JSU Any Word on the Next Football Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to hear that it's official Derrick McCall will NOT be the head coach !!!! From what I've heard an AD is to be named right after the thanksgiving break. Also I was told that the new AD is using this time to be brought up to speed on everything. Myers is just waiting on all paperwork to be finalize

I'm glad to hear that it's official Derrick McCall will NOT be the head coach !!!! From what I've heard an AD is to be named right after the thanksgiving break. Also I was told that the new AD is using this time to be brought up to speed on everything. Myers is just waiting on all paperwork to be finalize

Ok....

"To be brought up to speed on everything ", makes me assume it's not the interm AD Wheeler. But we shall see

Drop us a hint!

Man you already know we all know JSU called WS @ 936/281, w/out permission ;) . If $$$$$ drives him and others like that, godspeed.

I can't confirm or deny that anyone has been called but Simmons is a person of interest to some JSU alums. However, I don't think he is willing to listen to JSU right now. He is in a good position right now with decent facilities and a program that is not as demanding as JSU. He certainly has more job security at PV and when you have a family, that's very important.

Reactions: J C
I can't confirm or deny that anyone has been called but Simmons is a person of interest to some JSU alums. However, I don't think he is willing to listen to JSU right now. He is in a good position right now with decent facilities and a program that is not as demanding as JSU. He certainly has more job security at PV and when you have a family, that's very important.

NUPE Dooley does have job security at GSU and a small community with good schools for his kids. I agree the JSU job will be demanding because you all are desperately in need of a championship.

NUPE Dooley does have job security at GSU and a small community with good schools for his kids. I agree the JSU job will be demanding because you all are desperately in need of a championship.

An assistant coach never has job security because he ain't running the show that controls his security. LOL. Plus dude wants to be a Head Coach. You think he wants to stay at Grambling as the OC forever?

Dooley would be a good fit for JSU or TxSU. Don't know if UAPB would be a place he would pick over either of those 2 schools. But hey, stranger things have happened. UAPB fan base is better. But TxSU would offer him Houston and close to LA. JSU would offer him immediate recruiting advantages and he can still easily convince a LA kid to go just up the road from S. LA to Jackson or across the river and down I-20 for North LA kids.

Well, I know one thing. That Guy Dooley has won wherever he stepped foot on campus at. This guy won a SWAC Championship at UAPB. Enough said right there.

Well, I know one thing. That Guy Dooley has won wherever he stepped foot on campus at. This guy won a SWAC Championship at UAPB. Enough said right there.

Yeah I hate we didn't give him a chance to be our Head Coach instead of Stump. He is good people too.

Decent? lmao! Oh. Okay. lmao! *as I observed all those Texas tags on the visitors side of WISD's venue* :D lmao!

Man dude you people are severely a clueless lot.

I don't think any coach can solve JSU's main problem, lack of discipline, w/out gentrifying its football team and its fans - even the band needs to be gentrified because they don't know when to play w/out receiving a 15-yard penalty lol. There was sooooooooooo much occurring on the field of play by JSU - the remedial and elementary jaw-jacking, the late hits, the undisciplined play, et al. Even got a few of our guys caught up in that ghetto remedial bull for a few before coaches reeled them back in (a few didn't play anymore from that point forward). That's not smart or intelligent football, and our team is aware of it. I know why Roy got the hell on quick, fast, and in a hurry after he accepted that position. smh The entire culture is ghetto, imho.

Throw your comments here which substantiates my position----------------------------------> :D

If you're saying the main problem with JSU football is lack of discipline by its players, then yes that can be resolved by the right head coach. You know That's kinda the point of getting a new guy.

Not sure why you threw the band in there except to get your post count up.

Man dude you people are severely a clueless lot.

I don't think any coach can solve JSU's main problem, lack of discipline, w/out gentrifying its football team and its fans - even the band needs to be gentrified because they don't know when to play w/out receiving a 15-yard penalty lol. There was sooooooooooo much occurring on the field of play by JSU - the remedial and elementary jaw-jacking, the late hits, the undisciplined play, et al. Even got a few of our guys caught up in that ghetto remedial bull for a few before coaches reeled them back in (a few didn't play anymore from that point forward). That's not smart or intelligent football, and our team is aware of it. I know why Roy got the hell on quick, fast, and in a hurry after he accepted that position. smh The entire culture is ghetto, imho.

Throw your comments here which substantiates my position----------------------------------> :D

P, JSU would be fine with a coach who instills that. Now it will take a couple of years to rid yourself of your problem children if need be. JSU has always been a bully type of a team. Even during the Gorden and Big Daddy years. They played with big time swagger and would punch in the mouth. So did Coach Rob teams. The problem now is separating that swagger and play smartly. Maybe folks need to take a look at how Navy does things. Recruit smart kids with some pride about themselves coupled with athletic ability and see what happens. You can only have so many gold teeth players as Mighty Dog used to say. LOL. It has to be a balance. The inmates can't run the asylum. Leadership is key. They just need to do their due diligence at JSU on the next hire. You can win there and you can win often at JSU. No reason not to be able to win.Will be interesting to see who they pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back