Respect

Houston ISD and my beloved Aldine ISD ain't worth a damn anymore. All those who grew up in those two school districts all now have kids in Pearland, Alvin, Spring and Fort Bend ISD. Those old Houston and Aldine ISD teams would bust the clock on these "newer" school districts today.

HISD has one football school left and that's Lamar but every black kid there lives in another zone that's why the other schools suffer

Aldine has Davis High now and their going to do well as usually the newer schools attract people

FBISD needs to consolidate as Marshall dominates track and is decent in football but getting kids from Willowridge would boost their depth...

Houston ISD and my beloved Aldine ISD ain't worth a damn anymore. All those who grew up in those two school districts all now have kids in Pearland, Alvin, Spring and Fort Bend ISD. Those old Houston and Aldine ISD teams would bust the clock on these "newer" school districts today.

You shole is right C-Leb28.

How about Trinity, you know the school they show on ESPN all the time doing the Samoan Dance.

Why are you naming just those few namedrops, Sleep? I played in and grew up in the Houston area football circuit and once believed the TRUE power of HS football in Texas was in and around Houston AND east Texas. North Tx was just a blip on the way to state back then lol. Today? Not so. E-Tx still has spots here or there from time to time BUT the MAJOR player is indeed the metroplex. Since living there, I saw up close and personal how hard those kids train and hone their craft. Every single district in North Texas is a powerhouse district, imho. At one point, neighboring (literally) Lancaster, DeSoto, and Cedar Hill were OWNING everyone there and around the Houston area/E-Tx as well lol :D. Speed and footballl LIVES in Aledo. Carroll is Allen w/out the steroids lololololololololol. DISD is a former shell of itself, along w/ FWISD but the suburban school districts are ridiculously strong. OU/OkSt/KSU/et al don't live in the metroplex, just because. They live there because there is talent available annually.

Reactions: JR
Damned UIL took steroids out of HS football and implemented random drug testing here and look what happened. *smh* :( We, I mean, those kids are not as physically strong as they once recently were.

O__o (looking around and whistling)

The quality of Texas High School football is not on par with Louisiana per capita. LSU runs roughshod all over Texas A&M which is the best program in Texas. Baylor, Texas and TCU plays in a weak over hyped conference and would get the same type of beat down. Hell LSU went to Texas a couple of years ago and slapped TCU silly. It not a coincidence that Grambling and Southern continues to Molly Whop and lambaste Texas Southern and Prairie View. All of these Texas colleges are recruiting out of a pool that simply per capita is inferior to Louisiana.

The quality of Texas High School football is not on par with Louisiana per capita. LSU runs roughshod all over Texas A&M which is the best program in Texas. Baylor, Texas and TCU plays in a weak over hyped conference and would get the same type of beat down. Hell LSU went to Texas a couple of years ago and slapped TCU silly. It not a coincidence that Grambling and Southern continues to Molly Whop and lambaste Texas Southern and Prairie View. All of these Texas colleges are recruiting out of a pool that simply per capita is inferior to Louisiana.

Well damn! Did you have to be so blunt?

I was just kidding about Cleb flag.

Well damn! Did you have to be so blunt?

Yes, Louisiana only has about 4.7 million people compared to 26 million Texans so naturally their pool of athletes are larger. They have the quantity, but when you get right down to it sift through the fat and get to the meat and bones, their football athletes are simply inferior per capita....

Well, you shouldn't have been. The flag is just like sTu all mismatched. When you look at that flag you just know things are not going to go well for them. If you ask me sTu football administration (along with PV) needs to go to a spiritual reader and advisor and get some direction to discern on how to prepare for the worse.....lol

If you ask me sTu football administration (along with PV) needs to go to a spiritual reader and advisor and get some direction to discern on how to prepare for the worse.....lol

Well, Asberry went to a spiritual reader and adviser and got some direction on when to pull "Jerry Rice 2.0" either before halftime or right after he gets his 4th touchdown of the game.

Well, Asberry went to a spiritual reader and adviser and got some direction on when to pull "Jerry Rice 2.0" either before halftime or right after he gets his 4th touchdown of the game.

And still no cigar......When was the last time you guys in that HUGE city and state won a SWAC championship in football 1966? Hell, the city of Houston if not the same size has more people in it than the entire state of Louisiana. Texas Southern is what Texas football is all about.....perennial under achievers.......lol

So you are putting your hopes on a guy who has yet to play a college game, that plays WR of all positions, to carry tSU to a championship lmao. Who is going to block, throw, or defend.

So you are putting your hopes on a guy who has yet to play a college game, that plays WR of all positions, to carry tSU to a championship lmao. Who is going to block, throw, or defend.

The Pappadeaux's in Houston must adversely impact their reasoning.

laughing_smiley.gif

This is gonna be so damn sweet!

You all have one chance of winning a SWAC West game. Good luck in your season opener as that will be your best chance. Just consider that the Texas SWAC Championship. That is the closest you guys will get to winning anything in football....smh & lol

per capita..lol...in Louisiana the schools in the cities run things so take away Houston and Dallas per say its about even...part of Texas is very average to begin with in terms of football but yall lump them in anyway...however, yall allow the talent to be stolen by private schools yearly or a West Monroe type punks all the city schools in Monroe and take who they want

Little talent to play college football is found in the valley, el paso and parts of west texas...take that away it's basically houston, dallas, austin, san antonio on east...

This is really one of the most clueless comments I have read on this forum in a long time. lsu, runs through TX as you call it because the TX athlete is recruited and plays all over the nation. You talk like all the kids stay in TX and go to UT or a&m or the other schools you listed only. If your logic was true and every kid stayed in TX tsu and pv would be competing for national championships because ut, a&m, bu, and who ever else you named couldn't sign them all. JR, I thought you were smarter than this, you really disappoint me.

per capita..lol...in Louisiana the schools in the cities run things so take away Houston and Dallas per say its about even...part of Texas is very average to begin with in terms of football but yall lump them in anyway...however, yall allow the talent to be stolen by private schools yearly or a West Monroe type punks all the city schools in Monroe and take who they want

Little talent to play college football is found in the valley, el paso and parts of west texas...take that away it's basically houston, dallas, austin, san antonio on east...
Wrong again. The community schools run things, outside of John Curtis and Evangel.

Talent in Louisiana is pretty spread out. A lot of the small community schools produce a ton of talent.

This is really one of the most clueless comments I have read on this forum in a long time. lsu, runs through TX as you call it because the TX athlete is recruited and plays all over the nation. You talk like all the kids stay in TX and go to UT or a&m or the other schools you listed only. If your logic was true and every kid stayed in TX tsu and pv would be competing for national championships because ut, a&m, bu, and who ever else you named couldn't sign them all. JR, I thought you were smarter than this, you really disappoint me.

That's nothing but a Texas size excuse. LA. athletes are recruited from other states as well. You people need to stop eating at Pappadeaux's as I'm convinced that one of the side effects is negatively impacting one's deductive reasoning. All of this basically means that overall Texas football per capita is soft.

laughing_smiley.gif

Last edited:
Back