Prairie View A&M selects PBK Sports to design Football Stadium & Athletic Field House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man J89 I'm not sure what's what. I haven't been on campus yet to see a new stadium so I don't know what they are doing @ PVAMU.

They're building a stadium there? :eek:

I hope things workout and there's not another Allen ISD type stadium. I'm sure PVAMU has the right eyes and ears on the project. The construction phase is the most critical phase when it comes to getting the job right, since there are so many moving parts. I've seen in some cases the sub-contractors have sub-contractors, which is crazy, but the contractor is ultimately responsible for all the works.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I hope things workout and there's not another Allen ISD type stadium. I'm sure PVAMU has the right eyes and ears on the project. The construction phase is the most critical phase when it comes to getting the job right, since there are so many moving parts. I've seen in some cases the sub-contractors have sub-contractors, which is crazy, but the contractor is ultimately responsible for all the works.

I guess so man. Allen is 250+ miles from PVAMU's campus so who knows how connected they both could be via PBK Sports or using the same cement/cement supplier(s). We may need to call the PVAMU Infrastructure Team and ask them if any of the buildings erected over the last 20+ years are cracking or showing signs of duress since concrete stability may be an issue, since it's now being reported here, in this medium.

lol

Last edited:
PBK has done a lot of other work around the state since the Allen ISD issue. I would venture to say PV has nothing to worry about along those lines. I can't wait to visit their stadium.

I guess so man. Allen is 250+ miles from PVAMU's campus so who knows how connected they both could be via PBK Sports or using the same cement/cement supplier(s). We may need to call the PVAMU Infrastructure Team and ask them if any of the buildings erected over the last 20+ years are cracking or showing signs of duress since concrete stability may be an issue, since it's now being reported here, in this medium.

lol

Just checking!!! I didn't know PBK designed other facilities for PVAMU 20+ years ago. I'm sure 20+ years ago engineers over-engineered/designed facilities to compensate for any construction errors. In most cases, it's not the design or concrete itself you have to worry about, it's those (contractor and sub-contractors) who are putting the facility together where things go wrong.

Last edited:
Things are coming along great....

154fb53a-d776-4cc8-b7ac-87ecef02f559.jpg

And notice that our new track facility is going in south of the football stadium.

31428544-fb26-42b9-8bef-f54d1bdd4ae1.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back