Yards - 2009

Look at them pics from a month ago (yard09-1,2,3) and those taken today (yard2009 1,2,3,4,5,6).......

Pic 1 & 2 has my assistant flexing his guns.....

My Yard 2009

My yard looks like crap. At first I wasn't going to do anything, but now I'm feeling embarrass by it. The county and Verizon did me wrong by digging up my yard on multiple occasions.

Fellas, at this point in the year, is there anything I can do? Is it too late to put down seed??? Weed Control??? Fertilizer? I got to do something. I even thought about hiring somebody.

My yard looks like crap also! I have a lot of weeds growing in the yard. I will take care of it this weekend.

Well, here are a handfull of shots after I cut the yard earlier this week. I have a ways to go, but it is looking good so far. In a few of the shots, you can see how far ahead of the neighbors I am. I love yard work!

Spring Flowers Starting To Bloom
Starting To Green Up
Full Shot Of The Backyard
A View From The Deck
Both Sides Of the Driveway
I Am Ahead Of The Neighbors1
I am ahead of the neighbors2
I am ahead of the neighbors3
A View Of The Thunder Court

Nice!

Here are pics of my front yard after I mowed & edged this past weekend. There's a spot (on the right) that I sodded around Easter, those pieces are coming along nicely. I need to do something with the flower beds though, but I have no ideas...

Attachments

• yard 2.jpg
    yard 2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 20
  • yard 1.JPG
    yard 1.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 21
Unbelievable.......I came home yesterday and my neighbor had trimmed a row of my grass from the back yard.... (no fence between our homes).

I knew some was crazy, so I called him. The reason he did it was to take my green grass and spread it across his yard. Time to "regulate".......

To top it off, this dude cut my grass too low. :upset: :shame: :mad:

BTW, good job saniyya. Grass looks great. :tup:

Here are pics of my front yard after I mowed & edged this past weekend. There's a spot (on the right) that I sodded around Easter, those pieces are coming along nicely. I need to do something with the flower beds though, but I have no ideas...

Looking Good...... :tup:

Unbelievable.......I came home yesterday and my neighbor had trimmed a row of my grass from the back yard.... (no fence between our homes).

I knew some was crazy, so I called him. The reason he did it was to take my green grass and spread it across his yard. Time to "regulate".......

To top it off, this dude cut my grass too low. :upset: :shame: :mad:

Oh I would have been piss to came home see part of my yard mowed too low. Don't he know there is a reason for keeping your yard at a certain height. You start off low in the early spring and then as the seasons go you raise your mower to cut the yard at a higher level. By the middle of the summer you are at your highest height.

Looking Good...... :tup:

Oh I would have been piss to came home see part of my yard mowed too low. Don't he know there is a reason for keeping your yard at a certain height. You start off low in the early spring and then as the seasons go you raise your mower to cut the yard at a higher level. By the middle of the summer you are at your highest height.

I was super pissed, but I went to him and regulated. :shame:

Dammit Fi you're cheating! :slap: :mad:

Y'all got ALL the rain cornered in the SE part of the state mane. :mad: 40miles west of where I am up here and it's desert. :retard: I'm about to do like this one neighbor and rip up the sod and put rocks/pebbles in the yard like the folx in AZ and NM do.

Also, tell your son that I'm giving him a piss test when I return there. He's gained too much muscle mass in a short period of time. :emlaugh: (looking good man :tup: )

Also, tell your son that I'm giving him a piss test when I return there. He's gained too much muscle mass in a short period of time. :emlaugh: (looking good man :tup: )

They have them in the weight room doing a lot of lifting at school for football. I'm thinking about sending him to UT for one of their football camps next month.

They have them in the weight room doing a lot of lifting at school for football. I'm thinking about sending him to UT for one of their football camps next month.

Not a bad idea Fi. It's cool to visit but lets not sign there when it's time to graduate. :emlaugh: I told P88, Jr that he can do that Duke bball camp this summer and a UNC football camp that comes afterwards but don't let those dudes sing him a lullaby and have him verbally committing to attend either school when school cranks up in Aug. :slap:

What grade is your son in Fiyah? When you go to a big camp like UT, if you get noticed early, it can go a long way in recruiting.

I took some pics yesterday, I need to get them uplaoded, but I can't find the cord since we moved. LOL! As soon as I do I will post......

Ok. I found the cord....here are a few pics of the yard.

