**Amber Alert** Perrilou transfering from LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bet SUjagTILLiDIE hopes Perrilou stays in Red Stick and moves his address to the other side of town. :lol: He would be a nice transfer.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
HHhhhmmmm.....

I keep my eyes and ears open and may pass it on to my Louisiana friends.

Panthro said:
:uhoh:

Landers and Kerligan send help!!! :eek:

He'll get no time at any of the Swac schools in La,

He could come to another school just down the highway from UT.

:rolly:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Hope he lands in the SWAC.

Is Perrilloux considering Grambling?
By Nick Deriso
nderiso@thenewsstar.com

An intermediary has reportedly contacted Grambling State to gauge interest in a possible transfer by Ryan Perrilloux. But the LSU quarterback has not directly spoken with GSU coaches.

A dual-threat out of Reserve, the five-star Scout.com recruit signed with LSU last season but redshirted and doesn't look to find regular playing time behind Matt Flynn and JaMarcus Russell - leading to speculation that he might leave Baton Rouge.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060523/SPORTS/60523021/1006

Man... imagine a Bruce Eugene arm with Vince Young legs. Dude threw for 3500 and 30 TD, 0 Int... and ran for 1400 and 37 TD... in his senior season!!!

Nick Saban had a golden lock on LSU when it came to transferring to Southern.....this would spell doom for Les Miles - especially after they got the kid to change his commitment after turning down sitting for only one season at UT.

I am about to watch the news now. The sports should be coming on in a little bit. They have an update. I'm about to see.

I doubt it would spell doom for Les Miles. He still got the better of the 2 recruits out of Ryan and Sanchez of USC...who has legal troubles for an alleged rape.

He'll get more.

Bryan Lazare
TigerBait.com Senior Writer

Reports surfaced once again Tuesday that Ryan Perrilloux, who was considered by many observers the top football recruit in the nation two years ago, may be considering leaving LSU for, possibly, a junior college.

Mike Scarborough

Perrilloux is currently behind Russell and Flynn on the Tiger depth chart
Perrilloux was redshirted this past season as JaMarcus Russell and Matt Flynn handled the Tigers quarterbacking duties. Russell did not participate in spring practice leaving all the work to Flynn and Perrilloux.

LSU coach Les Miles did not announce a depth chart regarding the quarterbacks following the April 1 spring game. However, the consensus opinion was that Perrilloux will enter pre-season camp as the third quarterback.

Sources indicate that a meeting occurred recently among Perrilloux, some of his family members and Miles. At that time, Miles simply explained Perrilloux's situation with the football program.

Larry Dauterive, Perrilloux's coach at East St. John High School, does not feel that he is leaving LSU.

"I was with Ryan last week," Dauterive said. "He was at my spring game just as happy as can be and he said that he couldn't wait to compete for the job this summer. His mother called me (tonight) and said that we have never talked about transferring."

Dauterive had a conversation last week with Miles and Perrilloux's name came up.

"I talked to Les last week," Dauterive said. "He said that when we had our recruits in this year, we put every top profile guy with Ryan and we didn't lose one of them."

Dauterive does not believe that LSU coaches met with Perrilloux on Tuesday night.

"I just talked to his mom," Dauterive said. "(Offensive coordinator) Jimbo (Fisher) talked to him (Tuesday) to just see how he was doing. But, maybe they are meeting tonight. I don't know."

During his senior year, Perrilloux accounted for 5,006 yards of total offense. He passed for 3,546 yards and 30 touchdowns and ran for 1,460 yards and 37 touchdowns.

In his high school career, Perrilloux accounted for 12,705 yards and 155 touchdowns. He threw for 9,025 yards and 84 touchdowns and rushed for 3,680 yards and 71 touchdowns.

Perrilloux verbally committed to Texas. However, Perrilloux ended up signing with LSU after Miles replaced Nick Saban as coach.

"The kid is totally happy there," Dauterive said. "He said that he couldn't wait to get back in June and start throwing and getting better. He thinks he is going to have a chance to play so far be it for me to tell him anything."

LSU's Perrilloux staying put

By SCOTT RABALAIS
Advocate sportswriter
Published: May 23, 2006

(Page 1 of 2)

A broadcast report LSU quarterback Ryan Perrilloux was considering a transfer was quickly refuted Tuesday night by his mother, his high school coach — and Perrilloux himself.

WAFB reported in its 6 p.m. newscast Perrilloux was contacting schools with the intent to transfer from LSU, where he redshirted last year and still ranks No. 3 on the Tigers quarterback depth chart behind juniors JaMarcus Russell and Matt Flynn.

While Perrilloux’s mother said her son didn’t like sitting on the bench, she, Ryan and his high school coach, Larry Dauterive of East St. John, all said he is happy at LSU.

“This the first I’ve heard of it,” Perrilloux said of the report in a statement through LSU sports information director Michael Bonnette. “There’s no truth to it. I’m happy here and I don’t plan on going anywhere. I’m excited about working out this summer and getting ready to compete in the fall.”

The WAFB report quoted Grambling coach Melvin Spears as saying there had been contact on Perrilloux’s behalf with the program there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back