Is it the SWAC fault a team is not playing in the FCS Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I mentioned playing the MEAC schools as the first game and someone from TxSU asked about what to do about the LDC. No problem, make the MEAC/SWAC contests the 2nd week of the season. With the move to the 7 game mandate, I'd like to see Grambling play more La and Texas schools (Sunbelt or Southland) but mainly to cut travel cost. When I think about it, moving the MEAC game to the second week of the season, frees up Grambling to revisit creating the Port City Classic against other La or Tx schools as a neutral site game during the Labor Day Weekend.

I'm not overly concerned about an FCS playoff bid for Grambling because it really doesn't generate the much needed revenue we need. I am however interested in playing a diverse schedule to prove a point. Anyway, those playoffs are gonna be a moot point (imo). Let this Celebration Bowl draw favorable attendance and TV ratings and watch the rest of FCS scramble for some type of "Bowl" arrangements.

Bama State 2016 and 2017 schedule has been filled.

My question is why is he even participating in this thread when they are not even in playoff discussion like the kid that wants to participate in stuff but mama told him no but he still defies her

Instead of encouraging all he does is add negativity but none of us has said anything to him

Weird :rolleyes:

My question is why is he even participating in this thread when they are not even in playoff discussion like the kid that wants to participate in stuff but mama told him no but he still defies her

Instead of encouraging all he does is add negativity but none of us has said anything to him

Weird :rolleyes:

Right. Jealousy...

Your school would be doing the same thing if they were in our position but they're not and won't be for AWHILE!

No that's where your wrong. Southern made the decision not to participate long before the swac came to that conclusion during the years that we would have been eligible to.

You can verify that with any old head GSU/JSU alum.

Nobody does that but you guys. ASU/AMMU both have been in this position and have gotten left out because either JSU or one of them had bump the other in a two or three way tie.

You haven't once seen or heard of either school begging to get a spot in the playoffs while the other headed to the SCG.

Someone described it best in another thread. When the swac didn't kick ya'll out for losing 80 games in a row and not playing with scholarships.

It did ya'll more harm then good. From there on out ya'll were accustom to people just letting you slide and not being held accountable. Like a bunch of welfare kids out of the projects.

So it's has become second nature to you to ask for an exception when you really don't deserve it.

Last edited:
Right. Jealousy...

FB_IMG_1447080101996_zpsxshzx1yx.jpg

No that's where your wrong. Southern made the decision not to participate long before the swac came to that conclusion during the years that we would have been eligible to.

Nobody does that but you guys. ASU/AMMU both have been in this position and have gotten left out because either JSU or one of them had bump the other in a two or three way tie.

You haven't once seen or heard of either school begging to get a spot in the playoffs while the other headed to the SCG.

Someone described it best in another thread. When the swac didn't kick ya'll out for losing 80 games in a row and not playing with scholarships.

It did ya'll more harm then good. From there on out ya'll were accustom to people just letting you slide and not being held accountable. Like a bunch of welfare kids out of the projects.

So it's has become second nature to you to ask for an exception when you really don't deserve it.

65052107.jpg

Hey @bluedog ... You can talk about this all day long. At this point everyone is well aware we didn't get in. You've spent the most time is this thread arguing every PV person's post like you're the damn NCAA Commitee chairperson himself...
barack-obama-deal-with-it-on-the-phone-meme.jpg

Yeah this it bruh everybody is jealous of Prairie View.

The welfare queens of the swac.

We just can't wait to get where ya'll at.

So it's has become second nature to you to ask for an exception when you really don't deserve it

LOL... This though..

So basically what you're saying is that after YOU address me at least half a dozen times on the subject and others another half a dozen times.

You didn't know that you were going to get a reply.

I don't even know how to address that level of stupidity. Seriously. ...I got nothing.

This is sad.

Why is there even a damn discussion about the playoffs? PV scheduled U of F and lost to Grambling. Those two things killed your chance. No one else was up for consideration, which is why PV is the subject. To me, BCU should be the discussion, not ANYONE in the SWAC, period.

again....maybe comprehension is not taught......ill do it in all caps....TO GET IN THE FCS DISCUSSION YOU WILL NEED TO BE OUT OF THE SCG RACE WEEKS EARLIER....THAT MEANS YOU HAVE A SWAC LOSS AND IF THE COMMITTEE BASICALLY SAYS STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE MATTERS ALONG WITH WHAT YOUR CONFERENCE MATES DO, YOU'LL NEVER GET IN AS YOU HAVE A SWAC LOSS

again....maybe comprehension is not taught......ill do it in all caps....TO GET IN THE FCS DISCUSSION YOU WILL NEED TO BE OUT OF THE SCG RACE WEEKS EARLIER....THAT MEANS YOU HAVE A SWAC LOSS AND IF THE COMMITTEE BASICALLY SAYS STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE MATTERS ALONG WITH WHAT YOUR CONFERENCE MATES DO, YOU'LL NEVER GET IN AS YOU HAVE A SWAC LOSS
You can get away with losing to the higher-rated teams like Grambling, Southern, or Alcorn just as long as you took care of business in the OOC schedule. If PV played and beat McNeese State and Coastal Carolina, but dropped a conference game to Grambling or Southern, I do think they would still get an at-large bid. The key is how you perform in the OOC schedule.

There you go again... We're not asking you to believe. We don't need you to believe. You don't validate or invalidate anyone. What are you missing?
This is sad.

Why is there even a damn discussion about the playoffs? PV scheduled U of F and lost to Grambling. Those two things killed your chance. No one else was up for consideration, which is why PV is the subject. To me, BCU should be the discussion, not ANYONE in the SWAC, period.

Because the project babies are looking for a handout again.

The welfare queens of the swac.

The unmitigated gall of someone from Southern of all places posting this...LOL

"I've been told we're not going to accept the invitation so I don't know how that will play out," said Pugh, drawing a look of surprise from senior guard Hannah Kador. "I'd like to go but finances are what they are, so we'll see."

The Southern University Board of Supervisors declared a financial emergency on the main campus Friday after months of debating the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back