Why is it Grambling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-LeB28

You are the ICON of BCF right?

You have a Superbowl MVP coaching your team right?

You are known from coast to coast right?

You are back to back SWAC Champions right?

You even have a 4 - 1 record right now right?

So why is it that you can only get 6,975 fans on campus for a home game?

Please post your smack about us over -------------------->

Please post band smack about the "Ocean" -------------------->

Please post Bill "Lamont" Thomas smack right ------------>

Originally posted by Suge
man..........it was Langston!

What's your story?

See.... this is what I'm talking about. I tell everybody about Bill Thomas and how much he sucks. But he is not a NFL Superbowl MVP that coaches at the rich and historic and proud ICON that is Grambling.

How is it that 4-1 Dug can only get 6,975 people to a HOME game and 1-4 Lamont can get just under 10,000 to a HOME game?

But Grambling has the tradition....

But Grambling has all the SWAC Champions....

But Grambling has a Superbowl MVP at the helm....

Have you thought about the location? Plus when you look at TSU's attendance what percentage of the attendance are students and what percentage are non students. This is one of many factors to look to at.

Location? Please.......

You are "classic" fans only. Dallas is only 2 hours away down the highway and they don't support it. We all know Shreveport is big city and they don't support it. Monroe is average sized and they don't support it.

Problem is that you got fans who rather watch SU athletics than GSU.

Why win if you ain't attracting anybody? If it was not for classics you would be broke.

Location does play a big part whether you admit it or not. And as far as the Shreveport or Dallas games I can only speak from my experience and the alumni supports both of these games.

And trust me Grambling would not be broke without these classics.

Blu Panther,
It seems you're posting just to be posting b/c that statement about Gram fans supporting SU athletics is simply ridiculous.

Naturally TSU "should" have more fans because you are in the city of Houston. We are located in the small town of Grambling. Plus the enrollment is only about 4900+ The majority of the fans are alumni. We have 4 home games this year. It takes a lot of money to rip and run down the road for each game...plus the high cost of rooms at the Bayou Classic and other trips people have spent money on i.e. Vegas, Dallas, Atlanta, etc. Like Suge said...it was Langston. The majority of the people will be at the J State game and Homecoming. There was still a large turnout on Grambling's side. Langston just didn't bring any fans. Why not ask Langston why they didn't bring any fans? Our side was full. We've never had to move a home game to another city just to get some revenue like TSU did when they moved our game to San Antonio.

So before you go throwing stones at us, please explain why TSU gets little to no love in the city of Houston. I never hear of students graduating from high school and wanting to attend TSU. I hear more about PV than TSU.

You can explain over there =========>

Gramalum,

Blu Panther jumps on any bandwagon. He is the epitome of a fuzzy rider. His posts are meaningless and doesn't know anything about Grambling football. He clings on to people who post about other schools like a baby sucking on a tit. You can ask anyone from SU about this. I wouldn't pay any attention to his rants. Maybe if you ignore him...like this...he'll go cling to someone eles's nutz!!!!

SU send help. Dr. Isaac Greggs..come get your boy. Oooops....my bad!!!!

Originally posted by gramalum
Location does play a big part whether you admit it or not. And as far as the Shreveport or Dallas games I can only speak from my experience and the alumni supports both of these games.

And trust me Grambling would not be broke without these classics.

Blu Panther,
It seems you're posting just to be posting b/c that statement about Gram fans supporting SU athletics is simply ridiculous.

That had to be the most pathetic excuse on why your fans and alumni will go to New Orleans, Las Vegas, Portland, etc... for a road game yet they won't even come to a HOME game in their own back yard?

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
I never hear of students graduating from high school and wanting to attend TSU. I hear more about PV than TSU.

So why would we be one of the largest HBCU's in the nation? Why did we enroll more than 5,000 freshmen this Fall? You're answers hold no merit. You are reaching.... and reaching hard at that.

We aren't the school with a Superbowl MVP for a head coach.

We aren't the school with a 4 - 1 record.

We aren't the school that has won back to back SWAC football titles.

With those three factors, you should be breaking attendence records.

We aren't the school that has NO other sporting events (NFL, NBA, MLB as well as two other NCAA Div. I programs down the street from our campus) in town.

Stop crying and answer the damn question.

Originally posted by Blu Panther
Dallas is only 2 hours away down the highway and they don't support it.

