Zerrick Cooper

every team in the swac needs to be in on that. I'd also put a feeler into kelly bryant. he won't leave right now, but he's got two 5 stars behind him pushing for playing time. one will be a soph and the other has just enrolled. he could get beat out in the spring potentially. dabo likes to be loyal to older guys but if the difference is stark kelly will be out.

I'll say alcorn b/c I've been wearing my alcorn hoodie everywhere. they are the only hbcu that gets rep'ed here. jackson state has some type of ties here as well. they send students to clemson every summer.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...-talks-commitment-grambling-state/1054956001/

“I saw somewhere where I can be great,” Robinson said. “I saw a place where I make a name for myself as well. The players and coaches made it feel like home. I was comfortable there, I like the atmosphere and that’s what convinced me to make the decision to come there.

“It was very important to me. Not a lot of schools had the history of winning like Grambling. Really it was only Alabama and Grambling. I just had to choose which one I wanted to be a part of. I chose the better option.”

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...-talks-commitment-grambling-state/1054956001/

“I saw somewhere where I can be great,” Robinson said. “I saw a place where I make a name for myself as well. The players and coaches made it feel like home. I was comfortable there, I like the atmosphere and that’s what convinced me to make the decision to come there.

“It was very important to me. Not a lot of schools had the history of winning like Grambling. Really it was only Alabama and Grambling. I just had to choose which one I wanted to be a part of. I chose the better option.”

Somebody got in his ear and said the damn thing!!!!

This is absolutely sensational as you simply do not see second generation kids post desegregation commit to HBCUs with this type of pedigree. Offers from national champion Bama, LSU, and Florida and this kid said it was an "easy decision" to become of part of the G-Men legacy. Kudos to the staff with instilling the mindset the we are Grambling, where our storied name reverberates with the college elite. Kids can see you can make it the NFL at HBCUs. Maybe this a slow sign that our kids are coming back home.

With Martez being a potential 3rd round draft pick, G-Men coming off back to back SWAC titles, Everson Walls being a HOF finalist, it is a great time to be a Grambling Tiger. When is it is not? :)

Back