Alcorn Releases 2015 Football Schedule.

...and before some War Party Folks come on here trying to twist this, let me give this thought: Use Common Sense :lol:.

The Alcorn Administrators probably think that because SU and JSU are Away Games, you can attempt to make up the gate loss by combining Homecoming and The Grambling Game into one. WRONG!!!!!!

1. You don't know what either team's record is going to be before this time.
2. Grambling still has to travel to JSU again this year. I don't know too many people who will make 2 trips to Mississippi in one year. Considering how the JSU game and atmosphere went last year, they may pick going back to JSU over coming to Lorman. Remember I-20 goes right through Jackson.
3. Grambling IS NOT Southern. They obviously have shown they hate coming to Lorman by tricking us in moving our home game.

If you couldn't have scheduled an OOC HBCU, there is an FCS Team in Hammond, Louisiana THAT WE HAVE PLAYED BEFORE WE could have put on the schedule. They would brought fans to Lorman and thus we could have gotten an extra games.

I hope a SWAC Coach calls us out for this schedule :lol:. Jenkins and Comegy have it in them.

You said all of that to say nothing!!!

In case you didn't know. Well, there is no IN CASE. You CLEARLY DON'T know! The Grambling game has pretty much always been a big game. The schools are only 2.5 hours away from each other. I can't recall an Alcorn-Grambling game that hasn't had a good attendance to it at Alcorn. I'm sure that the average fan from Grambling will make that short drive to Alcorn and turnaround after the game and head back to Louisiana. They've done it before and will do it again.

Next time, ask us REAL ALCORNITES before you try to make ASSumptions.

I guess "common sense ain't common"

Last edited by a moderator:

You said all of that to say nothing!!!

In case you didn't know. Well, there is no IN CASE. You CLEARLY DON'T know! The Grambling game has pretty much always been a big game. The schools are only 2.5 hours away from each other. I can't recall an Alcorn-Grambling game that hasn't had a good attendance to it at Alcorn. I'm sure that the average fan from Grambling will make that short drive to Alcorn and turnaround after the game and head back to Louisiana. They've done it before and will do it again.

Next time, ask us REAL ALCORNITES before you try to make ASSumptions.

I guess "common sense ain't common"

Dude, its been 7 years since they played in Lorman. Last time they came, Bush was in his last year in office :lol:. We are putting all our eggs in one basket and that is not good. Two open dates is not feasible.

REAL Alcornites desire REAL Competition. It took you nearly two days to come up with this response :lmao:.

Are we scared of OOC HBCUs?

BTW, common sense must not be common amongst Administrators if a SWAC Team can con us out a home game for 7 years :lmao:. I don't need to ask.

COMPETE...get OOC HBCUs.

Last edited:
Oh and Antroy, you forget to mention one important detail about "past" Alcorn vs. Grambling Games:

They were usually the first game of the year for both teams. Of course it would be a well attended game because both teams would be 0-0 thus the human factor of "apathy due to losing" is minimized.

This time however, the game is in mid October. The human factor by this time starts to play a role in Attendence.

Don't worry BH321 Alcorn has a chance to beat GA Tech last year was their good year they won't be nearly as good this year it will be another 5-7 years...Snickering!

Don't worry BH321 Alcorn has a chance to beat GA Tech last year was their good year they won't be nearly as good this year it will be another 5-7 years...Snickering!

Actually they will be much much better next year, their entire offense is returning except for 1 or 2 receiver. They defense will look much better and improved with what returning and added.

Oh and Antroy, you forget to mention one important detail about "past" Alcorn vs. Grambling Games:

They were usually the first game of the year for both teams. Of course it would be a well attended game because both teams would be 0-0 thus the human factor of "apathy due to losing" is minimized.

This time however, the game is in mid October. The human factor by this time starts to play a role in Attendence.

Bh123 I too would love to see us play a ooc hbcu but really it does nothing for us. The goal is to return to Houston and get another ring. Playing those teams will not help us return. Preparing for our conference opponents is what will advance us. As far as improving the Alcorn brand, the championship rings will speak loudly and clearly to the nation and to better recruits

Actually they will be much much better next year, their entire offense is returning except for 1 or 2 receiver. They defense will look much better and improved with what returning and added.

She was tryna be funny and pick on me. Actually, our defense was VERY young this year so that unit should be very strong next year. On offense. we return our QB Thomas but we need a sure back-up and we lost ALL of our primary backs. BUT all we recruit is backs so we have a whole stable of backs waiting to be turned loose! Our weakest spot is always receiver. We don't recruit many but we have 2-3 who should be ready to roll. Last year, our leading receiver was a convert from baseball team. The guys we have coming thru now are REAL WRs.