<font color=red> Even my brother, who is in high school and has no driver's license knows that Dallas is further than 2 hours from GSU. Post facts only please.</font color=red>

Problem is that you got fans who rather watch SU athletics than GSU. <Font color=red>False again. I live in BR and travel worldwide every weekend to follow Grambling. When you can name, names talk this then, with specifics.</font color=red>

Why win if you ain't attracting anybody? If it was not for classics you would be broke.<font color=red> Yet again -FALSE. You live in Make Believe Land. The classics would be broke without us. We officially are what it takes to start a classic, even in areas of the world where there are no HBCUs...ask the cities of Portland and Las Vegas. </font color-red>

FOOLISHMESS. CleB, glad to know GSU stats mean so much to you that you dedicate your free time to post threads about us. That's exactly what this tells us...we stay on your mind.

Originally posted by C-LeB28
We aren't the school that has NO other sporting events (NFL, NBA, MLB as well as two other NCAA Div. I programs down the street from our campus) in town.

Stop crying and answer the damn question.

I told you of one factor whether you chose to accept this answer is up to you. But I will say this ,we have many other factors that hinders our attendance such as alumni not staying in the same city after graduation and transportation (nearest airport 30 mins away).

Shoot we should be posing the question to you; "Why is it TSU"....
1......that you only had 10,000 in attendance when you are in a city that have millions
2......that more of your alumni don't attend your games when they stay right there in the city
3......that if Texas is suppose to be the Mecca of football why isn't your program the Mecca of the SWAC:idea:

Like you said before it's not smack; I'm just posing the questions!

Originally posted by JSTUS
That's exactly what this tells us...we stay on your mind.

That tell me that you stole that exact quote from a famous SU poster.

So you travel world wide from Las Vegas to Portland huh? :smh:

Hey Nasty Nupe bring up Japan ---------------->

That tell me that you stole that exact quote from a famous SU poster.

So you travel world wide from Las Vegas to Portland
huh? :smh:

Hey Nasty Nupe bring up Japan ----------------> [/B]

1......that you only had 10,000 in attendance when you are in a city that have millions
2......that more of your alumni don't attend your games when they stay right there in the city
3......that if Texas is suppose to be the Mecca of football why isn't your program the Mecca of the SWAC

These are 3 simple questions that needs three simple answers:

1) We are 1 - 4.

2) We have a dumb ass, idiotic, imbecile, clueless, airhead, anti-smart (did I already mention dumb?) head coach.

3) We don't win SWAC football titles remember, so why would the alumni come out and support a loser program?

3......that if Texas is suppose to be the Mecca of football why isn't your program the Mecca of the SWAC:idea:

Like you said before it's not smack; I'm just posing the questions!

And THERE it is! I will post more on this topic when I get home. :rolleyes:

Let's see:

back to back SWAC titles
+
current head coach who is an alumni as well as NFL ledgend
+
4 wins and 1 loss
+
most famous head coach in the history of the NCAA
+
world famous
+
our fans travel with us WORLDWIDE from Portland to Las Vegas
+
national TV exposure every year on NBC
+
have 22K seat stadium
+
acres upon acres upon acres of land
+
home game against school that's a guaranteed win
=
6,795 fans

Now TSU:

fake ass coach
+
1 win and 4 losses
+
tradition of a losing program
+
no football stadium to call our own (must borrow stadiums)
+
3 wins and 7 losses last year
+
one of the smallest budgets in the SWAC
+
lost three games in a row
=
9,205 fans

Alcorn is smaller than Grambling and they don't have the same problem. Also, Alcorn does not have cities like Shreveport and Monroe surrounding it. Alcorn has Fayette and Port Gibson. Gram is just sad.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Alcorn is smaller than Grambling and they don't have the same problem. Also, Alcorn does not have cities like Shreveport and Monroe surrounding it. Alcorn had Fayette and Port Gibson. Gram is just sad.

Hey TP, but they are the ICON of BCF!!!

With there rich and storied program they must have left the 8 off in front of the 6,975.

That had to be the most pathetic excuse on why your fans and alumni will go to New Orleans, Las Vegas, Portland, etc... for a road game yet they won't even come to a HOME game in their own back yard?

The point these guys are making about Grams attendance is "Location" has everything to do with . We don't have the numbers of alumni in our "backyard" like the city schools do. The majority of alumni and fan base are not within 30-45 min drive from the school. But when we take our show on the road, we do a very good job of drawing a crowd.

Oh I get it now.

GSU alum and fans would rather fly around the world to places like Portland and Las Vegas 1,000 to 2,000 miles to a football game rather than drive 200 to 300 miles to a home game.

I got it now.

Originally posted by JSTUS
You live in Make Believe Land. The classics would be broke without us. We officially are what it takes to start a classic, even in areas of the world where there are no HBCUs...ask the cities of Portland and Las Vegas.

why is it so important how many fans we have attending home games. It was stated that TX is the MECCA of football. So why does your team SUCK SO BAD??? Why don't high school students right there in Houston want to attend TSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back