Prairie View A&M selects PBK Sports to design Football Stadium & Athletic Field House

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is wishful thinking I know... I think it time for SU to get a new stadium, i know its a long shot since we got a field house, , but just think uapb has a new stadium people might talk about txsu but the stadium is new , Asu, now pvam, hell even though I don't like jsu, Memorial is still memorial.. and it's not like SU does not have the city stadium 21,500 in downtown to compensate for rebuilding of the new one

New stadium not going to happen no time soon . Just spent 18 million on endzone upgrades. 2.5 million on scoreboard. New running track. $400,000. Plus 6 million on pressbox . I just don't see it happening. Now coach o wants another field house in the south end zone. I can see that !!!

It is wishful thinking I know... I think it time for SU to get a new stadium, i know its a long shot since we got a field house, , but just think uapb has a new stadium people might talk about txsu but the stadium is new , Asu, now pvam, hell even though I don't like jsu, Memorial is still memorial.. and it's not like SU does not have the city stadium 21,500 in downtown to compensate for rebuilding of the new one
No need. Just update it as needed.

New stadium not going to happen no time soon . Just spent 18 million on endzone upgrades. 2.5 million on scoreboard. New running track. $400,000. Plus 6 million on pressbox . I just don't see it happening. Now coach o wants another field house in the south end zone. I can see that !!!

He has to realize, SU (1928) and LSU (1924) stadiums were both constructed around the same time, with the same concept, which was to build dormitories with a football field in the middle of them. All SU needs to do is continue renovating and upgrading Mumford. I would love to see the track removed and the south end zone closed in. If the track is removed, SU would need to lower the field a few feet and add more seats on each side. One of the biggest cost in lowering the field, SU would need to install a sophisticated drainage system with sump pumps so that the field can remain dry during big rain events. There's plenty of room off of the new road that runs behind Southern Lab (Isabel Herson Street) to build a separate track with bleachers. After the south end zone is closed in, SU needs to put together future plans for a deck of seats over the east side of the stadium with luxury box suites in the middle. Also, in 2001, SU did a complete joint seal on Mumford and replaced any deteriorated concrete in the stadium.

http://www.emseal.com/Projects/Stadium_Projects/Whos_Using_EMSEAL_Stadium_Joints.htm

Last edited:
I actually disagree, i think the dorms behind the stadium and the rest of the buildings excluding the old gym due the fact it's is on the historic list, need to be torn down,, that could make way for a nice size football operation building, i would do the stadium in sections, the home side would get torn down, then eventually the visors side. He'll u could add a track to one of the practice fields and have meets at the lousiana Institute complex SU band and football team practice there already.

But PVAM NICE STADIUM

I actually disagree, i think the dorms behind the stadium and the rest of the buildings excluding the old gym due the fact it's is on the historic list, need to be torn down,, that could make way for a nice size football operation building, i would do the stadium in sections, the home side would get torn down, then eventually the visors side. He'll u could add a track to one of the practice fields and have meets at the lousiana Institute complex SU band and football team practice there already.

But PVAM NICE STADIUM
There is no track at LLI's stadium.

But PVAM NICE STADIUM

I'm sure the dorms can be removed without actually removing the support structure for the stadium. The dorm are just bricked in rooms under the stadium. If the dorms are removed, I'm sure that could open that area up for more concessions and lavatories. IMO, Mumford Stadium is not a bad stadium, SU just needs to continue to renovate and upgrade it. Also, IMO Mumford Stadium is probably more structurally sound than most stadiums. How many FCS stadiums you know of that are all concrete? Norfolk State and NCA&T both have newer and nice size stadiums, but for some reason they both reminds me of my high school stadium with those all metal bleachers. The only thing metal in Mumford Stadium are the seats that are supported by the concrete structure underneath.

There is no track at LLI's stadium.

Yep!!!

9vbifa.jpg

Exactly. I assume if Coach wants a new Field House on the opposite end zone. Might as well put seats there with it like we did in the other end zone.

IMO, the field house should be completely separate from the stadium, since Coach O. wants to relocate the tennis courts for it. There's enough room in that area to build a field house and an indoors practice field next to the new outdoors practice facilities on the east side of the stadium.

16h3xl.jpg

Last edited:

IMO, the field house should be completely separate from the stadium, since Coach O. wants to relocate the tennis courts for it. There's enough room in that area to build a field house and an indoors practice field next to the new outdoors practice facilities on the west side of the stadium.

6jonr5.jpg

That would be ideal. Don't know what the cost would be. Wish I had T Boone Pickens type of loot or SU would have all this stuff right now. Or building it. I agree not to tear down Mumford. Just enhance it. Once Jaguar Park is finished. I would like to see what the next phase of things are.

That would be ideal. Don't know what the cost would be. Wish I had T Boone Pickens type of loot or SU would have all this stuff right now. Or building it. I agree not to tear down Mumford. Just enhance it. Once Jaguar Park is finished. I would like to see what the next phase of things are.

I meant to say the new practice facilities on the EAST side of the stadium.

SU needs to phase those projects into a 15 to 20 year plan, so that the cost of construction for each phase doesn't go over $20 million dollars.

Here would be my priority list:
1. Construct a field house and indoors practice field,
2. Remove the track, lower the field, and construct additional seats around the stadium that would be closer to the field, which would require improvements to the field's drainage system
3. Construct more seats and luxury box suites by closing in the south end zone, and
4. Construct a deck of seats over the east side of the stadium with luxury box seats in the middle.

Phase 4 on my list probably would be the most expensive phase.

Last edited:

But PVAM NICE STADIUM
We don't need a new damn stadium. Smh. Right now Mumford is the 2nd best on campus facility in the Swac.

Last edited:
Why does SU need another field house? Why do the visiting teams still use that old gym?
Because we want another one lol. We dont want them tearing our new shat up so they can change in the gym and use the locker room under the stadium. The year before SU moved into the new field house, not sure what school, but I heard they trashed and tore up, SU's old visiting locker room. We can give the other side to the athletic department, and the programs without a fieldhouse (Tennis) can use it, since the soccer field house will be coming online soon.

Last edited:
Exactly. I assume if Coach wants a new Field House on the opposite end zone. Might as well put seats there with it like we did in the other end zone.
No seats needed. Spend every cent on the complex and amenities. Seats is what added a lot of cost to the other addition. Now I might add some more SUites.

Because we want another one lol. We dont want them tearing our new shat up so they can change in the gym and use the locker room under the stadium. The year before SU moved into the new field house, not sure what school, but I heard they trashed and tore up, SU's old visiting locker room.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't tear up something new, If they tear it up make them pay. Y'all really got a locker room under the stadium?

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't tear up something new, If they tear it up make them pay. Y'all really got a locker room under the stadium?
Two locker rooms. They use to use them before the field house was built. It has no
shower area's though. Just a space for the teams to meet lol. Not sure if the entire team can fit in it lol. Perfect for visitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back