Respect

SUjagTILLiDIE

As exciting as offers from programs in major conferences have been, Grambling State and Southern have also been particularly meaningful to the son of Chargers' coach Mike Roach, whose recent previous stops included a spot on Doug Williams' staff at Grambling and a head coaching role at Southern Lab.

"When I grew up, I only wanted to go to either one of two schools, and that was Southern or Grambling," said Malcolm Roach, who earned Class 1A all-state recognition as a freshman at Southern Lab. "Those are the two schools where I was raised.

"Growing up watching them play was great learning experience for me. The Bayou Classic is something I grew up watching and something very special to me."
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/inde...as_southern_latest_o.html#incart_river_mobile

Yeah those big schools are going to tread lightly on how they approach him about not going to SU or GSU.

Yall say cream of the swac but Houston has become the goto destination

Y'all do realize when they leave the state that means loss of tax revenue, GAMEDAY funds across the board and the kids usually stay at home and enroll elsewhere

It's gotten so bad the schools had to change laws and file bills to make it attractive for the Out of state kids to come back as once black folks get away from the base we don't support well from afar

And let's be honest, ul has killed SU for the middle class black now that used to be a lock for SU

Yall say cream of the swac but Houston has become the goto destination

Y'all do realize when they leave the state that means loss of tax revenue, GAMEDAY funds across the board and the kids usually stay at home and enroll elsewhere

It's gotten so bad the schools had to change laws and file bills to make it attractive for the Out of state kids to come back as once black folks get away from the base we don't support well from afar

And let's be honest, ul has killed SU for the middle class black now that used to be a lock for SU
And what does that have to do with SU and GSU being in contention for this recruit? UL(I'm assuming you mean UL-Lafayette) is not a SWAC school so that has no bearing on the creme de la creme statement. Houston is a hot destination yet TXSU and PV don't dominate football in any form or fashion and SU continues to successfully recruit heavily in your backyard. The admission standards were changed because it was very stupid. You could score a 30 in Science and Reading, but still had to go to a community college for remediation if you scored a 17 in English or an 18 in math. Think how many students both SU and Grambling lost because of that.

And what does that have to do with SU and GSU being in contention for this recruit? UL(I'm assuming you mean UL-Lafayette) is not a SWAC school so that has no bearing on the creme de la creme statement. Houston is hot destination yet TXSU and PV don't dominate football in any form or fashion and SU continues to successfully recruit heavily in your backyard.

Exactly.

Thats what im talkin about C-LeB28. When u the best yo servants will help u. Lol

If you are the best of the best you should be able to spell it correctly right?

The band fan is right. We need to sincerely thank you "boot" folks in increasing our tax base.

The band fan is right. We need to sincerely thank you "boot" folks in increasing our tax base.

His posts are also a combination of conscientious stupidity and sincere ignorance. Oh well between pv & tsu the last 40 years or so they have 1 football championship so misery just simply loves company......Keep in mind this is coming from two families of Louisiana refugees........

laughing_smiley.gif

Last edited:

Thats right C-LeB28! Just make sure when i come to Houston u help me to my correct seat.

Successfully recruit? That died years ago as Grambling had more success in the mid 2000s recruiting Houston but that changed as it's not hard to flip a kid At the last minute as I saw it done twice with a staff barely on campus two weeks in with just drawings to show people

Jrock where do you live?

In the 90s louisiana was the place to be but the tide changed and alums kids want to attend school mostly where they have suburban amenities

Successfully recruit? That died years ago as Grambling had more success in the mid 2000s recruiting Houston but that changed as it's not hard to flip a kid At the last minute as I saw it done twice with a staff barely on campus two weeks in with just drawings to show people

Jrock where do you live?

In the 90s louisiana was the place to be but the tide changed and alums kids want to attend school mostly where they have suburban amenities

Really?

So why can't y'all get any?

Jrock where do you live?

Dude folks from Louisiana (and most of the South) have been migrating to places before you were thought of and well before the industrial revolution. How else do you think you ended up in Houston? You're a little yellow boy with roots in Opelousas, LA.

laughing_smiley.gif

Exactly! Hell I live in Dallas now and was born and raised in Louisiana but guess what??? Our Alumni association is sending kids from right here in Texas back to SU. Most of these folks out here have LA roots.

So creamy the alumni run to texas for the coffee and stay there to drink it

No different than LSU alums. Don't know why you harp on that. Folks leave states all the time for work. Texas actually get less money from folks since it's no state income tax. So it is up to the individual how much money they actually contribute to your home state. Which is why folks like moving there. Ain't like Texas is Calif with all them taxes.

No state income tax. So that tax base ain't that big. It's all about what you want to spend. Those corporations are who contribute to your tax base. Property tax is based on where you live. Those suburbs are who get most alums money. Texas is great for all folks to live because they ain't in your pocket. So what tBF is spewing is meaningless. It ain't that much money being poured into Texas by La alums.

Back