Respect

Gospel ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Y'all gonna' learn today.

And for those of us in the far reaching areas, we have a hospital district tax to pay as well for em mgmt svcs as well (fire, hospital) + CC taxes.

I think the SWAC should be semi-thankful PVAMU and sTu took a brief hiatus from locking down talented student-athletes. Now that we've become decently serious, look @ the results: 1. Alabama St 2. Texas Southern 3. Prairie View A&M

Those are your current top-3 finishers in the Commissioner Cup standings 2014-2015. This conversation is mute and moot. We know where the $$$ and power lie in this conference. :D

(attendance "smack" in 5...4...3...2.. lol )
How many football titles y'all got? Actually PV and TXSU should be glad that SU's track and field program has fallen on hard times. All of other sports are definitely on their way back to being top conference programs. We had to survive a Governor that supported cutting education and health care to the bare bones just so he could run for President saying he reduced government spending, cut taxes, and vetoed any tax increases. To the person talking about the financial exigency declaration, let's see how TXSU and PV fair when more than 50% of your school budget is cut. Tough decisions were made, but we did what we had to for survival. Those days are behind us.

Last edited:
To the person talking about the financial exigency declaration, let's see how TXSU and PV fair when more than 50% of your school budget is cut. Tough decisions were made, but we did what we had to for survival. Those days are behind us.

We'll continue to do the exact same thing we have done since 1927 and that's survive. Those days are behind you but history tells us it will happen in the years to come (for all of us).

I'm not sure if I'd mention a healthy athletic budget when my school recently declared "exigency." Something is totally amiss. School officials announcing school is broke but has athletic budget? lol There's a term for that... right... "it's not African-American rich but it's the other word that starts w/ an N... it'll come to me shortly." (c. 2015 Martha Stewart lol)

I know who the top 4 are in the SWAC (budget wise) 2013-2014: Bama St, SU, sTu, and well... lil' old PVAMU; so, I'd think those 4 are in pretty good shape, for the most part.

There's a comprehension issue, obviously; but it's expected when dealing w/ a few colored folks. *smh*

We'll continue to do the exact same thing we have done since 1927 and that's survive. Those days are behind you but history tells us it will happen in the years to come (for all of us).

Man don't lie to these people like that. It will not and CANNOT happen to "all of us." As long as Texas has "diddy," for the most part, we'll be okay, as he historically have. There'll be negro smack about it shortly as that's what typical negroes do, smack w/out fact.

Some of us are growing and well, the other people are continuing to downsize, as they rightly should.

What are those enrollment #s over the last 25 years? That's very, very, VERY telling. ::read::

We can of course. the civic group resisted and she didn't want to get into a bad PR for the university. However, since Rudley has stepped in we are building a new massive dormitory on land where the old South Central YMCA sat. We also have some residential property in sight right now.

That's exactly why eminent domain hasn't been extensively used by TSU.

Yep exactly what I'm talking about. Them Damn civic groups that are not bringing/doing shat to help the economics of the community and they don't want no one else to do it either. TCU don't give a damn about that, people was on the news complaining, while they were packing. But you better believe they were packing homes and businesses alike.

Yep exactly what I'm talking about. Them Damn civic groups that are not bringing/doing shat to help the economics of the community and they don't want no one else to do it either. TCU don't give a damn about that, people was on the news complaining, while they were packing. But you better believe they were packing homes and businesses alike.

Yeah, all those homes between Lanier East and Greystone (aka Academic Village) should have been bought up over 15 years ago. Those little raggedy apartments right across from Jack Yates just behind the Newman Center and corner store/dry cleaners should as well.

Reactions: JR
That's exactly why eminent domain hasn't been extensively used by TSU.

Personally, I am not a fan of eminent domain whether it is put into action by a university, city or state entity. Just my person thoughts on it. I understand the need but it something I am not a fan of.

Oh ok. Your initial post on it seemed to be placing blame on a higher entity (state-level),

How many football titles y'all got? Actually PV and TXSU should be glad that SU's track and field program has fallen on hard times. All of other sports are definitely on their way back to being top conference programs. We had to survive a Governor that supported cutting education and health care to the bare bones just so he could run for President saying he reduced government spending, cut taxes, and vetoed any tax increases. To the person talking about the financial exigency declaration, let's see how TXSU and PV fair when more than 50% of your school budget is cut. Tough decisions were made, but we did what we had to for survival. Those days are behind us.
Our track programs would have been back if Brain wouldn't have left. We had 3-4 athletes transferred to Sec programs after Brain left. They were mostly freshman including the all American that ran the 100.

