JSU Any Word on the Next Football Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$369,000 salary cap has been set for head coach salary for a swac school !!!! I've been told that doesn't mean that's the salary !!! It's just that they are willing to pay that much if a particular candidate applies !!!! Damn, this particular school will pay anything to be a winning school !!! Lol
Would have to see it to believe it!!! Must be a hell of a coach!!!

Yeah I hate we didn't give him a chance to be our Head Coach instead of Stump. He is good people too.

Really good people... A class guy in every sense of the word. Not surprised that Fobbs granted him permission (if permission was asked) to speak with JSU about an opening. Fobbs is that type guy and he and Dooley have a very good relationship. Plus, Dooley probably let them know he is interested and will let his agent handle things while he does his job as OC for Grambling. Dooley knows that Grambling wins mean more leverage in negotiations. Plus he's gonna do his best regardless..he's that kind of dude.

Really good people... A class guy in every sense of the word. Not surprised that Fobbs granted him permission (if permission was asked) to speak with JSU about an opening. Fobbs is that type guy and he and Dooley have a very good relationship. Plus, Dooley probably let them know he is interested and will let his agent handle things while he does his job as OC for Grambling. Dooley knows that Grambling wins mean more leverage in negotiations. Plus he's gonna do his best regardless..he's that kind of dude.

Yup Fobbs wants his entire staff to be a head coach some place one day.

LOL This Dooley guy qualifies for sainthood the way y'all talk about him.

Yeah, he is that type of good folks. He relates to the young folks really well. But he aint soft were they can run over him either. He was the reason SU WRs were good throughout the 2000s. Good recruiter. Pete just never let him be the OC because of Orlando. Damn near lost him to SE LA one year as they asked to speak to him for their OC job.

Folks see how he developed the PB offense with a QB who was of an athlete than true QB. But they won. They were explosive on offensive and had balance. That WR from PB that caught that 95 yard TD in the SCG on JSU was a Dooley recruit from New Orleans. True Freshman at that when he did it. He knows the conference. If we got rid of Worm. I would want Dooley to come in. But that's me. I like to see what he could do as Head Coach if nobody else does.

We owe Dooley a lot. He mentored some bad mofos in our history. I had forgotten he was RBs coach before being WR coach and Recruiting Coordinator. We should have promoted him instead of hiring Stump in my opinion. Dude was so loyal he stuck around after we fired Pete and transitioned onto Stump's staff the first year. He was responsible for recruiting Dray Joseph and Lee Doss.

http://www.gojagsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28100&ATCLID=205307087

Folks see how he developed the PB offense with a QB who was of an athlete than true QB. But they won. They were explosive on offensive and had balance. That WR from PB that caught that 95 yard TD in the SCG on JSU was a Dooley recruit from New Orleans. True Freshman at that when he did it. He knows the conference. If we got rid of Worm. I would want Dooley to come in. But that's me. I like to see what he could do as Head Coach if nobody else does.

That wasn't Dooley tho... They were in a 3rd (or was it 4th) and 25 from their own 5.... YET, we were in man coverage and went with an all out blitz... That's was some JSU/Comegy dumbness.

Yeah, he is that type of good folks. He relates to the young folks really well. But he aint soft were they can run over him either. He was the reason SU WRs were good throughout the 2000s. Good recruiter. Pete just never let him be the OC because of Orlando. Damn near lost him to SE LA one year as they asked to speak to him for their OC job.

We owe Dooley a lot. He mentored some bad mofos in our history. I had forgotten he was RBs coach before being WR coach and Recruiting Coordinator. We should have promoted him instead of hiring Stump in my opinion. Dude was so loyal he stuck around after we fired Pete and transitioned onto Stump's staff the first year. He was responsible for recruiting Dray Joseph and Lee Doss.

Well I'm sure he's a candidate so we will see. You never know with JSU searches.

That wasn't Dooley tho... They were in a 3rd (or was it 4th) and 25 from their own 5.... YET, we were in man coverage and went with an all out blitz... That's was some JSU/Comegy dumbness.

No they weren't...

Uapb 2-9 at Uapb05 ANDERSON,B pass complete to YOUNG,W for 95 yards to the JKST0, 1ST DOWN UAPB, TOUCHDOWN, clock 02:00.

STRICKLAND,T kick attempt good.

