Why not D2 for HBCU'S?

Someone asked me why I think HBCU's should go down to D2, I say besides APR Sanctions, Bans for miscellaneous reasons, a lack of institutional control, lack of facilities other than a stadium, the fact that the eligibility requirements don't match the mission of HBCU'S, the big one is Money.
According to the NCAA the avg. Net expenses to operate a athletic program in FCS is around $10 million, D2 is around $4 million (see attachment), none of our programs turn profits but yet we are still fighting to hold on to D1 status...why? Why keep being embarrassed, an after thought, a means to be exploited by promoters, companies, venues, etc. At such a heavy cost to our schools?

I want to hear a compelling reason of why besides pride and tradition...
Texas Terror, is that you?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This is a case of, "if we can't join them due to various extraneous reasons (finances, facilities, Title IX programs, etc.), the next best thing is make them move down to our level." I've never seen so many folks so hard press on making others take a step backwards just to be on their level. I'm sure if D2 was so economically successful for HBCUs, they wouldn't be creating these threads trying to DELUSIONALLY convince folks that D2 is this best thing for all HBCUs. They would reap their monetary benefits and keep it moving, but they rather waste their time telling others how good they supposedly have it at the D2 level. And what really gets me, when someone ask them for concrete evidence of their proposed ideas, they turnaround and ask them a bunch of questions in order to prove what they have proposed. Basically, Black folks with grand ideas, but want others to do the work for free in order to show how their ideas will work. I tell you, I didn't realize that the Section 8 mentality has manifested itself at some of our oldest and so-called most prestigious HBCUs. I guess the days of taking a peanut and creating all kinds of different products with it are long gone.

Back