Louisiana High School Football 2015

Jax

Chief Trolling offICEr
(Disclaimer: this is everything La High school football related Feel free to discuss and post articles from North LA, CENLA, SW LA and SE LA.)

One-stop shop: Contenders, top games, predictions, schedules, more for 2015 Baton Rouge-area high school football season:

Louisiana high school football is back, y'all.

To get you ready to follow your favorite (and least favorite) Baton Rouge-area teams, here's a rundown of The Advocate's preview content, including top contenders and games, projected starting lineups, schedules, feature stories, predictions and more.

Everything you need to know in one place:

http://theadvocate.com/sports/preps/13261666-128/one-stop-shop-contenders-top-games

I'm wondering if Haynesville will do a THREEpeat this year. The only high in Louisiana with more state championships is John Curtis. Haynesville has 17.

I'm wondering if Haynesville will do a THREEpeat this year. The only high in Louisiana with more state championships is John Curtis. Haynesville has 17.

Haynesville always kept a good squad. They just might be back in the dome in December.

Haynesville always kept a good squad. They just might be back in the dome in December.

Bruh I told their head coach that if they played a team that could do the following Haynesville would not be a factor:

1. PASS!!!! - Haynesville runs the ball and Coach Franklin nor his father loved passing.
2. Defensive Backs that blitz

He bust out laughing and said you damn right.

The other issue with Haynesville is that the junior high practices with the high school and they have their games on Tuesday so that they can suit up on Friday with High School. I thought that was illegal on some level. That's why they are so damn good. Hell my lady's son is in the 7th grade and plays defensive end. His cousin "Big Toxie"...shit that dude is in 9th grade and has 2 championship rings. LOL I'll find a picture of Big Toxie.

Jax this is Big Toxie

1701840_31034bc8c3b441edae2b71364be2979b.jpg

@Jax

Man! All I'm going to say is I'm glad we don't play Haynesville this year. LOL!! Seriously, just a Freshman????

The funny thing is Big Toxie is big ole giggly teddy bear in person but on the field....dude turns in to the fucking devil man!!! He said he wants to paint his face similar to comache war parties this fall.

The funny thing is Big Toxie is big ole giggly teddy bear in person but on the field....dude turns in to the fucking devil man!!! He said he wants to paint his face similar to comache war parties this fall.

He looks like he's about 6'3" about 300...and just a freshman. Reminds me of one of my son's teammates who's 6'5" 320 and just a Sophomore.

So why hasn't Haynesville Been challenging themselves vs out of state opponents? Just curious.

Good question. With the teams they field year after year, I would be looking to play teams in Arkansas(which isn't that far from them) Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, for starters.

Case and point, Su Lab is playing IMG Academy out of Brandenton FL, on 10/9. I think it's being broadcasted on ESPNU or one of those Florida Sports networks.

Good question. With the teams they field year after year, I would be looking to play teams in Arkansas(which isn't that far from them) Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, for starters.

Case and point, Su Lab is playing IMG Academy out of Brandenton FL, on 10/9. I think it's being broadcasted on ESPNU or one of those Florida Sports networks.

Okay. Because Madison Central in Mississippi has been playing West Monroe the last 4-5 years and Wayne County will be playing Archbishop Rummel.

Like I said poor school....They try and play larger local school because they really want the parents to attend the games. Extremely family oriented. There are only two public high schools in Claiborne Parish...Homer, Haynesville, and Summerfield....Homer and Haynesville are single A and Summerfield is Class C.

What upsets me is that these kids get brainwashed that going to GSU, SU, or any HBCU is beneath them. So if they don't get recruited by an FBS school they don't go. They end up working in the oil fields, dealing dope, or just walking around talking about high school championships they won when they were in high school. It's really depressing. They have guys that currently play for Hawaii, Arkansas, LSU, Arizona, La. Tech.

I speak to them yearly on not making mistakes and about my time being locked up and where I am now to motivate them. Yet, some still fall by the wayside. It's a very depressed area.

Makes sense. I totally understand. But looks like a great program and very consistent at winning.

It is...the junior high team cleans up the locker room and found over 6000 letters sent from colleges around the country to players. The kid from Hawaii wanted to transfer because his parents have only seen him play once. He is a sophomore in Early Childhood Education and has 2 more years to graduate. I had him set up at GSU but after talking to him I felt it would be best for him to finish up at Hawaii.

The kid at LSU was red shirted last season and will play this year. The two at Arkansas and La Tech will be red shirted as well.

Like I said poor school....They try and play larger local school because they really want the parents to attend the games. Extremely family oriented. There are only two public high schools in Claiborne Parish...Homer, Haynesville, and Summerfield....Homer and Haynesville are single A and Summerfield is Class C.

