Why I HATE bruno mars and his cronies...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Slide.....Yeah baby-babeee!!!!

Bruh, I was funk spoiled as a youngsta'. One of the members from Slave, the bassist and I think his name was Marc, would fly into htown and do some sessions w/ my uncle (who was w/ The Stylistics, Kool & The Gang, The Spinners, and The Whispers during those late 1960s/1970s stints) and his local-type group he was trying to float from Texas w/ Teaneck records (I think out of NJ). Unc is VERY talented and can play any instrument known to man smh. Oddly, his 2 sons are following in his footsteps w/ the ability to play everything. I really enjoy listening to them do their thing in a local studio. One time I got them krunk in church post service and starting doing the bass line to "Slide" and the next thing you know.... "SLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE" being BLASTED ALL UP IN THE CHURCH HOUSE!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D lmao A few ago, I got them all KRUNKED one mo' again and started w/ the bass line to "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" (y'all should know this ONE :D ) and BLAM!!!!! "Owner of a Lonely Heart" BLASTING in the church house lolololololololololololololololololololololololol :D :D :D :D :D .

This is what unc and kinfolk 'nem were playing in church as the old folks were trying to fellowship and leave the service :D . I was damned near in tears because the bass was turned up SUPER loud and the other guitar was rifting loud as hell and I could've sworn the whole building was swaying. :D Man I was damned near in tears killing myself laughing because they were just looking @ each other and jamming like crazy! Po' passa' didn't know what to say or do other than start clapping his hands lmao!

Watch out nah! I say WATCH OUT NAH YOUNGSTA'!!!!!!! Bruno whooooooooooooooooooooo? :D :D :D :D :D :D I'm about to go crank up these 12s w/ FUNK! Rattle every bolt out of dis '67 lol. :D

Awwwwwwwwwww shiggidity nah!!!!!! :D I blame LAW DAWG for my current FUNK episode!!!!!! Aw hell nah!!!!!! *standing up dancing* :D :D :D :D

Oh hell to naw-naw-naw....lol!!! This all on you...my house aint been the same for three days. You called Bruno out and a floodgate of memories let loose..lol. The misses wondering what heck done happen in here.....lol. Confunkshun, Barkays, Lakeside, Brick....etc...all up in the crib.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
@Bewildered, @PsychoJag, @BulldogM.Ed.23,

Guys it has been a funkdafied five days for me. The memories and the tracks that have flooded my brain over the last five days have been truly enjoyable. Bewild, although your initial post was complaint based look at what the thread morphed into..... a Funkdafied Anthology. PsychoJ & BulldogM I have enjoyed your part in this also. With all that said, I have to let go and get back on track, but the funk in me is here to stay.

One more final cut as my closing:

Last edited:
Can I do like Panthro used to do in the old Men's Forum and tell you guys a story? This is a true unadulterated story of how deep the funk is in me:

This church I served at in Memphis. On this particular Sunday they asked me to do the welcome. We had a guest mega church and pastor from Atlanta. It was beyond packed. I told them about Mark 2:2-12 and how a paralyzed man's friends got him through a crowd to get healed by Jesus by cutting a hole through the roof. I told them my name aint' George Clinton or Bootsy Collins but sometimes, you got to tear the roof off to get your blessing. My own Pastor didn't want me to do all of that. He didn't look too happy when I said it. He was one of those Pastor that didn't want anyone else to bring the house down but him. But the funk had hit me hard and the guest Pastor and everybody in the congregation loved it. He came back next year, talked about the same scripture and told everybody in the congregation that sometimes, "YOU GOT TO TEAR THE ROOF OF THE SUCKER, TEAR THE ROOF OFF THE MOTHER SUCKER!!! TEAR THE ROOF OFF THE SUCKER!!!

...and that's my funking story

Back