Prairie View A&M selects PBK Sports to design Football Stadium & Athletic Field House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Prairie View A&M selects PBK Sports to design Football Stadium & Athletic Field H

Hey its a start in the right directon. Who did that design for yal a year or ago? That was real nice :tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Re: Prairie View A&M selects PBK Sports to design Football Stadium & Athletic Field H

Good job PV

Congrats PV!

good deal p. view. :tup:

the details on the link sounds good. good luck on the process.

Congrats PV

God Speed PV!!! :tup:

Great news Texas cousin! :tup:

Great Stuff!!!

Hey its a start in the right directon. Who did that design for yal a year or ago? That was real nice :tup:

You do realize what they presented a few years ago was not a design. It was an architectural rendering of what the stadium should look like. The actual design will consist of surveying, geotechnical, structural support calculations, site grading plans, and infrastructural upgrades (water, sewer, road, electrical, storm drain, etc.), basically a complete set of engineering specifications, drawings, and details that explains exactly how each component of the project should be constructed. If that is the case, the design phase could take at least one year to complete and the construction phase can take another year or more to complete, providing that there are no delays in the project. They should have their new stadium at the start of the 2016 or 2017 season.

Glad to see another SWAC school (Prairie View) with a realistic vision of what can be accomplished in upgrading their athletic facilities. A 15k stadium would drastically reduce Prairie View's current stadium attendance based on Stadium Capacity from 139% to 56%, which I'm pretty sure would be greatly appreciated by students and alums, especially during large attended games like homecoming.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

From the size and look, it would probably be similar to Northwestern State University Stadium (Turpin Stadium).

Here's a picture of NwSt's stadium when it was packed. I believe this was a game against Southern in the 90's.

Harry-Turpin-Stadium-2.jpg

I've always thought NwSt had a nice stadium that could be easily expanded, but since their attendance is not that great, I'm pretty sure stadium expansion is no-where in the near future for NwSt.

Last edited:

From the size and look, it would probably be similar to Northwestern State University Stadium (Turpin Stadium).

Here's a picture of NwSt's stadium when it was packed. I believe this was a game against Southern in the 90's.

If you click the link, it will give an idea of what PVs stadium will look like.

http://www.pbk.com/?id=308&ft=Stadiums&gid=188

it truly hope this doesn't lead to the end of the State Fair Classic

http://www.pbk.com/?id=308&ft=Stadiums&gid=188

I saw that, which is why I compared it to NwSt's Stadium that holds approximately 16k with a lower and upper deck on the home side with a comparable size on the visitor's side. The big difference in the two would be their outside façade.

Last edited:

Should be very nice. I look forward to seeing it!

Actually it may not.....

New University Sports Complex (**study)

Conceptual study and related imagery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back