Why is it Grambling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
SFC CLASSIC WASN'T BIG UNTIL THE ICON OF BCF OWNED IT. bluefield...errrr pv can have PQ. CHANGE THE NAME TO THE "cricket classic". THAT GAME WOULDN'T EVEN FILL BLACKSHEAR. :lmao: @ DEM TEXANS

That's right. We should cancel on 'em! :idea: Now that's a joke: SFC Classic PVU vs. PQ. :lmao:

I want to see some evidence that TSu

registered 5000 freshman this fall, If TexasSouthern has 8500 enrollment, what happened to the Junior and Senior class. Did they leave school or did TSU run out of funds. Something really dont sound right here. Can a brother get an answer to this question.:confused: :confused:

Originally posted by GramTigress
This thread is sad! C-leb, do you envy US so much you have to smack us about home game attendance? Sad. I attended TSU and it doesn't matter if y'all are champs are not, Houstonians do not RESPECT TSU. People look at me crazy when I say that I am going to a TSU home game....

Hell no I don't envy some tired ass athletic program like Grambling. One thing, I know and it's written all over this thread. Time and time again, I've said that Bill Thomas sucks, and our football team sucks but if we draw 9,200 to a home game with a pathetic record while on the same night, Grambling draws 6,900 and they are winning along with back to back conference championships you should draw with no questions.

My point of this thread is that Grambling (since I've been posting on this board) always boasted and bragged about how they draw and travel in droves wherever they go and how Texas Southern can't draw flies. Well, look at what's going on now.

We shouldn't have nobody in our stands with what our coaches have done this year yet the conference champs can't beat out our attendence.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Alcorn is smaller than Grambling and they don't have the same problem. Also, Alcorn does not have cities like Shreveport and Monroe surrounding it. Alcorn has Fayette and Port Gibson.

THE n.s.m. IS GETTING WORSER. >>>>>>>

OUR SCHOOL COLORS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS.
OUR UNIFORMS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS.
OUR STADIUM.....oops...never mind we got than one..
OUR SCHOOL IS IN THE CAPITOL OF THE STATE AND YOURS IS NOT.

Originally posted by C-LeB28

I've said that Bill Thomas sucks, and our football team sucks but if we draw 9,200 to a home game with a pathetic record while on the same night, Grambling draws 6,900 and they are winning along with back to back conference championships you should draw with no questions.

THE POPULATION OF THE CITY OF GRAMBLING IS AROUND 6K. WHAT IS THE POPUATION OF HOUSTON????

Y'all funnee.

<b>Bishop</b> was the original participator. The game drew over 40K+ annually. LOL@ Fumbling... :shame:

Cleb you read the question

now can you please answer it for me. How many freshman did TSU register this fall, once again I ask the same QUE.:rolleyes: :p :cool:

Originally posted by Panthro
Y'all funnee.

<b>Bishop</b> was the original participator. The game drew over 40K+ annually. LOL@ Fumbling... :shame:

YEAH RIGHT.... THEY MUST HAVE BEEN TAKING tigerprides FAN COUNTING CLASS.

Can we please end this.....

Let me say this. The "PIT" has never been known for its sell out (though it has happened and not just at a JSU game). If a tree falls in the woods and no one was there to hear it, did it make a sound? How 'bout this one, if a game was played at the "PIT" and no one was there to see it, did we still win? The answer to both are yes. If we depended on fair weather fans, then we would not be the ICON that we are. Now true, i would love to see more people at home games. I would travel to the games from Dallas, but my wife got me on lock down. Why is it that we are having this deep discussion about attendence, when at the end of the game it is the score board that counts. That is why we are Grambling. That is why we are the ICON.

Re: Cleb you read the question

Originally posted by CATMENDUE2
now can you please answer it for me. How many freshman did TSU register this fall, once again I ask the same QUE.

I have a request in with the Office of Recruitment to get the official count.

It humors me to see why our home attendance is such a big deal? Why can't either one of your sorry schools beat us in football. PV will be participating in a football game this weekend. So tell me why you all haven't had a winning season in over 10 years. Just answer me that? Why do you all suck so bad?

And Texas Southern...you're just a paycheck away from being shut down...so I think you all need to shut up. We're talking FOOTBALL here. Next you're going to say your colors look better than ours.

Anything to take the attention away from the fact that YOUR FOOTBALL PROGRAMS...from the top all the way to the trainers...SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

We see past your smoke screen. TELL ME WHY YOUR PROGRAMS SUCK!!! If your coach is such a dumb arse...why not fire him. Seems like his boss is even a bigger dumb arse. And I guess all of you dumb arse fans flock to watch a bunch of dumb and dumber dumb arses squander another game.

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI

THE n.s.m. IS GETTING WORSER. >>>>>>>

OUR SCHOOL COLORS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS.
OUR UNIFORMS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS.
OUR STADIUM.....oops...never mind we got than one..
OUR SCHOOL IS IN THE CAPITOL OF THE STATE AND YOURS IS NOT.

