I Predict PV as the Most Improved SWAC Football Team in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can be good if you take the history back far enough. If you go back far enough in history you can find the part in history where Black dominated and we weren't slaves. PV wasn't dominated by Southern before we had all that corruption in the athletic department. PV kicked butt in ancient history, but nobody cares about that now, just like nobody is talking about the days of SU dominating PV when it didn't have any scholarship players, how is that something to be proud of? So if you want to look at OVERALL history for real, it isn't that lopsided, of course you want to count the years when PV barely fielded a team, how lame. You want to discount and minimize any progress PV makes to make yourself feel better, but how does that make your team good? To me you should want your opponent to be good so beating them will be special. You claim the SWAC was the sorriest conference ever because PV won in 2009, that is the most lame comeback ever. PV had one of the most accurate QBs in the SWAC that year and a decent defense, we just won the SWAC because we beat our SWAC opponents, we would have beat NMSU that year also if they hadn't cheated and called back 2 or 3 TDs. KJ Black was a really good QB, but that last injury he got came at the worst time or else he would have played at the next level. SU made to the SCG last year because they beat everyone in the West not because everyone was so sorry, so it is what it is. Whether he makes the 53 man roster or not I credit coach KJ Black in helping Lovelocke get to the Baltimore Ravens. I want everyone in the conference to be good so that each game is suspense filled, it kills me how people from certain schools want everyone to be sorry but them, but where is the fun in that? Personally I want high level competition across the board myself, win or lose I want to see good games week to week.
First off overall head to head against Southern it is very lopsided its almost a thirty game gap. I do want our conference to b good yall just have things to accomplish before u can stick your chest out. When u think about PV people still across the globe thinks of "A sorry program" when u think about Southern, Grambling,and Jackson State u think of winners! Prairie View is not among those schools u worry about. Yea PV was good back in the day i know my history. But there losing has out weighed there winning ( now thats lopsided). I see PV has made changes but like i said u have a mountain to climb before u can talk to Southern. Until yall can get to the mountain top i dont want to here about know recent history. I want to know your overall GPA! Thats whats going to get u into our schools team level.

If it wouldn't have been for Northern falling in love with his alma mater's fight song in 2013 (wanting to hear it over and over) we would have had 6 of the last 7 against Southern. Don't act like yall are just dominating us.

Let them tell it and that's what it is.......

All they had was Lovelocke, Babers, and one receiver. We was one play away from beating them that season. Stewart fumbled the ball on a scoring drive and they won. Smh

Ummm last time I checked, fumbles are a part of football. A fumble is what cost us the game against sTu which sent our whole first half of the season last year the wrong direction you don't see us whining about that fumble because it is what it is. Bottom line is you just want PV to be sorry to make yourself feel better, it would be cool if we had people on this board that actually like talking football strategies and win or lose give people a hard time or their props based on the games outcomes smh

Ummm last time I checked, fumbles are a part of football. A fumble is what cost us the game against sTu which sent our whole first half of the season last year the wrong direction you don't see us whining about that fumble because it is what it is. Bottom line is you just want PV to be sorry to make yourself feel better, it would be cool if we had people on this board that actually like talking football strategies and win or lose give people a hard time or their props based on the games outcomes smh
Dude!! Let me set the record straight! I do not want PV TO BE SORRY!! Yall have taking enough of a beating! I dont care about PV y? Because for one its PV and for two your school is not better than my school. Smdh!! Question since u want to talk about x's and o's how is PV going to win the Swac in football this season! Ill wait.

All they had was Lovelocke, Babers, and one receiver. We was one play away from beating them that season. Stewart fumbled the ball on a scoring drive and they won. Smh

Wrong game, he's talking about the SCG against AAMU in 2009. Neither of those players you posted was on the team back then or even in college.

But we did get that 16-14 win in 2009.....

You mean KJ Black? If that's all it took to beat yall what does that say about your team? There wasn't alot of action or scoring in that game because of that mudhole they played in.

Last edited:
Wonder how did we end up with 3 pages of comments for a team that the southernites claim is going to be 0-11 this year? Why do you even care, we PV remember?

I could never figure out why some people revert to out right lying. Can you help me with this?

