Is it the SWAC fault a team is not playing in the FCS Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swac4life

Is it the SWAC's fault for scheduling games on November 28th when the FCS Playoffs start? I say yes it is and it's a disgrace PV did not get in because they may be playing the best football of any HBCU right now. Just look back that the open dates during the season.

No, I don't think it's the Swac's fault.

I think the leaders of the Swac and Meac need to make sure that the FCS Selection committee know that their champions are not available but there are other schools that could deserve a at-large bid are.

As they posted that the Swac, Meac & Ivy Leagues don't participate. Our champions are not available but everyone else that don't play on thanksgiving weekend are.

With those other conferences getting teams to pull upsets of FBS teams, they are getting more coverage than we are. That's what the committee see's. No way a 6-5 team should get in before PV or B-CU.

From another thread:

MEAC

1. North Carolina A&T
2. Bethune-Cookman
3. North Carolina Central
4. South Carolina State
5. Hampton
6. Morgan State
7. Norfolk State
8. Savannah State
9. Delaware State
10. Florida A&M
11. Howard

SWAC

1. GSU
2. ALCORN
3. PV
4. SU
5. BAMA STATE
6. JACKSON STATE
7. AAMU
8. TXSU
9. UAPB
10. MSVU

The SWAC-MEAC Challenge should be Conference Wide... Pair the teams the first week of the season based on previous years finish. One year the SWAC Teams host and the next season the MEAC Teams host the games. The gate proceeds are "pooled" and divided equally among conference members. The host team keeps it's concessions and parking.

With those other conferences getting teams to pull upsets of FBS teams, they are getting more coverage than we are. That's what the committee see's. No way a 6-5 team should get in before PV or B-CU.

BCU did the same thing last year and still got snubbed.

But then someone wanted to bring up Texas State blowing out PV should be held against them when most ranked FCS schools get dragged against decent to ranked FBS schools (see Charleston Southern getting dragged by Alabama) but it's not held against them.

To answer the question of the thread... no. The FCS is just showing their obvious bias by all the 7-4 teams that got in this year. BCU was available with a 9-2 record but got snubbed. That means that they have little to no respect for MEAC football and use the Celebration Bowl getting their champ as an excuse to hold against the MEAC (and SWAC).

From another thread:

MEAC

1. North Carolina A&T
2. Bethune-Cookman
3. North Carolina Central
4. South Carolina State
5. Hampton
6. Morgan State
7. Norfolk State
8. Savannah State
9. Delaware State
10. Florida A&M
11. Howard

SWAC

1. GSU
2. ALCORN
3. PV
4. SU
5. BAMA STATE
6. JACKSON STATE
7. AAMU
8. TXSU
9. UAPB
10. MSVU

The SWAC-MEAC Challenge should be Conference Wide... Pair the teams the first week of the season based on previous years finish. One year the SWAC Teams host and the next season the MEAC Teams host the games. The gate proceeds are "pooled" and divided equally among conference members. The host team keeps it's concessions and parking.

Though I clicked like, what do you do with teams like sTu who have the LDC?

No, I don't think it's the Swac's fault.

I think the leaders of the Swac and Meac need to make sure that the FCS Selection committee know that their champions are not available but there are other schools that could deserve a at-large bid are.

As they posted that the Swac, Meac & Ivy Leagues don't participate. Our champions are not available but everyone else that don't play on thanksgiving weekend are.

That's kinda difficult to do without conference representation on the FCS Committee.

We need to just set up our HBCU playoff ASAP.

I made a similar suggestion a while back. I suggested that the teams get seeded from the previous year and play that conference's opposite seed with the same record. If 10-1 Grambling host AT&T this year then the following year Grambling would have to do a road game whether they won the SWAC or not

With the 7 game format coming back, this would be easier to pull off for the SWAC now. Dedicate the 1st and/or 2nd week to doing it. Get some sponsors and promote it hard

BCU did the same thing last year and still got snubbed.

But then someone wanted to bring up Texas State blowing out PV should be held against them when most ranked FCS schools get dragged against decent to ranked FBS schools (see Charleston Southern getting dragged by Alabama) but it's not held against them.

To answer the question of the thread... no. The FCS is just showing their obvious bias by all the 7-4 teams that got in this year. BCU was available with a 9-2 record but got snubbed. That means that they have little to no respect for MEAC football and use the Celebration Bowl getting their champ as an excuse to hold against the MEAC (and SWAC).

Texas State is bad FBS team, they're not Bama.

So having to play the conference schedule isn't good enough for you?
Since that was 9 of the games played.

But that's not the question of this thread,

Here's something you can't handle. The truth.

No! ! It's not when your conference is ranked 31st out of 33 conferences and your team isn't even ranked.

And the conference didn't schedule faith college or a club team. So stop lying.

Here's something you can't handle. The truth.

No! ! It's not when your conference is ranked 31st out of 33 conferences and your team isn't even ranked.

And the conference didn't schedule faith college or a club team. So stop lying.

They did schedule su though...

TROLL BEGONE
trollspray.jpg

Bluedog,

Let Me Make This Clear: Southern University don't run jack shit in the SWAC Anymore. NOBODY runs anything in the SWAC. This is a 10-Member Conference.

This Big 3 "Mentality" you got...Flush it down the Toilet.

I'm a pushing for ANY SWAC team to get an FCS bid. There is no more a if 3 in the SWAC. Get Over It.

The FCS playoff committee does not respect HBCU football. So having a strong non-conference schedule, and winning those games, would help.

But how do you do that with 9 conference games in an 11-game season? If a SWAC loses "closely" to two FBS teams on their schedule but go undefeated in conference they're headed to the SWAC Championship.

But how do you do that with 9 conference games in an 11-game season? If a SWAC loses "closely" to two FBS teams on their schedule but go undefeated in conference they're headed to the SWAC Championship.

They didn't seem to have a problem doing it the year ya'll schedule Sam Houston

That should tell us this is what they think of HBCU Football. It has no respect and until we can overall improve and win a playoff game, we will continue to be disrespected. Bethune-Cookman was 9-2 and they did not get in as well.

That should tell us this is what they think of HBCU Football. It has no respect and until we can overall improve and win a playoff game, we will continue to be disrespected. Bethune-Cookman was 9-2 and they did not get in as well.

Are you freaking kidding? They upset a pair of fbs schools and you think BCC 9-2 trumps that?

Jesus freaking Christ dude are you serious?

Last edited:

Hey lookie what I found.

Date Opponent Score Record Duration Attendance
9/1/2012 vs Texas Southern L 44-41 0-1 , 0-1 3:30 22516
9/8/2012 at Lamar University L 0-31 0-2 2:46 15367
9/15/2012 at Alabama A&M Bulldogs L 30-42 0-3 , 0-2 2:57 5325
9/22/2012 at North Dakota State L 7-66 0-4 2:51 18623
9/29/2012 at Jackson State L 13-34 0-5 , 0-3 2:54 6566
10/6/2012 at Grambling State W 14-31 1-5 , 1-3 3:22 33123
10/20/2012 vs Alcorn State W 52-37 2-5 , 2-3 3:14 12000
10/27/2012 vs Southern U. W 49-29 3-5 , 3-3 3:15 12223
11/3/2012 vs Alabama State L 35-21 3-6 , 3-4 4:43 2348
11/10/2012 at Mississippi Valley L 20-22 3-7 , 3-5 2:55 2059
11/17/2012 at Arkansas-Pine Bluff L 41-42 3-8 2:53 pm 3088

http://pvpanthers.com//cumestats.aspx?path=football&year=2012

Looks like a pretty darn good schedule to me. But guess what? You didn't perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back