What does this have to do with ALL of your games being empty.

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE

And Texas Southern...you're just a paycheck away from being shut down...so I think you all need to shut up.

Why do you say that NN? Are our books out of order? Are we in a deficit? Is our enrollment taking a nose dive faster than R. Kelly's career? Are we having a press conference at 3:00pm today to clear up any audit findings? Please tell me how we are a paycheck from being shut down.

And Texas Southern...you're just a paycheck away from being shut down...so I think you all need to shut up.

Taken from the Houston Forward Times:

Earlier this year, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board approved TSU?s request to re-establish the School of Public Affairs. Under Dr. Woods? leadership, the school will work to add new programs, including the master?s and doctor of urban planning and environmental policy; incorporate the Mickey Leland Center for World Hunger and Peace and the Barbara Jordan Institute on Public Policy; and administer special activities such as a journal, Ralph Bunch lecture series, Barbara Jordan Public Service Colloquia, the He-Man Sweat Symposia, governmental agency relations, and public policy conferences.

Since 1947, Texas Southern University has provided a first class educational experience, offering over 120 baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral degree programs in eight schools and colleges. The University has assets exceeding $250 million....

So how are we one paycheck from shutting down?

It humors me to see why our home attendance is such a big deal? Why can't either one of your sorry schools beat us in football. PV will be participating in a football game this weekend. So tell me why you all haven't had a winning season in over 10 years. Just answer me that? Why do you all suck so bad?

We have fielded a full team with scholarships. You have had advantages to beat us. TSU just started to field full rides across the board so that's why the record is lopsided. That will change.

TELL ME WHY YOUR PROGRAMS SUCK!!! If your coach is such a dumb arse...why not fire him. Seems like his boss is even a bigger dumb arse. And I guess all of you dumb arse fans flock to watch a bunch of dumb and dumber dumb arses squander another game.

If you go across the board, your program is worse and you all field full rides across the board. Why is that? Have you even had a men's basketball team participate in the NCAA Tournament?
:confused:

I don't why you all even bother. NO matter what you say, GSU will still claim to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I think it makes them sleep better at night.

Will somebody please explain how Texas Southern is one paycheck from being shut down???:rolleyes:

Maybe he meant Grumbling:eek2:

TSU went through the same ish

As if Grambling was the only university in the SWAC facing the hammer:

In February 1998, when the Comptroller?s Texas School Performance Review (TSPR) began a review of Texas Southern University (TSU), the university was experiencing serious financial and management difficulties. Warnings by the State Auditor?s Office and the Texas Legislature had gone substantially unresolved. Subsequently, the Legislature stipulated TSU must rectify its long-standing financial problems or face takeover by one of the state?s university systems. The key to independence was ?substantial demonstrable progress.?

Financial Management. While there is still room for improvement, TSU has made substantial gains in preparing its Annual Financial Report and submitting it to the State Comptroller on time. The Comptroller?s staff will continue working with TSU to address those areas still needing attention for fiscal year 2001?s Annual Financial Report. But, TSU has clearly done considerable work in the last year to remedy the problems of the past.

What you all did is no different from what we are doing now. As far as FOOTBALL is concerned...WHY ARE YOU ALL LOSERS??? You still haven't answered that. Sweep around your own front door.

NN,

What part of all my posts when I said "Bill Thomas is the biggest joke in BCF" did you not get?

We have a surplus of $250M what about Grambling?

Our front door has been swept around. Who didn't know about or past problems?

Can you come any stronger?

At least find some article where it doesn't mention anything about progress we've made.

Oh that's right, there was one time in 1992 when we performed in Tokyo. Why don't you search for those..... again.

Don't Worry Be Happy

Maybe you all can take some of that 250M and apply it towards your image consultant. You all suck. I'm finished with this topic. TSU posting smiley faces around town. What a stretch.

Having rebounded from serious auditing concerns and precipitous enrollment declines, Texas Southern University wants to be known for more than its problems.

In what is being called the first image campaign in TSU's 55-year-history, the historically black university recently began blanketing the Houston area with images of smiling faces to try to convey a more positive message.

According to a June report from the state auditor's office, TSU must still improve its oversight of financial data entry, but has made substantial improvement in other areas. Enrollment, which peaked at about 10,000 in the mid-1980s and dropped to 6,000 in the mid-1990s, has steadily climbed back to more than 8,000.

Despite its recent successes, academic programs at TSU are often criticized for lax standards, and incoming students have among the lowest standardized tests scores in Texas.

No wonder you all have 10000 students. You're letting any old dummy in. I wonder how many actually graduate. Tell it to your fuzzy buddy Blu Panther. I'm sure he's close by jocking to you.

Re: Don't Worry Be Happy

No wonder you all have 10000 students. You're letting any old dummy in. I wonder how many actually graduate.

About 6,975 each year. Why do you ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back