Zerrick Cooper

Most of the guys who sign with D1 schools belong on D1-AA level.

This is why the NCAA needs to tighten the gap between FBS & FCS scholarship limits. 85 to 63 is too wide IMO. 80 to 68 is more ideal and will cut back on grayshirting and other questionable/unethical roster stocking and recruiting practices.

those high-profile recruits that leave, it's usually its a done deal with another FCS program before he's even released. There is a fear they go to the HBCUs that makes a lot look bad. SU and Grambling exposed that in the 90s..the Ryan P deal exposed that and Mathieu from LSU was at McNeese the day he was released damn neat

You can’t tell me a kid who is begging to play from a high profile program will want to play at place where they are NEVER in the national spotlight or play in those venues?

This is why the NCAA needs to tighten the gap between FBS & FCS scholarship limits. 85 to 63 is too wide IMO. 80 to 68 is more ideal and will cut back on grayshirting and other questionable/unethical roster stocking and recruiting practices.
Yea I'm an a agreement with that. All these quote on quote white schools try and get all these minorities so they can keep them from these fcs schools ( Swac & Meac). Todays kids mindset are different. When i was growing up all i thought about was signing with a Swac school. Now today's kids all they wanna do is sign with a D 1 sec school. SMH GO WHERE YOU'RE WANT IT!

Budgets

Yea I'm an a agreement with that. All these quote on quote white schools try and get all these minorities so they can keep them from these fcs schools ( Swac & Meac). Todays kids mindset are different. When i was growing up all i thought about was signing with a Swac school. Now today's kids all they wanna do is sign with a D 1 sec school. SMH GO WHERE YOU'RE WANT IT!
Which is why at least one of our schools needs to be fbs. I'm at the point that I really don't care which one.

That's no guarantee a certain type of kid will sign because your school is in FBS and it costs a crap load of money to move up and thrive.

It’s a better guarantee as we lose a lot of recruits to the ULMs, New Mexico States, Georgia States just cause they are FBS.

ULM is not offering cost of attendance stipends and I don't think NMSU and GSU are either.

Level of competition. Most players truly believe they are FBS good and want to compete against other FBS talent in practice & games...even the one's who really arent

Level of competition. Most players truly believe they are FBS good and want to compete against other FBS talent in practice & games...even the one's who really arent

Sadly isn’t much difference between lower sun belt and our schools except more scholarships and depth on the lines. The other sports is where we see the same.

That kids garbage he can’t pass he Over throws 6’7 receivers he was overthrowing wide open receivers when he had no pressure.

That kids garbage he can’t pass he Over throws 6’7 receivers he was overthrowing wide open receivers when he had no pressure.

I know on paper that Valley ain't as good as A&T on defense but if we can somehow mimic some of the stuff A&T does, we might make it a half (like the last game we had against them). That dude is streaky at best

I honestly think that he could have done better at Grambling with better coaches. JSU has been so hit and miss with their QB transfers

I know on paper that Valley ain't as good as A&T on defense but if we can somehow mimic some of the stuff A&T does, we might make it a half (like the last game we had against them). That dude is streaky at best

I honestly think that he could have done better at Grambling with better coaches. JSU has been so hit and miss with their QB transfers
He settled down a little late.

every team in the swac needs to be in on that. I'd also put a feeler into kelly bryant. he won't leave right now, but he's got two 5 stars behind him pushing for playing time. one will be a soph and the other has just enrolled. he could get beat out in the spring potentially. dabo likes to be loyal to older guys but if the difference is stark kelly will be out.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article218987480.html

Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant did not practice Monday afternoon after freshman quarterback Trevor Lawrence was named the starter for the Tigers earlier in the day, according to Clemson coach Dabo Swinney.

Bryant also missed Tuesday’s practice, a source told The State Tuesday evening. Clemson confirmed the news but did not comment on why Bryant was not in attendance.

Tigers quarterbacks coach Brandon Streeter met with Bryant on Sunday night and discussed the latest on the depth chart. Swinney then texted with Bryant on Sunday night to set up a meeting to discuss the decision further Monday afternoon.

The two had an “emotional” talk Monday before Swinney gave Bryant the rest of the day off.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article218987480.html

Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant did not practice Monday afternoon after freshman quarterback Trevor Lawrence was named the starter for the Tigers earlier in the day, according to Clemson coach Dabo Swinney.

Bryant also missed Tuesday’s practice, a source told The State Tuesday evening. Clemson confirmed the news but did not comment on why Bryant was not in attendance.

Tigers quarterbacks coach Brandon Streeter met with Bryant on Sunday night and discussed the latest on the depth chart. Swinney then texted with Bryant on Sunday night to set up a meeting to discuss the decision further Monday afternoon.

The two had an “emotional” talk Monday before Swinney gave Bryant the rest of the day off.

Well Mr. Bryant and Mr. Hurt, welcome to the real world.

Back