...oh and this one will be over midway thru the 2nd. It's a night game so folks can head to the bar/club right after halftime.

Feeling good about Tech I see.

We just dropped fiddy on MS State. Imagine what we gonna do to po Alcorn. :smh:

Im looking for us to be in contention for a playoff spot and at the very least, we should be in the ACC Championship game. We will def start the year off ranked. Then we travel to Notre Dame, Clemson and Miami... and we have Virginia Tech, Florida State and Georgia at home. I think we can beat Notre Dame, Miami, VaTech, and Florida State. Our games vs against our biggest rivals (Clemson and UGA) will be crucial but typically make easy work of Clemson. If we lose to the likes of Pitt, Duke, UNC, the season will be considered a failure. We should be on VERY solid ground for 2015 and 2016.

A money game against a P5 school and a tune up game with Concordia. Have no problem with this schedule :tup:

The Braves got 7 months to prepare for that option. That QB can actually throw compared to their QBs in the past

In MY opinion, it's a horrible schedule. They have no business on the field with GaTech or Concordia.

What message will we be sending as HBCU National Champions getting our asses kicked by Georgia Tech? Georgia Tech is going to kick our ass and Georgia will kick SU's ass :lol:. Those recruits in Georgia May say the hell with the SWAC :lmao:.

When you wear the crown as reigning HBCU National Champions, you are not only representing every SWAC team past and present but every MEAC, SIAC, CIAA team past and present as well. You compete against OOC HBCUs on your level in the Spirit of Black College Football.

I do not know how many times I have to say this but you cannot be a scared punk and expect to be well respected. You have to go out and compete. There is nothing wrong with showing others you have the biggest stick and hardest balls.

We could have played somebody in MEAC or TN State. 2 open dates is unacceptable.

Your "knowledge" and "character"....they don't mean a damn thing in Sports. In Sports, respect is always earned through extreme competition and WINNING.

Until Alcorn realizes this and gets "grimier" and "confident"....Alcorn will always be 2nd to JSU. JSU is not scared to be brash. The FAMU game in 2014 Will be forever remembered in Black College Football History.

One thing I love about Grambling, SU, and JSU....They brash and confident. When will Alcorn become brash and confident?

I'll end with this: Considering Alcorn's Current Football "Dynamic"...not playing OOC HBCUs is a slap in the face to all those who came before like Eddie Robinson, Jake Gaither, etc. They embraced playing each other in the Spirit of Black College Football. The SU vs FAMU 1999 game on camera was electric. Alcorn, like it or not, you are still an HBCU. When will Alcorn recapture that HBCU Football Magic? Being SWAC Champion is one thing. Defending it is a whole different thing.

This is TP

Dude, its been 7 years since they played in Lorman. Last time they came, Bush was in his last year in office :lol:. We are putting all our eggs in one basket and that is not good. Two open dates is not feasible.

REAL Alcornites desire REAL Competition. It took you nearly two days to come up with this response :lmao:.

Are we scared of OOC HBCUs?

BTW, common sense must not be common amongst Administrators if a SWAC Team can con us out a home game for 7 years :lmao:. I don't need to ask.

COMPETE...get OOC HBCUs.

You still byotchin back seat driver??

The same reason yall have two open dates...

You do know that y'all have 2 open dates also, Oct 10th & Nov 14th...

I bet you haven't even figured out that y'all play on Thanksgiving weekend too.

...but JSU plays TN State Though. Alcorn doesn't play ANY OOC HBCU. We are HBCU National Champions. If you don't want to play OOC HBCUs.........Why call yourself HBCU National Champions?

We have a Mantle we must represent.

When you wear the crown as reigning HBCU National Champions, you are not only representing every SWAC team past and present but every MEAC, SIAC, CIAA team past and present as well. You compete against OOC HBCUs on your level in the Spirit of Black College Football.
:retard::retard:
Again, congrats to Alcorn for winning. But dude, get over yourself. PLEASE stop thinking the world now looks at Alcorn as the end all, be all and representing all HBCUs "past and present". :smh:

:retard::retard:
Again, congrats to Alcorn for winning. But dude, get over yourself. PLEASE stop thinking the world now looks at Alcorn as the end all, be all and representing all HBCUs "past and present". :smh:

This isn't just about Alcorn. Alcorn just so happens to be the reigning HBCU National Champions.

HBCU Football is still here. But we have to do our part to keep it alive. It is not enough anymore to simply say so and so played here and went to the NFL. We have show that we still have a solid CULTURE and ATMOSPHERE.

When you are reigning HBCU National Champion, it is your responsibility to uphold the Culture. I Still Believe in Black College Football. It just needs some small "critiquing" to be successful in TODAY'S sports environment.

Back