Alcorn State vs Georgia Tech: Game Updates - 6:30pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcorn playing terrified has nothing to do with GT having more talented players. Alcorn winning was a long shot, but you dont have to play like you are defeated before you give yourself a shot.

I respectfully disagree. Playing terrified has everything to do with it. It doesn't mean that you will win the game, but it can be the difference between a beating and an embarrassment.

Told yall ALL these games are over at halftime. Anybody that say diffr rent is crazy.

JSU and SU got the best chance of winning this weekend and that is still a very very slim chance. And we are "only" playing Lou. Tech and Middle Tennessee.

WE SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING TEAMS LIKE THIS.
Play a FBS but use common sense when scheduling.
Good lawd that was diseased azz ugly. Lol

Relax, if I re-call tech did the Same thing to Miss St and Clemson last season..Alcorn will be fine, no matter how much u prepare is hard to stop a Triple option offense.with a Heisman hopefully and experience oline .. I wouldn't look to much into this

This is completely embarrassing to the entire SWAC. FCS conference champions play with more heart and passion than this. I know GT is a top FBS team, but Alcorn could be playing much better than this if they showed some heart. Alcorn can cancel any thoughts of dominating the SWAC as well.
I slightly agree. Alcorn a biggest problem is Gibbs. He a fuckn running back . If he can't run then all hell to it. They need a true PASSER n move Gibbs to running back. That shit he was doing last year just happen to wrk but I don't see it this year in the swac. My SCG predictions : west Grambling ... east Jackson State !!!!!

I believe alcorn losing there oc from last year will be an issue this year. Alcorn didnt look the same on offense like they did last year. I wonder what is the update on gatewood on his injury?

I slightly agree. Alcorn a biggest problem is Gibbs. He a fuckn running back . If he can't run then all hell to it. They need a true PASSER n move Gibbs to running back. That shit he was doing last year just happen to wrk but I don't see it this year in the swac. My SCG predictions : west Grambling ... east Jackson State !!!!!

Did you really come to that conclusion based on one game against one of the best teams in America? Georgia Tech ran for 400 yards against Georgia and damn near 500 against a Mississippi State team that had 6 weeks to prepare. If teams with equal talent couldn't stop them, why would any expect Alcorn to have a shot?

Did you really come to that conclusion based on one game against one of the best teams in America? Georgia Tech ran for 400 yards against Georgia and damn near 500 against a Mississippi State team that had 6 weeks to prepare. If teams with equal talent couldn't stop them, why would any expect Alcorn to have a shot?

Thank God someone has some sense.

Wow

This is completely embarrassing to the entire SWAC. FCS conference champions play with more heart and passion than this. I know GT is a top FBS team, but Alcorn could be playing much better than this if they showed some heart. Alcorn can cancel any thoughts of dominating the SWAC as well.

I told you all last week, the SWAC has improved but our game against GT wouldn't show it. You all will do fine

Kaiss has set Alcorns offense back a little bit, he is not that good and they didn't look up to speed yesterday. They did show flashes against the 2nd and 3rd string Tech players. Also I want people to know that even though Alcorn got a check this did nothing for recruitment. Alcorn just wasn't ready for what they were up against last night. Still doesn't mean they will have a losing SWAC record...

Let's be real folks the same results will happen to all the other SWAC schools this weekend. Here is the list:
GSU vs U. California 4:00 pm

Alabama A&M @ U. Cincinnati 6:00 pm

Jackson St. @ M. Tennessee 6:00 pm

Miss. Valley St. @ U. New Mexico 6:00 pm

Southern U. @ Louisiana Tech 6:00 pm

(off topic)
It was amazing how some thought Alcorn would give GaTech a challenge last night. Forget the qb's, did anyone see how GaTech's OLine and DLine dominated????

Also, how many blowouts will there be this weekend b/w FCS vs. FBS??? Last night's outcome was expected by all except the zealous few.

Alcorn's issue vs Tech was very simple from the 1st play of the game GT OL is about 350 avg and from the camera angle it looks like Alcorn's DL was about 220 ( Speed is not everything) that is the way more teams are recruiting trying to put speed at the DL, when you also need weight on that same DL. its okay for speed at the LB positions and secondary..... I dont think Alcorn will face another OL with that much weight until they face JSU! ( I'm not bragging but your OL is also very small and that's not normal) Alcorn's success last year was vs SWAC OL/DL were very small last year! Alcorn's QB is okay but he made a first game error ( sort of a freshmen error though with the pick and it set the tone of the game)..... but only thing Alcorn needs to do is to get the offense on Track ( assignments missed) and it's too late for the defense, they will get better as the season goes! p.s. I just don't see them running 250 per game with that OL when everybody else DL has thickened........

Again another team may not have stop GT offense wise but yall crazy to think another team would not have put up more than 6 points! I can't wait till Monday morning to see all these threads from other schools same beat down results!

(off topic)
It was amazing how some thought Alcorn would give GaTech a challenge last night. Forget the qb's, did anyone see how GaTech's OLine and DLine dominated????

Also, how many blowouts will there be this weekend b/w FCS vs. FBS??? Last night's outcome was expected by all except the zealous few.

Correct.

Georgia Tech was what the #15 or #16 ranked team in the nation?

They went into that game with a different mindset of getting the 1s some work in and get them out fast enough to see what the 2s and 3s have in them. You could look at Alcorn's coach as it was written all over his face that he was helpless and just wanted to get out of the game the least amount of injuries as possible.

The game payout will help the Alcorn athletic program and now that it's over just get this game out of the player's mind and get ready for next week.

I came on here to post this Heck I can't remember the FCS team a while back that played Bama but they ran for over 300 against them. We saw Florida got gashed for over 400 yards (0 passing yards) by Georgia Southern. GT ain't Army or Navy. They have legitimate Top 25 talent running the triple option. That's scary for the rest of the ACC outside of Florida State

(off topic)

It will always come back to this when we play OOC. When we upgrade there, the rest will follow.

I expected the final score to be around 49-14 and it would be close for a quarter or two.

Cincy and La Tech are legitimate top 40-50 teams. Gunner Kiel is gonna try to make a statement against AAMU

MTSU and New Mexico not so much but it will always come back to the trenches. MTSU and New Mexico are running teams so if they have their way in the trenches, it could get ugly quickly (like how Illinois State jumped on Valley on their first 5 possessions last year)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back