Oh ok. Your initial post on it seemed to be placing blame on a higher entity (state-level),
Yep them too, the state was shorting sTu & PV for a long time. Took court action too make them get some act right. I'm telling you a strong TSU & PV is not what the dominant institutions want to see. They took notice of Mr. Walker in the NFL draft. I had a couple of people ask me about it as they know I am TSU all day. They had a "the sun shines on a dogs balls every now and again" mentality. But let a couple more kids get drafted, and watch the wheels of the machine start to turn.

We let TBF come in here and get the topic all off track. lol

These little people (you know who you are) see something positive about Southern and/or Grambling and go completely berserk. They know darn well we're their "Daddy!"

SCG(s) by SWAC States.
1) Louisiana 9
2T) Alabama 2
2T) Mississippi 2
3) Arkansas 1
4) Texas 1 (since Texas is 10X the size of Arkansas you're the bottom of the barrel and feeder.) Oh yeah........"Don't Mess With Texas" and "Everything Is Big In Texas"......yada, yada, yada.....

laughing_smiley.gif

Let's do an enrollment check and see what has happened over 10 year period and you'll see where the future of the SWAC lies....one state with two SWAC schools has dropped and the other has risen and one had the highest hbcu attendance in the 90s

I see these kids everyday and this generation is about style and flash and trust me, in pv's case their not losing kids to a Louisiana school due to amenities....Louisiana just wrote a new law to try and boost enrollment for hbcus.....

Problem is once again, they may go and do four years and their butts are back in the suburbs in Texas cause they want amenities......the lure of pappadeauxs with the downtown Dallas or Houston skyline is too hard for these kids to turn down...lol

In the 90s it was cool to go to Louisiana for school but now it's has changed....

Let's do an enrollment check and see what has happened over 10 year period and you'll see where the future of the SWAC lies....one state with two SWAC schools has dropped and the other has risen and one had the highest hbcu attendance in the 90s

I see these kids everyday and this generation is about style and flash and trust me, in pv's case their not losing kids to a Louisiana school due to amenities....Louisiana just wrote a new law to try and boost enrollment for hbcus.....

Problem is once again, they may go and do four years and their butts are back in the suburbs in Texas cause they want amenities......the lure of pappadeauxs with the downtown Dallas or Houston skyline is too hard for these kids to turn down...lol

In the 90s it was cool to go to Louisiana for school but now it's has changed....
If SU's band camp is any indication, Texas kids are about to flood Louisiana lol.

"Exigency" by SWAC States
1) Louisiana 2
2) Alabama 0
3) Mississippi 0
4) Arkansas 0
5) Texas 0 (and Texas IS a red state that endures the likes of our esteemed Mr George Bush and Mr Rick Perry as govs and yet those schools survived and grew. How does that work? That's something to REALLY fall out and lol about :D )
What perplexes any normal and sane human being who @ least pretends to be a college graduate lol, is how does one go from being "exigent" ie BROKE to now having athletic budget w/ surplus? :D Priorities are in the wrong place, imho, and that is a GREAT roadmap for us to store you in the history book for recollection as we study history. lol Maybe that state gov't should investigate a name change for a few schools to interject the word "Normal" back into their name because obviously, there's something god awfully abnormal going on about certain factions. :D

When PV and Texas Southern get it together, hell, fire, and Brimstone shall rain upon Louisiana.

SU, wake up. Its 2015. You better get use to competition. Grambling embraces it. You should too.

Our track programs would have been back if Brain wouldn't have left. We had 3-4 athletes transferred to Sec programs after Brain left. They were mostly freshman including the all American that ran the 100.

Speaking of "Brain" Johnson leaving Southern to go to Georgia...

ATHENS — Top five finishes in each of the last two years were not enough for Wayne Norton to keep his job as Georgia’s track & field and cross country coach.

The Bulldogs’ veteran leader was “not retained” by UGA, according to an announcement by Athletic Director Greg McGarity sent out via email Monday evening.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/ugas-wayne-norton-dismissed-as-track-coach/nmn2s/

You mean to play in the band, right? That's usually a good indicator. (insert sarcasm)

Those people are accustomed to nothing but superfluous smacking. *smh*

I want to discuss what's real: growth, future existence, future competitivity, direction, augmented competitivity, et al.

How many SWAC schools can say for CERTAIN their doors will be open 09/01/2015? I know factually, unless planet earth ends, sTu and PVAMU will, w/out "exigency." ::retarded smiley:: Geez.

Back