Respect

No state income tax. So that tax base ain't that big. It's all about what you want to spend. Those corporations are who contribute to your tax base. Property tax is based on where you live. Those suburbs are who get most alums money. Texas is great for all folks to live because they ain't in your pocket. So what tBF is spewing is meaningless. It ain't that much money being poured into Texas by La alums.

Come on now JR. Or are you saying LA alums are here on the public udder? I know you are not saying that.

You're a little yellow boy with roots in Opelousas, LA.

laughing_smiley.gif
Say it aint so lmao

JR, you do know the sales & use tax, renditions each and every company pays to the local government right? When you pay your taxes on your home (in Houston) you are paying HISD, Houston Community College taxes as well.

The Harris County Tax Assessor-Collector’s Office collects over $5.6 billion in property tax payments annually. Care to expand tax collections on a state wide basis?

JR, you do know the sales & use tax, renditions each and every company pays to the local government right? When you pay your taxes on your home (in Houston) you are paying HISD, Houston Community College taxes as well.

The Harris County Tax Assessor-Collector’s Office collects over $5.6 billion in property tax payments annually. Care to expand tax collections on a state wide basis?

Gospel ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Y'all gonna' learn today.

And for those of us in the far reaching areas, we have a hospital district tax to pay as well for em mgmt svcs as well (fire, hospital) + CC taxes.

I think the SWAC should be semi-thankful PVAMU and sTu took a brief hiatus from locking down talented student-athletes. Now that we've become decently serious, look @ the results: 1. Alabama St 2. Texas Southern 3. Prairie View A&M

Those are your current top-3 finishers in the Commissioner Cup standings 2014-2015. This conversation is mute and moot. We know where the $$$ and power lie in this conference. :D

(attendance "smack" in 5...4...3...2.. lol )

Last edited:
Come on now JR. Or are you saying LA alums are here on the public udder? I know you are not saying that.

No Herbert. Just saying TBF is just bumping his gums like LA alums are funding Texas so much which funds his other school PV. I am saying folks move to Texas due to jobs and no STATE INCOME tax. Which means Texas gets LESS out of LA alums than LA itself and any other state that has a state income tax. You can limit the other stuff you get taxed on. Food don't get taxed in the grocery store. So you only giving back to Texas based on mostly property tax. Which still ain't nothing compared to other states income tax. And you still get to decide where you live and how much tax you will pay based on what county you decide to move in. Just saying TBF trying to down LA because the SU and Gram alums move to Texas as well as the LSU and La Tech, ULL etc alums do. LOL. Or an Arkansas alum or an Oklahoma alum. So he needs to quit with that analogy. If anything those alums Texas wages are going back to SU, Gram, LSU etc. LOL. SU Houston alumni chapter is the biggest chapter donor to SU outside the state. So thanks to TEXAS. SU is getting some state income tax free loot.

You don't have to live in Harris county and I didn't. When I did, I didn't own property. LOL. I mean most SU alums live in Ft Bend and other counties anyway. The younger alums live in apartments. Again the sales tax aint that heavy. Have yall lived in other states? You know who Harris County pimps? The visitors to Houston. Hotels, Rental Cars etc..

By the way, who do you think is paying all those taxes in Harris county? Them rich mofos. I know damn well Harris county ain't depending on LA alums to foot their bill. That's my point. TBF likes to brag on this thanks to La alums we got more money. No, thanks to all them big arse corporations is why Texas got money. Folks are their for the jobs and most of them are TEXAS natives. Even if the whole state of LA moved to Texas it would not compare to what Texas alums pay in sales and property taxes.

In order to have a pissing match, one must first have something to piss w/ and then have piss to actually piss. Calm down, JR. *smh*

It's 2015. The realistic question to ask is exactly where is your athletic program/athletic budget situated, today? Where is your campus (athletic) infrastructure situated, today? Where is your athletic program trending? Upward? Downward? Who cares what happened in 1994. PVAMU had a fledgling 30+ game losing streak @ that time and that has zero bearing on anything, today. We're beind on the new stadium due to the vast rains over the last 2 months. All day, everyday: work. :D

You don't have to live in Harris county and I didn't. When I did, I didn't own property. LOL. I mean most SU alums live in Ft Bend and other counties anyway. The younger alums live in apartments. Again the sales tax aint that heavy. Have yall lived in other states? You know who Harris County pimps? The visitors to Houston. Hotels, Rental Cars etc..

By the way, who do you think is paying all those taxes in Harris county? Them rich mofos. I know damn well Harris county ain't depending on LA alums to foot their bill. That's my point. TBF likes to brag on this thanks to La alums we got more money. No, thanks to all them big arse corporations is why Texas got money. Folks are their for the jobs and most of them are TEXAS natives. Even if the whole state of LA moved to Texas it would not compare to what Texas alums pay in sales and property taxes.

Brazoria County, Fort Bend County, you name it county....

