So McNeese Opens The Season vs. LSU

BRAVEHEART123

The Clown Prince of Crime
McNeese vs. LSU and Alcorn vs. Georgia Tech are two games I will be paying close attention to.

So sad. A Comedic Tragedy. McNeese isn't scared to compete. And forget Attendence Numbers. I want to see how McNeese competes on the field.

McNeese vs. LSU and Alcorn vs. Georgia Tech are two games I will be paying close attention to.

So sad. A Comedic Tragedy. McNeese isn't scared to compete. And forget Attendence Numbers. I want to see how McNeese competes on the field.
Are you implying that SU is "scared to compete" against LSU, and that's why we've never played? And that McNeese and Alcorn are both actually going to "compete" in these games?

Are you implying that SU is "scared to compete" against LSU, and that's why we've never played? And that McNeese and Alcorn are both actually going to "compete" in these games?

McNeese came within 7 points of beating at the time #19 Nebraska. The Gap between FCS and FBS is closing somewhat. There have a lot of close FCS vs. FBS games the past few years. The reason I am against Alcorn playing Georgia Tech is because.....its Georgia Tech. As my good friends in Starkville, Mississippi can attest, Georgia Tech's Offense is difficult to prepare for even FBS Opponents.

GT, and the Military schools are the only ones I can think of that run the old school option.

If there was in integrity to modern day football, we would see LSU vs Georgia Tech and Alcorn vs McNeese.... but they to busy wasting every body's time.

LOL...I wouldn't mind McNeese or SE Louisiana back on the schedule. But MEAC HBCUs most the time should be first preference.

No. LSU could throw zero passes this game and still win by 4 TD.
Jag4life I would agree but LSU has not looked good for a couple years now searching for a QB and with a new DC McNeese may bite them. They will lose but it will be a low scoring affair..

No QB you can stack the box on them or dare the green QB to throw into coverage....LSU will win they always do at home but not a blowout..

Yall are plum crazy. LOL McNeese has no chance to come within 3TD. Brandon Harris is way better than Jennings.

And the reason LSU was average last season is because of what you see in the NFL now.

ODB
Jarvis Landry
Alfred Blue
Jeremy Hill
Mettenberger

All guys who started multiple games as ROOKIES last year.

How does playing an FBS team mean you're not afraid to compete? Looks more like "we need this check"

Exactly. I think it's undercover fear but it's all dressed up in a pretty package. You play a team that is supposed to beat you so when you lose, you have a built in excuse.

SIGH....folks in Louisiana no exactly why this game is being played. State officials are pressing for every team in the state to have at least one game between an in state school. Also, there has been talk of pushing every school to play an in state rival or at least one game in the Independence Bowl in Shreveport.

In the next 5 years look for LSU, Tech, ULM, GSU, SU, and Northwestern to have at least one game in Shreveport.

SIGH....folks in Louisiana no exactly why this game is being played. State officials are pressing for every team in the state to have at least one game between an in state school. Also, there has been talk of pushing every school to play an in state rival or at least one game in the Independence Bowl in Shreveport.

In the next 5 years look for LSU, Tech, ULM, GSU, SU, and Northwestern to have at least one game in Shreveport.

Keep revenue in-state. It's not a bad push, imho.

How does playing an FBS team mean you're not afraid to compete? Looks more like "we need this check"

Um....when haven't we needed the check? Funny thing is that when the other schools do it, them needed the check isn't in the equation.

Funny how that works huh?

He is just saying, don't dress up getting a check like it's "playing up" in competition.

I don't recall asking for an explanation. If anybody doesn't like the direction the conference has been going, they've had more than ample opportunity the last decade and a half to kick rocks.

This they are scared bullshit is old and tired. If you don't like it move on.

I don't recall asking for an explanation. If anybody doesn't like the direction the conference has been going, they've had more than ample opportunity the last decade and a half to kick rocks.

This they are scared bullshit is old and tired. If you don't like it move on.

Liking or not liking something does not make it not true but you are from SU so you don't mind living in untruth. Playing these FBS games are part fear. Some coaches would rather play those than a game on their level in fear of losing to a team on their level. It's a cop out.

Now, you have even further explanation. :snicker:

Keep revenue in-state. It's not a bad push, imho.

Exactly!!!

I know for a fact there is a bipartisan effort in North Louisiana with Northwestern, Tech, ULM, and GSU. All are on board with playing a team from either East Texas, Oklahoma, or Arkansas in Shreveport each year.

Liking or not liking something does not make it not true but you are from SU so you don't mind living in untruth. Playing these FBS games are part fear. Some coaches would rather play those than a game on their level in fear of losing to a team on their level. It's a cop out.

Now, you have even further explanation. :snicker:

As I said, you or anybody that thinks like you are more than welcome to kick rocks

Back