Is it the SWAC fault a team is not playing in the FCS Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

They spend more on travel for their women soccer team.

They really wanted to join the SWAC real bad

I have "officially" requested that information from the NCAA this morning. I tried to looking for it on the web, but couldn't come up with anything. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

So there is a rep from every conference except Ivy, SWAC and MEAC.

All of the autobid conferences.....

But you know damn well the ND State's of the world aint coming to Baton Rouge , Jackson or Grambling or any of our HBCUs to play a game. The only way you get them to do that is go there and beat the isht out of them on their turf. Make them mad enough to want to return the favor. If they don't. You can always say you have scoreboard.

But didn't South Dakota St come to Baton Rouge some years ago?

The problem with that argument Kenn is that they didn't make the SWAC go to a nine game mandate and that this has always been their way of doing things. Even before the nine game mandate.

So to argue that they know what the schedule is before hand isn't really a valid point against them. Especially when before the mandate we consistently got at large bids when we qualified for one .

The real gripe IMO which everyone keep over looking. Is questioning why they moved the games back when in the early years you had teams going after thanksgiving.

They once used the excuse about being concern with students missing class or not being able to go home for the holidays. But then mother nature force them into showing that wasn't really the case.

Now with the FBS having so many bowl games along with the playoffs going into the holidays. They can't use that argument anymore.

Exactly!

You think FCS committee gives a fugg if any SWAC team scores a 100 on other SWAC teams? Or even MEAC teams?

Score that 100 on Sam Houston State, McNeese, North Dakota State, Western Illinois etc and maybe that will get their attention. Why everyone fussing at each other in here. Them WHITE MOFOS have said their peace. YOU AINT WORTHY of THEIR PLAYOFFS.

Well guess what. If you want to be in their playoffs. Either petition to move to a PLAYOFF BID conference or make sure no matter what that you play 2 FCS powers on their TURF and go WHOOP their arse. Putting a 100 on other SWAC schools means nothing to them. Absolutely nothing. That's like a non power 5 conference school putting a 100 on each of their conference opponents and still don't get picked over the champs from each of the P5 conferences plus Notre Dame for the bowl playoffs. Perfect example. U of H could have molly whopped folks by 50 and still got left out. Losing to UConn just confirmed they were not worthy in the minds of the big boy committee. Well it is the same mindset in FCS. SWAC and MEAC schools are not deemed to be worthy of playing with them FCS playoff schools. You can't change their minds by whooping people in your conference or playing D2 teams and beating them to submission.

Even when the status QUO schools were whooping ass (Grambling still is this year) You see we aint getting ranked like talking about. So again they don't care WHAT SWAC schools whoops ass. They think we sorry and this goes back to when the STATUS QUO schools were going to the playoffs. Namely JSU because SU and Gram could not go. Everytime we have sent a SWAC school including ALCORN with MCNAIR we have lost. Every time we have played them INCLUDING SU. We have not been successful. Gram and SU both lost to McNeese State. During the Pete years we split with NW LA State and sometimes they were ranked which helped us get our highest FCS-1AA ranking in the 90s.

See all you want to do is play other BLACK schools then be pissed off when we don't get an invite at large to the WHITE boy party. See how dumb you wanting to play HOWARD and other MEAC schools OOC? Now you see what they think about you. This has nothing to do with the BIG 3. Hell Gram and SU could go undefeated and we don't care about the PLAYOFFS. Coach Rob said that a long time ago. He was right. JSU has gone to the playoffs many times. So they aint jealous of anyone else going. So your rhetoric makes no damn sense. No one is hating on PV or Alcorn. It is called telling the TRUTH and you refuse to understand that the FCS don't give a fugg about 3 conferences. The SWAC, The MEAC and the IVY league. Them smart Ivy league mofos aint stupid enough to get pimped. And they have good teams every year. Harvard and Dartmouth are both 9-1. They probably could WIN a game in the playoffs. They don't go they say because of academic reasons yet their basketball teams go to March Madness that takes students away from campus more than a football playoff would. So you know it is about MONEY. Wake up dude and stop sucking on PV's johnson. It could have been any of us with that record and STILL BEEN SNUBBED. If Gram was eligible, they would be snubbed too. So would SU if we were 9-2. So would JSU.

