregious than dismissing our AD with no comment or having our entire athletic program banned from post season play or having the NCAA bearing down on us or being under a system whose trying to cut 80 percent of our budget or being controlled by board members who don't have our best interest in mind. As you can plainly see, there's no comparison.

Oh and by the way, the domed deal is still not dead and we ALREADY have the money. Being in an urban area is the real problem, especially when it comes to attaining land that folks don't want to give up. I'm sure you're familiar with that.

They know they can't shut SU down, because SU is a land grant institution.

I think this is a myth, they were about to close SCSU, had votes and everything and things still on the table. Even though i don't think it should happen, no HBCU is immune, especially with the type of people making decisions these days and black people not fighting until problems are at a high level instead of fighting because major problems arise.

Dude, if THAT'S all you can come up with against JSU, then we're in excellent shape. Who cares about our school shooting for the stars and it taking a few more years to attain? JSU has all the time it needs but at least the plan is out there.
That's a completely separate issue and far less egregious than dismissing our AD with no comment or having our entire athletic program banned from post season play or having the NCAA bearing down on us or being under a system whose trying to cut 80 percent of our budget or being controlled by board members who don't have our best interest in mind. As you can plainly see, there's no comparison.

Oh and by the way, the domed deal is still not dead and we ALREADY have the money. Being in an urban area is the real problem, especially when it comes to attaining land that folks don't want to give up. I'm sure you're familiar with that.

From what I hear, what's in bold Is a lie.

*sips tea*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back