First off overall head to head against Southern it is very lopsided its almost a thirty game gap. I do want our conference to b good yall just have things to accomplish before u can stick your chest out. When u think about PV people still across the globe thinks of "A sorry program" when u think about Southern, Grambling,and Jackson State u think of winners! Prairie View is not among those schools u worry about. Yea PV was good back in the day i know my history. But there losing has out weighed there winning ( now thats lopsided). I see PV has made changes but like i said u have a mountain to climb before u can talk to Southern. Until yall can get to the mountain top i dont want to here about know recent history. I want to know your overall GPA! Thats whats going to get u into our schools team level.

We are 6-5 since the playing field has been leveled. Am I happy about that? Hell no! It is what it is. Facts.

see..that's why I question yall eye prescriptions...Alcorn was small but played aggressive and basically shut SU down both times

Alcorn was not small on defense like PV. Your cats were LITTLE with no physicality. And you were soft. I know some of the Alcorn players folks personally. I have seen them dudes. They ain't small as PV and they play more physical than PV ever has. If we would have been full strength at that game in PV it would have been even uglier. JSU did the same thing to yall the year before. When they ran them big backs. It was over for PV. Teams fell into that trap of trying to get in a shoot out with yall. Nope. You run the rock and you run it with authority. LOL at the fact that you said Alcorn was small. Their DBs were not that big. But them dudes were decent players. They have more talent than PV. Point blank.

We are 6-5 since the playing field has been leveled. Am I happy about that? Hell no! It is what it is. Facts.

The only reason that happened is Pete got lazy. It was no reason for him to lose several of those games to PV. But that's why he is gone. Then you got Stump to beat on for a moment as he tried to right the ship. In the grand scheme of things. Any coach worth a salt will always win at SU. If you can't win there it means you can't coach. Simple as that. Talent is there and the facilities are there. No excuses.

You know I know lol. Willie on one side, Randell on the other lol. They can't double both of them lol.

The only thing that is gonna help u vs JSU is that you play us early and our defense may not yet be fully in sync. But we have the potential to shut you down. If Alcorn could shut you down, we def can.

Your team has declined every year. This will be the worst SU team under Odums to date!

How can you sit there and say our team declined when we went to the SCG with a true Freshman at Qb and missing all kinds of players with the compliance crap. And we still won games. Alcorn has been the only team that has been a thorn in our side since Odums took over. To show you how dumb you sound. Odums has only been the head coach full time these last 2 years. Both SCG appearances with 1 title. If anything with how YOUNG we were last year. This may be Odums best team coming back. Plus we got some surprises for yall. ~snicker~

Alcorn was not small on defense like PV. Your cats were LITTLE with no physicality. And you were soft. I know some of the Alcorn players folks personally. I have seen them dudes. They ain't small as PV and they play more physical than PV ever has. If we would have been full strength at that game in PV it would have been even uglier. JSU did the same thing to yall the year before. When they ran them big backs. It was over for PV. Teams fell into that trap of trying to get in a shoot out with yall. Nope. You run the rock and you run it with authority. LOL at the fact that you said Alcorn was small. Their DBs were not that big. But them dudes were decent players. They have more talent than PV. Point blank.

Like I said before keep thinking PV brought back the same athletes and same defensive scheme. Just like you fired Pete, we fired Heish. So you think a new coach kept everything the same? You so called sports fans amaze me LOL

The only thing that is gonna help u vs JSU is that you play us early and our defense may not yet be fully in sync. But we have the potential to shut you down. If Alcorn could shut you down, we def can.

Dude you have OMJ as your coach. Go sit in a corner and be quiet until you find a new coaching staff. Sheesh.

PV won't be that good because

1.) you are PV
2.) your defense is simply not talented. You have been thru 2-3 DC and your defense still sucks. That's lack of talent.
3.) Simmons is over-rated. You would have done better keeping Orlando, especially if Simmons was gonna go out and hire a OC anyway.

Like I said before keep thinking PV brought back the same athletes and same defensive scheme. Just like you fired Pete, we fired Heish. So you think a new coach kept everything the same? You so called sports fans amaze me LOL

Yeah and we didn't win right away after Pete either. We actually took a step back before taking a step forward. If you really know football, you would know you ain't going to incorporate a new scheme on both sides of the ball with a new coaching staff and just roll through the conference. LOL. Even Odums had been on staff at SU under Stump for a year and knew the players. Man you cats amaze me thinking a new coach means a title right away. Heck we didn't even have title expectations for Big Worm his first full year. We just expected to compete and have a winning season. He was ahead of schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back