Louisiana High School Football 2015

You saw the news about Mentorship? (Baker's homecoming opponent) Looks like we are going to have to move homecoming to the U-High or Parkview game now.

Yea I saw that. From what I read Mentorship is supposed to apply for reinstatement by the LHSAA.

Also, Baker has NEVER lost to Capitol. We lost 8-6 Friday.

Last edited:

Ferriday looks tough this year. Vidalia is still a question mark in my eyes.

Ferriday has 2 tall receivers. One 6'6 and the other 6'7 respectively. One runs like a deer. Their QB is 6'2 and can run and pass. Their RB is 5'2, but runs like grease lightening and strong as a bull. An he's shifty like sand in a hour glass.

I think those WRs belongs in college. Their OL isn't nothing to turn your nose up at either. They have 200lbs+ OL pulling on trap and kick out plays knocking jokers jock straps off. That old "Junkyard Dog" mentality seems to be back with this bunch. Imma have to go and watch them when they play Natchez High.

Last edited:
Yea I saw that. From what I read Mentorship is supposed to apply for reinstatement by the LHSAA.

Also, Baker has NEVER lost to Capitol. We lost 8-6 Friday.
Yeap, but it was just a jamboree, I'm sure in a full-length game we would have pulled it off. It does make you wonder how much of a chance we stand now considering the struggles of the offense.

You watching IMG in ESPNU right now? They're beating Miramar 38-0 at the half man Lab gonna have to be ready man.

Nah I missed that game. I will probably catch the replay. But yea, we got our hands full with IMG.

Yeap, but it was just a jamboree, I'm sure in a full-length game we would have pulled it off. It does make you wonder how much of a chance we stand now considering the struggles of the offense.

True. We don't have the size up front to play smash mouth football. We do have the speed to spread the field out. But that's the same way Capitol is. Yea, this is the jamboree. Oliver needs to work on the run game. Aint no way we were supposed to lose to Capitol.

Last edited:
Ferriday looks tough this year. Vidalia is still a question mark in my eyes.

Ferriday has 2 tall receivers. One 6'6 and the other 6'7 respectively. One runs like a deer. Their QB is 6'2 and can run and pass. Their RB is 5'2, but runs like grease lightening and strong as a bull. An he's shifty like sand in a hour glass.

I think those WRs belongs in college. Their OL isn't nothing to turn your nose up at either. They have 200lbs+ OL pulling on trap and kick out plays knocking jokers jock straps off. That old "Junkyard Dog" mentality seems to be back with this bunch. Imma have to go and watch them when they play Natchez High.

That's how Donaldsonville was last year with regards to the WR's. How does their (Ferriday) defense look?

That's how Donaldsonville was last year with regards to the WR's. How does their (Ferriday) defense look?
They're quick and strong. The 6'6 WR is playing DE and he's busting through the line like a wild bull. #11 is the 6'6 WR and #1 is the 6'7 WR.

Pardon The Interruption.....but are the "private" schools playing in separate playoff divisions? I saw where Evangel is in district 1-5A this year, no more 2A or 3A. John Curtis is also in 5A this year with a bunch of private schools.

Pardon The Interruption.....but are the "private" schools playing in separate playoff divisions? I saw where Evangel is in district 1-5A this year, no more 2A or 3A. John Curtis is also in 5A this year with a bunch of private schools.
Yes they're still doing the Select and Non-Select divisions for the playoffs.

Pardon The Interruption.....but are the "private" schools playing in separate playoff divisions? [/B] I saw where Evangel is in district 1-5A this year, no more 2A or 3A. John Curtis is also in 5A this year with a bunch of private schools.

Yes. Division I-IV

They're quick and strong. The 6'6 WR is playing DE and he's busting through the line like a wild bull. #11 is the 6'6 WR and #1 is the 6'7 WR.

Dang! From reading this, Ferriday should be able to make some serious noise this year.

Uhigh vs Rummel

Scotlandville vs McKinley (shat will be packed as hell) heard the Jukebox will be there

I can't wait to see the Lab play St. Aug...that's shutting the city down Lol

Uhigh vs Rummel

Scotlandville vs McKinley (shat will be packed as hell) heard the Jukebox will be there

I can't wait to see the Lab play St. Aug...that's shutting the city down Lol

Bogalusa is coming into town this Friday. We play them at Glen Oaks Stadium.

SLV and MCK will be a GOOD @$$ game too.

