So, How Crazy Is Brian Jenkins?

I try my best to refrain from responding to foolishness. I read the story just like everyone else. I made my original statement, but what I can't do is deem this man innocent nor guilty. However, it seems most of you have figured out how to do that. Even in a court of law, the decision maker listens to both sides of the story and hears them equally. I am no more invested in ASU than I was BCU, but I do believe in fairness.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion yes...but does everyone know the truth...NO!! Right now you have one man's version of the interviews he did with "former/disgruntled" coaches/players...

Ideally this is correct, but realistically this is not true by any stretch of the imagination

Jay Rob for what it's worth, after Jenkins signed his $175k per season contract, he also received a $50k signing bonus. With incentives his salary could easy go over $250k. He may have taken a pay cut but it was not $90k. Carry on.

If he was GUARANTEED 90K at BCU, it was a $90K paycut. It's not like he will get that bonus every year and it's not like he is going to get those incentives. The EAST will forever go thru JSU. .. and now Alcorn is trying to compete. Good luck with those incentives.

Yep, I don't think y'all will beat any of the East teams this upcoming year. Y'all lost to all of us except Alcorn and they overlooked y'all for the SCG.

Oh is that what happened? LOL

How about we just made some changes that led us to winning our last two games? Alcorn was shut down.. why? JSU has the best defensive talent in the conference.

And this is what I thought too:

"If you still don't think ASU would face any consequences because it had nothing to do with what took place at Bethune-Cookman, just look what's happening at Tennessee regarding its first-year men's basketball coach Donnie Tyndall.

Southern Miss is currently under investigation for improper financial aid to two players when Tyndall was there. If the NCAA constitutes those as major violations, Tennessee can fire Tyndall because it has an option in his contract to do so, according to the The Tennessean's report."

I like this new Montgomery Advertiser reporter!!!! He be upon it!!!

Hey Kenny!! I'm waiting on you to tell us what Josh Moon told you. I can't get to the front page to read it. JT hasn't came back with the info about the pregnant cheerleaders yet. We need some more news mane.

This is the true sign of a dysfunctional program/university:

"Hines also said that he made ASU trustees and ASU President Gwendolyn Boyd aware of the issues prior to Jenkins being hired on Dec. 16 and approved by the board on Feb. 5.

"I talked with Coach Jenkins about those issues, and he was very up front with me about everything," Hines said. "My view on that is that it's all personnel matters from his previous workplace and this is a fresh start. (The trustees and I) have discussed those issues, and I made them aware of potentially what could be out there."

However, Boyd, board Chairman Locy Baker and other trustees said they had no discussions with Hines about the problems. In an emailed response to several questions asking if Hines had alerted her to specific allegations levied against Jenkins, Boyd's only reply was: "No."

Baker also denied having a conversation with Hines but said he would wait and see what came of the potential problems.

"If it's true — and we don't know if it is or not right now — we'd have to act," Baker said. "But if there are NCAA issues out there, we'll have to wait and see what comes of them and make a decision."

This guy (Jenkins) never denied any of this. And Hines just said it was a personnel matter. Uh.......ok.

And then you have Baker the Trustee saying this:

"Baker also denied having a conversation with Hines but said he would wait and see what came of the potential problems.

"If it's true — and we don't know if it is or not right now — we'd have to act," Baker said. "But if there are NCAA issues out there, we'll have to wait and see what comes of them and make a decision."

First he says if the NCAA allegations are true, they have to act. Then turns right around and says if there "are" NCAA allegations out there, we have to wait and see, then act. LOL!!!!!!!!

Man those violations that Jenkins did is something straight out the movies. I think I seen some of those scenes in a football movie before. I think it was "The Longest Yard- original one". Do Jenkins like watching movies? Maybe there is where he gets his tactics from.

This is what I'm talking about:

"The NCAA has already contacted the Bethune-Cookman graduate assistant who allegedly drove Issac Virgin to Tampa to get his transcript after Jenkins provided him with money to cover the reported $250 worth of charges he amassed at South Florida.

“It’s easy to tell when someone is BSing you,” Moon said. “I’ve been doing investigations a long time. I could verify most of what was being said.”

In what Moon described as “unusual,” the overwhelming majority of players and coaches, including parents of the players did not support Jenkins — something that historically doesn’t happen with a coach shrouded in controversy. Even rarer for a coach who has been as successful as Jenkins was at Bethune-Cookman."

I thought someone said he wasn't taking a pay cut?
And I thought they said that no one knew if BCU notified the NCAA. WELL, HERE IT IS:

"“What was his (Jenkins) record?” Moon asked in reference to Jenkins’ 46-14 career record. “They knew Bethune-Cookman reported the violations to the NCAA and MEAC. It was all about winning for them.”

Seems to me Jenkins took off running when he found out what was going on.

Jumping_20ship.jpg

No way in hell you would leave the sunny state of Florida to coach in Alabama unless you're getting paid more. He left Florida for Alabama and took a pay cut, sheesh. Seems as if Bama St knew what was going on, fired Barlow and offered Jenkins a safe haven. I could be wrong but it really don't matter to me.

Back