Jackson State 21, Arkansas-Pine Bluff 21

That's a mistake... I was there... On either 2nd or 3rd down, the QB got sacked. No way it was first down because the play before that was NOT positive. It was at LEAST 3rd. Don't question me.. LOL

Lol. So the SWAC office made a mistake on their official stats? Lol!

Lol. So the SWAC office made a mistake on their official stats? Lol!

umm like the SWAC can't make a mistake! lol I even just went back and watched the highlights. The commentator said it was 2nd and 9 but I don't think that was true either.. Regardless, it was DEF not first. As I recall it, JSU punted, UAPB had two negative plays and then the bomb.

Regardless, I will still take 2nd and 9 but why were we in man coverage?

It was Dooley RECOGNIZING the defense and it was a hella catch by the KID he recruited. So if he OUTSMARTED Comegy. That's a good thing. You always make an excuse for some other coach out coaching your coach. What would have been dumb, would have been Dooley not recognizing what JSU defense was doing and exploiting it. He knew Comegy was going to send a blitz and be man to man. Dooley had that play called in advance. Wasn't like Anderson had to scramble around and just heave the ball falling down and got lucky on some miracle play.

When you blitz, you will be man to man. Every coach worth a salt knows that. You see NFL teams get burned doing that and see NFL teams that blitzes get to the QB in time and he hurries the throw or you have good corners. Wasn't JSU supposed to have All SWAC corners in 2012?

Not a one.. They were some sad azz puppies...

sad about what TP? you using two other teams that don't even acknowledge you as part of the big 3 because you only have 1 scg title just like A&M.

we didn't need to latch on Sotherness and Grambling nuts to put that RUNNING CLOCK on ya'll did we?

you really sound like a 7 yr old with this logic bruh ol

Last edited:
sad about what TP? you using to other teams that don't even acknowledge you as part of the big 3 because you only have 1 scg title just like A&M.

we didn't need to latch on Sotherness and Grambling nuts to put that RUNNING CLOCK on ya'll did we?

you really sound like a 7 yr old with this logic bruh ol

Dude, JSU was a part of 0-12...

It was Dooley RECOGNIZING the defense and it was a hella catch by the KID he recruited. So if he OUTSMARTED Comegy. That's a good thing. You always make an excuse for some other coach out coaching your coach. What would have been dumb, would have been Dooley not recognizing what JSU defense was doing and exploiting it. He knew Comegy was going to send a blitz and be man to man. Dooley had that play called in advance. Wasn't like Anderson had to scramble around and just heave the ball falling down and got lucky on some miracle play.

When you blitz, you will be man to man. Every coach worth a salt knows that. You see NFL teams get burned doing that and see NFL teams that blitzes get to the QB in time and he hurries the throw or you have good corners. Wasn't JSU supposed to have All SWAC corners in 2012?

JR... why even risk that from the 5? I don't care who your corners are... Comegy knew it was dumb. In fact, to this day, he still says we were in a zone... LOL

JR... why even risk that from the 5? I don't care who your corners are... Comegy knew it was dumb. In fact, to this day, he still says we were in a zone... LOL

All I am saying, give Dooley credit for recognizing what Comegy or your DC was doing. We got some OCs and Coaches in the conference that would have run right into the blitz and lost yards. The reason Comegy was doing it, was because he had gotten away with other DUMB OCs not recognizing what or when he was blitzing. You have to recognize man coverage. Tom Brady does it all the time. What Comegy did was not uncommon to do. He rolled the dice like Rex Ryan likes to do and got burned. Just credit Dooley for recognizing the defense and having the play called from the sideline. Credit the young man as a True Freshman beating one of your All SWAC corners.

I admit. That was a horrible call as a coach on that play but he didn't beat our corner. I still have nightmares about the game and remember it vividly. It was #22 our Strong Safety that got beat on that bomb. Pine Bluff made a great Play call and JSU didn't Pine Bluff wasn't able to move the ball the entire game on our base defense but you get them backed up in their own territory and want to do an all out Blitz with your safety left on an Island. Outcoached!!!

Dooley turned down an offer to be offensive coordinator At PV when Frazier came in 2004

That decision Haunted because it took him nearly 10 years to get that same position in the conference
the guy that ended up accepting the position went on to the NFL

not that it even matters lol but TP we did not go 0-12 vs Jsu that's my whole point......

That's like me saying SU & GRAM helped us put THE RUNNING CLOCK on ya'll lol

NO because SU and GSU were not part of the running clock.. JSU was a part of 0-12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back