Prairie View A&M New Athletic Complex (Con't 3)

13606581_10208249425968113_2385718704070934169_n.jpg

I like how they twisted and turned all the facilities to make them fit in a particular area, which is called maximizing land use. I'm sure a good surveyor, engineer, and AutoCad person could squeeze more into that area, but one thing they have to be mindful of, leave some space for other mitigating factors, such as storm drainage.

I have heard that title 9 requires female teams to have their own facilities

I don't think that is entirely true since you don't see 2 basketball facilities, tracks, tennis courts etc...

I like how they twisted and turned all the facilities to make them fit in a particular area, which is called maximizing land use. I'm sure a good surveyor, engineer, and AutoCad person could squeeze more into that area, but one thing they have to be mindful of, leave some space for other mitigating factors, such as storm drainage.

The new stadium has built in pumps for their storm drainage and there is a creek that takes the storm runoff located just above where the stadium is and below the new parking lot. There is also more land that is not shown in the shot below the new soccer field.

I don't think that is entirely true since you don't see 2 basketball facilities, tracks, tennis courts etc...

Basketball/volleyball courts, tennis courts, tracks, et al are shared and gender neutral venues. We have M/W baseball/softball fields. We have M/W football/futbol fields. We have a W bowling alley. I think we are in line w/ Title IX. :)

PV Alumni and current students know that our school's master plan was developed as a "pedestrian friendly" campus with parking on the outside to walk inward. This was created to appreciate the green space and historical trees of the former plantation. They even shut down the street that drove in front od the admin bldg. So the walks won't bother us. It is the visitors/opposing school that it will be hard for. Lol... No bragging or anything, but once you park and walk the campus to the stadium, the views won't make the walk so bad.... I promise.

Now if you late and in a rush.... you may not feel the same way. Lol.

PV Alumni and current students know that our school's master plan was developed as a "pedestrian friendly" campus with parking on the outside to walk inward. This was created to appreciate the green space and historical trees of the former plantation. They even shut down the street that drove in front od the admin bldg. So the walks won't bother us. It is the visitors/opposing school that it will be hard for. Lol... No bragging or anything, but once you park and walk the campus to the stadium, the views won't make the walk so bad.... I promise.

Now if you late and in a rush.... you may not feel the same way. Lol.

I remember the masterplan stating that this street will be filled with grass and turned into a "mall"-like area. I wonder if those plans are still in place.

Basketball/volleyball courts, tennis courts, tracks, et al are shared and gender neutral venues. We have M/W baseball/softball fields. We have M/W football/futbol fields. We have a W bowling alley. I think we are in line w/ Title IX. :)

Baseball and softball field are different in itself as the dimensions are totally different along with the infields. Football/Futbol could play on the same field as long as the width of the Futbol field can be marked off (eg BBVA Stadium). Until we sponsor a men's bowling team those alleys don't matter.

Mercifully, PVAMU sits on a hill ala "The Hill." Your thoughts regarding drainage are on point though. Areas about Houston have historical issues w/ water drainage from storms.

True, but if you exponentially increase the C value or the runoff coefficient in the storm water discharge equation (Q=CIA) by creating more impervious surfaces via new developments, the potential of flash flooding increases. Rushing waters on a hill can flood structures too.

The problem in Houston, developers have gotten with engineers to tweak the values in the storm water discharge equation (Rational Method) in order to develop more land with very little land dedicated to storm water protection. When it rains, the water has to go somewhere. Therefore, waters will rise into homes.

Last edited:
I remember the masterplan stating that this street will be filled with grass and turned into a "mall"-like area. I wonder if those plans are still in place.

Storm96 I know it existed as well. But heard that it needed to remain an accessible route for emergencies etc. So that is probably why it still remains a road.

I sincerely hope some of those brainiacs lol @ j st don't see this pic and realize that the stadium is actually phase I and phase II allows it to be easily expandable w/ the horseshoe enclosed and larger east side deck installed lol. Funny dudes and dudettes in a non-haha way. smh

I sincerely hope some of those brainiacs lol @ j st don't see this pic and realize that the stadium is actually phase I and phase II allows it to be easily expandable w/ the horseshoe enclosed and larger east side deck installed lol. Funny dudes and dudettes in a non-haha way. smh

let me explain this to you.... expandable means nothing. SU was the last team to expand and it took them 50 years to do it. UAPB was built to expand too but do you see any expanding... LOL
...and why you mentioning JSU? We already said your stadium is cute.

let me explain this to you.... expandable means nothing. SU was the last team to expand and it took them 50 years to do it. UAPB was built to expand too but do you see any expanding... LOL
...and why you mentioning JSU? We already said your stadium is cute.

Guy you cannot explain shit to me :D . We know what OUR destination is, which doesn't include jsu in its future lol. And I seriously didn't know that SU was spelled "PVAMU." lol Wrong school bud.

Some of your alums had a problem comprehending great english until Fi posted those differing phases of development and lo' and behold, it was right there---> "Phase II devl of football facility to 30-33K seats." Smacked you all dead in the face and slapped that muzzle over your unbelieving selves huh? :D

Guy you cannot explain shit to me :D . We know what OUR destination is, which doesn't include jsu in its future lol. And I seriously didn't know that SU was spelled "PVAMU." lol Wrong school bud.

Some of your alums had a problem comprehending great english until Fi posted those differing phases of development and lo' and behold, it was right there---> "Phase II devl of football facility to 30-33K seats." Smacked you all dead in the face and slapped that muzzle over your unbelieving selves huh? :D

Dude, I didn't see what Fiyah posted but I don't care either. You got what you need... a cute little stadium. get used to it...

Back