What I'm getting at is the billions the city, county and state makes in taxes (despite having state income taxes). People of all states and countries are breaking their necks to get to TEXAS!!!

bumperDMWTTP1-580x171.jpg

In order to have a pissing match, one must first have something to piss w/ and then have piss to actually piss. Calm down, JR. *smh*

It's 2015. The realistic question to ask is exactly where is your athletic program/athletic budget situated, today? Where is your campus (athletic) infrastructure situated, today? Where is your athletic program trending? Upward? Downward? Who cares what happened in 1994. PVAMU had a fledgling 30+ game losing streak @ that time and that has zero bearing on anything, today. We're beind on the new stadium due to the vast rains over the last 2 months. All day, everyday: work. :D
SU's athletic department is the only HBCU, with under 50% subsidies. SU Athletics is in a great place. I will put SU behind Bama St when comparing total athletic facilities when it comes to HBCU's:

SU's athletic department is the only HBCU, with under 50% subsidies. SU Athletics is in a great place. I will put SU behind Bama St when comparing total athletic facilities when it comes to HBCU's:

Lets revisit this in 2016. lol Also, one cannot throw sTu under the bus. Their football team is in a state of the art venue and their basketball arena is unparalleled, imho. They are doing some great stuff in Houston.

But they seriously need to address their local recruiting if they desire to be successful athletically. :)

Now Panthrow looking at the numbers, which athletic department is healthiest.

I'm not sure if I'd mention a healthy athletic budget when my school recently declared "exigency." Something is totally amiss. School officials announcing school is broke but has athletic budget? lol There's a term for that... right... "it's not African-American rich but it's the other word that starts w/ an N... it'll come to me shortly." (c. 2015 Martha Stewart lol)

I know who the top 4 are in the SWAC (budget wise) 2013-2014: Bama St, SU, sTu, and well... lil' old PVAMU; so, I'd think those 4 are in pretty good shape, for the most part.

I'm not sure if I'd mention a healthy athletic budget when my school recently declared "exigency." Something is totally amiss. School officials announcing school is broke but has athletic budget? lol There's a term for that... right... "it's not African-American rich but it's the other word that starts w/ an N... it'll come to me shortly." (c. 2015 Martha Stewart lol)

I know who the top 4 are in the SWAC (budget wise) 2013-2014: Bama St, SU, sTu, and well... lil' old PVAMU; so, I'd think those 4 are in pretty good shape, for the most part.

I think credit goes to our AD or former AD for going out and busting his azz to bring in outside funding to fill in the gap during the fiscal crisis in Louisiana. By the way LSU just did the same thing, would you not call their athletic budget healthy.

Lets revisit this in 2016. lol Also, one cannot throw sTu under the bus. Their football team is in a state of the art venue and their basketball arena is unparalleled, imho. They are doing some great stuff in Houston.

But they seriously need to address their local recruiting if they desire to be successful athletically. :)

For the football programs at sTu & pv to be what they have been in TX someone must have wanted it to be that way.

If a kid can go to TSU or PV and get drafted in the 1st or 2nd round that makes problem for you know who. Follow the funding....why we have to sue to get our rightful funding. Why can't tsu impose imminent domain to grow like some other schools? They even let tcu get land with imminent domain and tcu is private. Tides are turning, as soon as we get jsu off our campus....never mind some things should be a suprise.

I think credit goes to our AD or former AD for going out and busting his azz to bring in outside funding to fill in the gap during the fiscal crisis in Louisiana. By the way LSU just did the same thing, would you not call their athletic budget healthy.

There's that comparison again and we know the comparison is like apples and bananas :rolleyes:

Brazoria County, Fort Bend County, you name it county....

What I'm getting at is the billions the city, county and state makes in taxes (despite having state income taxes). People of all states and countries are breaking their necks to get to TEXAS!!!

bumperDMWTTP1-580x171.jpg

I agree with that. I am just saying folks like the NO STATE INCOME TAX. The jobs and cost of living.

SU is on the way back. Can't speak for others. You can see the growth on campus with new stuff being built and enrollment growing. Now that Jindal is on his way out. We may just survive.

13-14 revenues: LSU: $125 mil+. SWAC (all 10 combined): just over $80 million.

Bad news: huge gap, and it's yawning. This was not true even a decade ago.

Good news: when an institution like Southern privately raises over $2 mil and self generates over $5.5 mil, it far outpaces SWAC competitors. SU just did that for the 1st time in 14-15.

From Dr. William Broussard

Why can't tsu impose imminent domain to grow like some other schools? They even let tcu get land with imminent domain and tcu is private.
"They" who? TSU's board has the power to acquire land via eminent domain based on the Texas Education code.

"They" who? TSU's board has the power to acquire land via eminent domain based on the Texas Education code.

We can of course. When Slade was in office she tried to buy several blocks of residential land but the civic group resisted and she didn't want to get into a bad PR for the university. However, since Rudley has stepped in we are building a new massive dormitory on land where the old South Central YMCA sat. We also have some residential property in sight right now.

We can of course. When Slade was in office she tried to buy several blocks of residential land but the civic group resisted and she didn't want to get into a bad PR for the university. However, since Rudley has stepped in we are building a new massive dormitory on land where the old South Central YMCA sat.
That's exactly why eminent domain hasn't been extensively used by TSU.

Back