Progress on new Harrison HPER Complex at MVSU

Being on mVsu campus as of now, I see valley priorities are in the wrong place. Seeing more than 75 percent of the campus could use some type of renovations. This basketball arena could have waited . I understand school like JSU,Alabama state and Su making athletic facilities a priority but not valley. This campus looks neglected but yet your building a basketball arena.

You sound some type of crazy (but you do most of the time so it's normal). Just about all of the academic buildings (including the Library) have been renovated/rebuilt within the past 1-5 years and half of the dorms. It's been posted on here and Facebook that the major things that needs improvement at Valley and JSU is dorms. You do know that we have to get the money from the state to do this right? Just like Ole Miss and MSU do. They just get theirs quicker.

As far as the arena, the last renovation the New Gym had was in the 70s. As with the football stadium, the floor became dangerous so it HAD to be fixed immediately. As a state institution, the STATE had to fix it so we finally got a new gym much like JSU is trying to get a new stadium/dome that they've have been waiting on since the 70s like us.

You sound some type of crazy (but you do most of the time so it's normal). Just about all of the academic buildings (including the Library) have been renovated/rebuilt within the past 1-5 years and half of the dorms. It's been posted on here and Facebook that the major things that needs improvement at Valley and JSU is dorms. You do know that we have to get the money from the state to do this right? Just like Ole Miss and MSU do. They just get theirs quicker.

As far as the arena, the last renovation the New Gym had was in the 70s. As with the football stadium, the floor became dangerous so it HAD to be fixed immediately. As a state institution, the STATE had to fix it so we finally got a new gym much like JSU is trying to get a new stadium/dome that they've have been waiting on since the 70s like us.
Yada yada yada. Since you brought up JSU precisely, I shall elaborate. If you noticed I said seem like valley would have upgraded there dorms, class rooms and especially this laundry mat before building this basketball facility was my point of statement made. Jsu has upgraded ever building on campus besides the ayers hall so yea they can ask for other facilities like stadiums. Alexander hall, library, Dixon hall, campus Union, business building and even police station has been renovated and or rebuilt. After the work of Alexander hall, JSU would have updated all dorms so basically they fixed what they had first before asking for more. That's all I was saying. Jsu made sure class rooms and buildings that were used by students were taken care of first. Now the campus is all renovated or new so yes again they have the right to look at other new facilities. But building new irrelevant facilities before relevant ones is not a good approach. No new irrelevant building was built before the renovation of all old buildings that are relevant at JSU . So leave JSU out of this !!

Yada yada yada. Since you brought up JSU precisely, I shall elaborate. If you noticed I said seem like valley would have upgraded there dorms, class rooms and especially this laundry mat before building this basketball facility was my point of statement made. Jsu has upgraded ever building on campus besides the ayers hall so yea they can ask for other facilities like stadiums. Alexander hall, library, Dixon hall, campus Union, business building and even police station has been renovated and or rebuilt. After the work of Alexander hall, JSU would have updated all dorms so basically they fixed what they had first before asking for more. That's all I was saying. Jsu made sure class rooms and buildings that were used by students were taken care of first. Now the campus is all renovated or new so yes again they have the right to look at other new facilities. But building new irrelevant facilities before relevant ones is not a good approach. No new irrelevant building was built before the renovation of all old buildings that are relevant at JSU . So leave JSU out of this !!

As mentioned before, the state appropriates money as it sees fit (Valley got stadium and gym renovations...)
Housing is still a problem at JSU....(Alexander and Stewart are in a holding pattern for renovation) If JSU could have got some money for a stadium years ago they would have built it before the engineering building or business building.....

Was able to actually get inside of the fence for these.

Was able to get a peek inside of the building to see how far they have come along 9as you can see by the elevator pic)

h2tZ0Fu.jpg

Good to hear they are almost finished, can not wait to see the final product. How long have they been working on this?

Good to hear they are almost finished, can not wait to see the final product. How long have they been working on this?

A little over 2 years (was supposed to be finished this month but they got behind). They had to basically tear down the old gym (the New Gym... the "Old Gym" is still open) and build it over again in the same spot plus renovate the classrooms and swimming area that weren't torn down.

I might go and see if I can get some inside pics (I went inside and got a peek but didn't go all the way in and take pics). It's looking nice.

It kinda looks like my high school gym.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-26-11-57-12-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-11-57-12-1.png
    335.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-01-21-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-01-21-1.png
    406.5 KB · Views: 53
Off Topic..... Dorman High in SC. I was fortunate to go to a great high school

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-38-23-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-38-23-1.png
    210.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-36-21-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-36-21-1.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-33-08-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-33-08-1.png
    392.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-39-29-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-39-29-1.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-39-57-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-39-57-1.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-41-22-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-12-41-22-1.png
    311.8 KB · Views: 32
As mentioned before, the state appropriates money as it sees fit (Valley got stadium and gym renovations...)
Housing is still a problem at JSU....(Alexander and Stewart are in a holding pattern for renovation) If JSU could have got some money for a stadium years ago they would have built it before the engineering building or business building.....

JSU ain't never seriously asked for stadium money... YOU ALL want us to have a stadium when we have the best one in the conference already.. smh Housing is not a problem at JSU. All of our students are housed and ALL of our dorms are relatively new, renovated or being renovated right now. We are going to build a new dorm in a few years.

JSU ain't never seriously asked for stadium money... YOU ALL want us to have a stadium when we have the best one in the conference already.. smh Housing is not a problem at JSU. All of our students are housed and ALL of our dorms are relatively new, renovated or being renovated right now. We are going to build a new dorm in a few years.

Sorry to inform you that having the biggest stadium doesn't mean its the best stadium. And when UMC finish their plan of the medical corridor, you gonna have to find somewhere to play. Ijs

Sorry to inform you that having the biggest stadium doesn't mean its the best stadium. And when UMC finish their plan of the medical corridor, you gonna have to find somewhere to play. Ijs

We have the best one.. period.

Also, when they choose to build the medical corridor, THEN we will have them pinned back. They will not be able to tear down Memorial without our ok. Do you think the legislature is ready for the bad press and media attention if they put us out with no where to play? Nah.. then we make our move. Until then, we can play in the best stadium in the conference and the state can continue to fix it up for us. They gave a nice video scoreboard a few years ago.. Alcorn got one? LOL

Off Topic..... Dorman High in SC. I was fortunate to go to a great high school

They signed a contract yesterday to come do a home and home football game with Bob Jones High out of Madison ( Huntsville suburb).

Back