Side Yard

See the patches? I have these all over the front yard where they had to remove the gate they had around the home when it was the model.

Patch down the middle of the yard, they had to remove a sidewalk that connected two model homes.

Front Yard

Here is my assistant, LOL!

As you can see I have some work to do. I need to get rid of some of the brown patches, but most of that is dead grass. I mulch my clippings so I don't have those issues. Plus I have some new spots that are going to take some work to get them up to par. I have already did a round of turfbuilder. Next week I will add new grass seed and sand to get the rest growing like I want it. I like to get started on my yard in late Feb, March, so I am behind schedule with this house. It will still look great in the end.

Last edited:
What grade is your son in Fiyah? When you go to a big camp like UT, if you get noticed early, it can go a long way in recruiting.

He is a freshman........for some odd reason he loves Univ of Texas along with PV :D

That's what I'm thinking about him getting notice. With the number of seniors leaving his high school at his position he has a shot to make varsity as a sophmore. I told him if he will not get playing time it will be better to go to the JV team to get that playing time.

Back to the topic.......

I see you have got a plan for that yard, just stick with it and you will come out right for next season.

Fi, y'all muthafuggas cheating down here. :mad: I see how damned green everything is around here. :slap: Y'all been getting TONS of rain and we up north haven't been getting too much of nothing lately. :| I almost think if you have an established yard here, you don't have to weed/feed/dethatch/etc because the natural rain water appears to do it's job very well here. :|

*calling The Ohio State University Dept of Horticulture Ext and Texas A&M Ag Dept for tips on what chemical ratio (commercially avail) is required for the Dallas area soil* :|

I'm about to cheat too since y'all cheating w/ the rain. :|

No seriously, I am gonna try hard to fix my yard up. I know I can't plant anymore this season (as if I planted already) but the goal this summer is to keep the weeds down and move flowers around that the previous owner put there. I don't want any flowers and schitt in the back. Last year, I had a decent back yard but I chose not to rake my leaves up last year, thinking it would help fertilize the lawn.. .LOL big mistake. Those leaves just covered up the grass so it can't grow. This fall, I am gonna rake and plant. The previous owner loved flowers but there was no method to the madness...just flowers and bushes all over the place. I was workin on this big azz rose bush this past weekend. It's huge. I got stuck in the thorns and that tree picked me up. I couldn't get down and those thorns were killing me. (ok, just kidding again) but that bush is big and I had a hard time clearing it out with all dead limbs in there (confession: I have not touched that bush in the 4 years I been in that house)...It was like a jungle but I got it straight (but those thorns were kickin my azz). I got those weeds that look like trees. 6 feet high with the diameter of a quarter. But I made a lot of progress last weekend. Looking foward to going back out there this weekend.

The previous owner had some nice flowers but for instance, she had carnations out there but they just grow laying on the ground. their limbs are not strong so I have to figure out how to prop them up. I have never noticed them till this year. I don't go on that side of the house. (Remember: I don't cut my own grass).

Last edited:
Brave, I like the mix of shrubs and the landscape lights. I have pine straw mulch right now, and I plan to pull that out next summer. It will have to work this summer.

I cut my yard for the first time yesterday, and my grass looks great. I will drop some seed and fertilizer on some spots that they patched over, but so far so good.

Brave, I like the mix of shrubs and the landscape lights. I have pine straw mulch right now, and I plan to pull that out next summer. It will have to work this summer.

I cut my yard for the first time yesterday, and my grass looks great. I will drop some seed and fertilizer on some spots that they patched over, but so far so good.

I appreciate that Suge. This was my first attempt at an actual landscape project. Now, if I could just get rid of those sod lines in the grass, I would be okay.

Looks really great Braveman12! :tup: Keep up the good work man.

Suge, would it be cheating also if I consulted a company like <i>Tru Green?</i> I hope not lol. When I return to NTx, I'll post what I find and I hope the repaired sprinkler system is doing it's job along w/ the way ol' dude was directed to cut while I'm down south taking care of fam business. :(

Yall, I need help:

A relative cut my lawn for me & scalped my grass :upset: so now I have brown spots here and there.:shame: What can I do to get rid of them?

Also, I put sod in the backyard around Easter (the cheap/quickie way) by laying the squares ova the cut down weeds so now the weeds are popping up in the grass here and there. Any recommendations of a good weed killer that I can spray the yard with that won't kill the St Augustine grass or could I just use some Scotts Weed & Feed to take care of it?

Back