Wimbledon 2019

Sheesh, it was like folks forgot all about Serena during the Gauff hype. Folks be quick and ready to ship you out for the next one. lol

I don't think anyone that watches tennis forgot about Serena. What I do believe is folks were in total awe of the 15 year old upsets.

I don't think anyone that watches tennis forgot about Serena. What I do believe is folks were in total awe of the 15 year old upsets.

I agree. I think she was over hyped. And I can understand that (a 15 year old? Really?) I was in awe of Gauff also. But, I did not buy into all the hype. I did not think there was any way she could live up to that. I hope her coaches/parents are preparing her for Flushing Meadows, and to put London behind her.

Halep will try to run Serena around the court. If she does, she will win, Serena is not in top running around shape. She was still breathing heavy during her interview after the Alison Riske match.

Coco has lots of talent, she need experience. She run ended when I thought it would. Yall do know you can have more the one great tennis player at a time and not forget about anyone else. For example, Rafa, Roger, Novak, Andy.

The Men's final is set for Sunday:

SRB
N. Djokovic 1
vs

SUI
R. Federer 2

Djokovic eases aside Bautista Agut to reach sixth final

Novak Djokovic has brought Roberto Bautista Agut’s extended Wimbledon stag celebration to a halt, defeating the No.23 seed 6-2, 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 to reach the final here for the sixth time. The engaged-to-be married Spaniard was scheduled to be marking the end of his bachelorhood days on Ibiza with half a dozen mates. Instead the merry band thronged Bautista Agut’s player box with the intention of making Centre Court the most decorous party venue in history. With two wins over Djokovic already in 2019, Bautista Agut had a fine old time as he tested the defending champion, but after two hours and 49 minutes, this particular bash was done.

Federer edges Nadal to reach 12th final

Swiss sets up rematch with Novak Djokovic with victory over old rival in four compelling sets

Did it live up to its billing? Oh, yes. Was it as good as their 2008 Wimbledon final? No, but then again, that one was described as the greatest match ever played.

But did Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal do what they have been doing for the past 15 years and keep a worldwide audience enthralled from first ball till last? Oh, yes; a hundred times yes.

The two legends, GOATs, all-conquering champions – call them what you will – played the way that only they can, and only can against each other, for three hours and two minutes until Federer made his way into the final 7-6 (3), 1-6, 6-3, 6-4.

Halep will try to run Serena around the court. If she does, she will win, Serena is not in top running around shape. She was still breathing heavy during her interview after the Alison Riske match.

Coco has lots of talent, she need experience. She run ended when I thought it would. Yall do know you can have more the one great tennis player at a time and not forget about anyone else. For example, Rafa, Roger, Novak, Andy.

Halep made quick work of Serena this morning. 6-2 6-2 ......56 minutes.

Simona Halep played one of the matches of her life to beat Serena Williams 6-2, 6-2 to win the Ladies' Singles Championship on Centre Court in under an hour.

The Romanian fizzed around the court, keeping the ball in play and forcing errors from her more experienced opponent's racket. In two exhilirating sets, Halep made just three unforced errors. By contrast, Williams made 25.

Given their seedings - Halep is No.7, Williams No.11 - it could hardly be described as a shock result, but few expected the 23-time Grand Slam champion to be harried into so many mistakes in the opening set.

Nerveless Djokovic blocks out Federer and his fans to lift fifth trophy

https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/new...ederer_and_his_fans_to_lift_fifth_trophy.html

"Everyone was suffering," Novak Djokovic said after one of the great psychological thrillers on Centre Court. And yet, in matching Bjorn Borg's achievement of winning five Wimbledons, Djokovic revealed himself as the cyborg of the lawns.

How else to explain how he dealt with almost five hours of unspeakable tension? In his day, Borg was known for being an emotional flatliner, for remaining impossibly calm and poised in even the most trying of circumstances, such as playing against the ever-provocative John McEnroe. But you wonder whether Borg would have coped with this, a Wimbledon final that was decided with a tie-break at 12-12, not long after Djokovic had fended off Roger Federer's two Championships points.

The old people did not have a good weekend.
>:(

Halep played the match of her life and Roger choked.

Congratulations to all winners and almost winners on a great 2019 The Championships, Wimbledon!
:bow:
:clap:
:bow:

Back