First LSWA prep football rankings

Class 5A

Rec. Pts.
1. Acadiana (9) 0-0 128
2. Rummel (1) 0-0 118
3. John Curtis 0-0 94
4. West Monroe (1) 0-0 93
5. Zachary 0-0 87
6. Brother Martin 0-0 62
7. Parkway 0-0 46
8. Catholic-Baton Rouge 0-0 38
9. Destrehan 0-0 36
10. Barbe 0-0 33

Others receiving votes: Landry-Walker 26, Byrd 19, St. Paul’s 19, Airline 14, Thibodaux 13, Evangel 12, Jesuit 10, Ponchatoula 6, John Ehret 3, Dutchtown 1
———————————

Class 4A

Rec. Pts.
1. Neville (10) 0-0 131
2. Teurlings (1) 0-0 104
3. Franklinton 0-0 94
4. St. Thomas More 0-0 92
5. Warren Easton 0-0 64
6. Livonia 0-0 62
7. Edna Karr 0-0 53
8. LaGrange 0-0 50
9, Plaquemine 0-0 47
10. McDonogh 35 0-0 39

Others receiving votes: Bastrop 34, Crowley 32, North DeSoto 18, Carencro 13, Cecilia 9, Breaux Bridge 7, Minden 6, Rayne 4
———————————

Class 3A

Rec. Pts.
1. University (9) 0-0 125
2. Amite 0-0 101
3. Parkview Baptist 0-0 99
4. Union Parish 0-0 90
5. Patterson (1) 0-0 72
6. North Webster (1) 0-0 68
7. Jennings 0-0 44
8. E.D. White 0-0 43
9. Lutcher 0-0 41
10. St. James 0-0 37
Others receiving votes: De La Salle 27, South Beauregard 25, Church Point 21, Kaplan 18, West Feliciana 17, Peabody 12, St. Louis 12, Winnfield 11, Eunice 1.
———————————

Class 2A

Rec. Pts.
1. Many (4) 0-0 118
2. Calvary Baptist (5) 0-0 115
3. Kinder (1) 0-0 113
4. Sterlington 0-0 84
5. Ouachita Christian 0-0 75
6. Riverside 0-0 65
7. Notre Dame 0-0 63
8. Catholic-New Iberia (1) 0-0 51
9. St. Charles Catholic 0-0 44
10. St. Thomas Aquinas 0-0 43
Others receiving votes: Mangham 32, Madison Prep 18, Pickering 14, Episcopal-BR 8, Opelousas Catholic 7, East Feliciana 5, West St. John 5, Northeast 4, Welsh 2, Loreauville 1, Menard 1
———————————

Class 1A

Rec. Pts.
1. Haynesville (9) 0-0 128
2. Southern Lab 0-0 105
3. Kentwood 0-0 101
4. Vermilion Cath. (1) 0-0 100
5. Hamilton Chr. 0-0 70
6. East Beauregard (1) 0-0 68
7. St. Mary’s-Natchitoches 0-0 60
8. Basile 0-0 52
9. Ascension Episcopal 0-0 46
10. White Castle 0-0 27
Others receiving votes: Central Catholic 23, Covenant 19, St. Edmund 16, Oak Grove 12, Cedar Creek 8, Plain Dealing 7, Lafayette Christian 5, St. Frederick 4, St. Martin’s 1

McKinley, Scotlandville to name their new series after Southern University classic

The Heritage Bowl was a postseason college football bowl game that showcased Southern University several times before its demise after the 1999 season.

Local organizers are using the same name to symbolize the start of a series that matches two inner city Baton Rouge high schools — McKinley and Scotlandville.

The teams have played before. Scotlandville scored early en route to a 19-3 victory over McKinley last fall.

However, the 7 p.m. Friday game at Memorial Stadium is set to be the first for the two schools under the Heritage Bowl umbrella. The event is the brainchild of a group of local ministers.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/13329115-128/mckinley-scotlandville-to-name-their

@The Founder @JAG89 Post stories from North La and Cenla regarding football. Also, when is Peabody's HC? @Journalist anything from the River Parishes, and SE LA?

@STC_60 keep us posted on SW LA.

Sicily Island has football back... the past two seasons we competed as JV and did really well. We had a scrimmage Spring 2014 vs Homer and more than held our own. Had some good kids... only problem is those kids have all graduated and in our first year of varsity, we have 1 senior, 3 juniors, 8 sophomores and the rest 9th, 8th, and 7th graders. I think we have like 25 boys out for the team.

We played in a Jamboree in Centreville, Ms. last week... beat some team from New Orleans 44-0 and lost to Centerville 18-6. Not bad considering we are young and lack numbers. But those who play, will bring it to your azz... typical SI Tigers. Yes, we run the Box but doing it from a Spread most of the time.

I see yall MikeB!!!!!! Brought back that ole box formation!!! Yall was deadly back in the days with that formation. I hated to play yall when yall had ole Spencer and his lil brother running that thang.

Wow, Tara really looked bad tonight against Baker. We won 46-6. I'm not going to get too hyped about the team until after I see them against Northeast and our district opponents.

Back