What he said!

I mentioned playing the MEAC schools as the first game and someone from TxSU asked about what to do about the LDC. No problem, make the MEAC/SWAC contests the 2nd week of the season. With the move to the 7 game mandate, I'd like to see Grambling play more La and Texas schools (Sunbelt or Southland) but mainly to cut travel cost. When I think about it, moving the MEAC game to the second week of the season, frees up Grambling to revisit creating the Port City Classic against other La or Tx schools as a neutral site game during the Labor Day Weekend.

I'm not overly concerned about an FCS playoff bid for Grambling because it really doesn't generate the much needed revenue we need. I am however interested in playing a diverse schedule to prove a point. Anyway, those playoffs are gonna be a moot point (imo). Let this Celebration Bowl draw favorable attendance and TV ratings and watch the rest of FCS scramble for some type of "Bowl" arrangements.

To get into fcs consideration that means a Swac loss and your eliminated from the scg

You think that will boost your resume even with good non conference wins when they already think negatively about the conference?

^^^ This is what I've been trying to explain to people...

I don't believe for one minute ya'll actually think that way. If so then why this long drawn campaign to beg for a spot in the playoffs?

That makes the campaign even sadder and more ridiculous then it already is.

No that's just an excuse for not accepting the fact that PV schedule poorly this year.

There you go again... We're not asking you to believe. We don't need you to believe. You don't validate or invalidate anyone. What are you missing?

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I'll give you the University of Faith game. Outside of that, how did we schedule poorly? Please explain.

THAT was poor enough. You only had TWO games to schedule and you found University of Faith. smh

I have been saying this to the SWAC for years! I have been saying that the OOC games are more important now than ever but NOOOOOOOO everyone kept telling the lie that we don't go to the playoffs so it didn't matter who we played.

This is why I am so afraid of the 7 game format. These ADs are clueless when it comes to scheduling.

All of the autobid conferences.....

But didn't South Dakota St come to Baton Rouge some years ago?

SD State was in transition from D2 to FCS. So they had no choice but to find as many FCS schools to play them in that transition year. I bet you can't get them to do that again.

^^^ This is what I've been trying to explain to people...

That's not hard to overcome. The thing you also need is consistency. I think when the season began, there were NO HBCUs ranked. If PV is for real, maybe they can get some votes in week one and by the end, maybe they can be a consistent top 25 team. ... unless you regress of course. I know the polls don't factor much but I find it hard to believe that the committee would overlook a top 20 team so starting high in the rankings will help.. and hopefully your schedule next year is decent.

THAT was poor enough. You only had TWO games to schedule and you found University of Faith. smh

I have been saying this to the SWAC for years! I have been saying that the OOC games are more important now than ever but NOOOOOOOO everyone kept telling the lie that we don't go to the playoffs so it didn't matter who we played.

This is why I am so afraid of the 7 game format. These ADs are clueless when it comes to scheduling.

Don't forget about the high school team they schedule

To get into fcs consideration that means a Swac loss and your eliminated from the scg

You think that will boost your resume even with good non conference wins when they already think negatively about the conference?

We agree on this TBF. They already don't care about the SWAC. But you still have to schedule better to even have a legit argument. Right now, PV don't have one. That's not picking on PV or saying the team wasn't good. But our schools can't play those damn near club teams. Just can't. I was mad when we did it and the playoffs were not even a factor. Just don't need to play those kind of teams. But we had a lazy AD then and a Head Coach who was trying to get easy wins.

So nothing you can do outside of scrapping everything and ending the season last weekend and hope your conference champ gets a invite. Which would have been Grambling this year. But even they would have been scrutinized for the schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back