What upsets me is that these kids get brainwashed that going to GSU, SU, or any HBCU is beneath them. So if they don't get recruited by an FBS school they don't go. They end up working in the oil fields, dealing dope, or just walking around talking about high school championships they won when they were in high school. It's really depressing. They have guys that currently play for Hawaii, Arkansas, LSU, Arizona, La. Tech.

I speak to them yearly on not making mistakes and about my time being locked up and where I am now to motivate them. Yet, some still fall by the wayside. It's a very depressed area.

Good deal Square.

It is...the junior high team cleans up the locker room and found over 6000 letters sent from colleges around the country to players. The kid from Hawaii wanted to transfer because his parents have only seen him play once. He is a sophomore in Early Childhood Education and has 2 more years to graduate. I had him set up at GSU but after talking to him I felt it would be best for him to finish up at Hawaii.

The kid at LSU was red shirted last season and will play this year. The two at Arkansas and La Tech will be red shirted as well.

That's pretty damn good considering that its not a large school and the limitations. I wish we could get more of these kids from these winning programs that understands what it takes to win.

Good deal Square.

Thanks....that's actually how I met my lady. I spoke at the Claiborne Parish NAACP Banquet.

That's pretty damn good considering that its not a large school and the limitations. I wish we could get more of these kids from these winning programs that understands what it takes to win.

Yes SU and Alcorn I know recruits there. I haven't seen JSU yet. Every kid up there aspires to play pro but has no other plan. My lady's son wants to play pro but also wants to be an officer in the Marine Corp. I know this is the sports board but one thing have to do as adults is teach our young athletes to have a suitable backup plan. So many of them want nothing but to play on Sunday and prepare for nothing else.

Football Jamboree Schedule 2015, Greater BR Area:

Thursday

LeBlanc Food Stores Jamboree

At Dutchtown High

Denham Springs vs. Dutchtown, 8 p.m.

JV teams play first

Format: two 12-minute halves for varsity

Port Allen/Placid Refining Jamboree

At PAHS’ Otwell Stadium

Central JV at Port Allen JV, 6:30 p.m.

Central vs. Port Allen

St. James Jamboree

At St. James Stadium

Donaldsonville JV vs. St. James JV, 6 p.m.

Donaldsonville vs. St. James

Format: two 15-minute halves for varsity.

Friday

Ascension Catholic Jamboree

At Boutte Stadium, Donaldsonville

Houma Christian vs. Ascension Catholic JV, 6 p.m.

Houma Christian vs. ACHS

Format: two 12-minute halves for varsity.

Catholic-Pointe Coupee Jamboree

At NRG Field at Community Park-New Roads

False River Academy vs. St. John, 6:30 p.m.

Christian Life vs. Catholic-PC

Format: two 12-minute halves

East Baton Rouge Kickoff Classic

At Scotlandville, 6:30 p.m.

Tara vs. Northeast

Scotlandville vs. Glen Oaks

At Woodlawn, 6:30 p.m.

Baker vs. Friendship Capitol

Southern Lab vs. Woodlawn

At Broadmoor, 6:30 p.m.

Belaire vs. Madison Prep

McKinley vs. East Feliciana

Broadmoor vs. Mentorship Academy

LeBlanc Food Store Jamboree

At Spartan Stadium-Gonzales Primary School

St. Amant at East Ascension, 5 p.m.

Freshman, JV and varsity games planned

Mears Sand & Gravel Jamboree

At Live Oak High

East Iberville vs. Varnado, 5 p.m.

Albany vs. Pine, 6:20 p.m.

Live Oak vs. Fontainebleau, 7:40 p.m.

Plaquemine Jamboree

At Plaquemine’s Canova Stadium

Plaquemine vs. White Castle, 7 p.m.

JV game to follow

St. Michael Jamboree

At Leadership’s Doug Williams Stadium

Catholic JV vs. St. Michael the Archangel JV, 6 p.m.

Catholic vs. St. Michael

South Baton Rouge Jamboree

At Parkview Baptist

Parkview JV vs. Episcopal, 6 p.m.

Parkview vs. Episcopal

Parkview vs. Dunham

Parkview JV vs. Dunham

Format: each game is a 12-minute period.

University Jamboree

At University High

Livonia at University JV, 6 p.m.

Livonia at University, 7:05 p.m.

Walker Jamboree

At Walker High

Walker vs. KIPP Renaissance, 7 p.m.

Format: two 15-minute halves.

Complete Collision Zachary Jamboree

At Zachary’s Bronco Stadium

Zachary JV vs. West Feliciana JV, 6:30 p.m.

Zachary vs. West Feliciana, 8:05 p.m.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/preps/13284382-128/football-jamborees-schedule

What you're doing is truly outstanding. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help with the young men.

However, what you said about what they do after high school is all too familiar and heartbreaking.

Back