Why Can't the Genders AGREE On Sex?!

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Why can't males and females agree on why we have sex? If it is purely for sex, why can't we FREAKING agree?! If there are deeper feelings on either or both sides, why da f-ck can't we agree?! It seem's to me that if we could iron this out before we knock boots, it would make life much simpler for both parties.

It never ceases to amaze me how "we" (males and females) are usually not on the same page when it comes to sex! Males are usually (usually mind you) looking short term, and females are usually (usually mind you) looking more long term.

So why is it that males and females are almost never on the same page?!!!!!!!

:confused:

Why can't males and females agree on why we have sex?
Umm...good question. Sex? I guess if we want to discuss a particuar product (sex), we have first see what the product's manufacturer (God) says about it, since it was His original idea. I bet He'll tell us not only "why we have sex" but more importantly, "when we're to have sex.":)

Here's a taste: the Manufacturer's Manual says something like, "This product is only to be used with in the realm of marraige." - I think that's on page I Corithians 6:18;) Any man/woman who excepts this rule will be on one accord.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Sex is for procreation. it can and should be used for pleasure but. Many people take it the wrong way.

Religious perspective.

That is the optimal situation. If everyone adhered to what we should do, this would not be a question. Just like crime. The bible basically teaches us not to steal and not to kill. If we didn't do those things, there would be no need for jails, so I can appreciate that solution to the problem or answer to the question, however I would be curious as to what the answers are from the secular perspective.

Re: Religious perspective.

Originally posted by Bartram
That is the optimal situation. If everyone adhered to what we should do, this would not be a question. Just like crime. The bible basically teaches us not to steal and not to kill. If we didn't do those things, there would be no need for jails, so I can appreciate that solution to the problem or answer to the question, however I would be curious as to what the answers are from the secular perspective.

now ya see if we did get biblical or added moral implications to this we would come up with all types of problems with thi subject. Sex can be, and shoul be used for pleasure, and I am all for it:D . But its true nature is to procreate. Though other forms are just for pleasure:idea: (no I don't do what you all are thinking, so get ya mind out of the gutta, never in a million years :mad: ).

Now I may be repeating myself with this but; I feel that sex scan be and should be used for pleasure but, it is what and how we do things that causes problems for he opposite sex. One person may want to do one thing and one person would want to do another. We expect each other to be mind readers with this and that is what causes most of the problems right there. one personmay want a one night stand while the other would wat commitment attached with it. Some wan to do it one way some don't but how would you know wat te other person is thinking if you don't drop an obvious hint. But try to be descrete about it though, It helps.You are gonna have a person feel like :splat: if you tell them the wrong way.

I'll bite on it........

I think one of the reasons why men and women tend to be on different pages when it comes to 'sex', is becasue the 'mindsets' surrounding the direction of the 'relationship'(that evolves into sex) are usually totally different.....

And I'll start with us (men).

It seems to me that men are always seeking to 'conquer' sexual situations. We're always looking for the opportunity to have sex. Regarless of whether the man is married or not....We just do it.....It also doesn't really matter about the marital status of the women. Cause men will chase a married woman just as hard as they'll chase a single one. And I think alot of men do that, because it's just in our nature to do so. Testosterone is a powerful thing. The male ego drives him to look for ways to procreate. And procreate with as many willing females as possible. Let's look at the animal kingdom. Most sprecies are male dominated, and the male spends his life in search of opportunities to pass on his bloodlines. And the females, on the other hand, look to attract and keep the 'top' male in order to assure that her offspring survive, based on the genes from the dominant male.......And also in this arrangement, the male mates with several females, not just one.....So, from this, that argument can be made: are we meant to be monogamous? And I know the 'religous right' will jump in and say that Man was created in God's image and such and such. But if we look at the other life situations involving other animals, then we are truly in the absolute minority, when it comes to monogamy and procreation.

Now the practicality of all of this, is this: Men will always be looking for the opportunity to have sex with other women. It doesn't mean that the man doesn't love his wife. I think our 'nature' drives us to temptation.... The question then becomes, how do we deal with that temptation? Some men can deal with it rather well, and they stay and remain faithful to their wives, while other falls short and give into temptation occasionally. And then there are some that are just Hell-bent on getting it whenever they can.. I just think that it's in our nature to look for the opprotunity, even help create the opportunity, depending on the situation. Now that's either good or bad, depending on how you look at it, but it's the reality of the world we live in. Not only today, but throughout history as well......

A man's task is to find 'it', and a woman's task may be to keep 'it'. The classic struggle.........

Re: I'll bite on it........

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90
I think one of the reasons why men and women tend to be on different pages when it comes to 'sex', is becasue the 'mindsets' surrounding the direction of the 'relationship'(that evolves into sex) are usually totally different.....

And I'll start with us (men).

It seems to me that men are always seeking to 'conquer' sexual situations. We're always looking for the opportunity to have sex. Regarless of whether the man is married or not....We just do it.....It also doesn't really matter about the marital status of the women. Cause men will chase a married woman just as hard as they'll chase a single one. And I think alot of men do that, because it's just in our nature to do so. Testosterone is a powerful thing. The male ego drives him to look for ways to procreate. And procreate with as many willing females as possible. Let's look at the animal kingdom. Most sprecies are male dominated, and the male spends his life in search of opportunities to pass on his bloodlines. And the females, on the other hand, look to attract and keep the 'top' male in order to assure that her offspring survive, based on the genes from the dominant male.......And also in this arrangement, the male mates with several females, not just one.....So, from this, that argument can be made: are we meant to be monogamous? And I know the 'religous right' will jump in and say that Man was created in God's image and such and such. But if we look at the other life situations involving other animals, then we are truly in the absolute minority, when it comes to monogamy and procreation.

Now the practicality of all of this, is this: Men will always be looking for the opportunity to have sex with other women. It doesn't mean that the man doesn't love his wife. I think our 'nature' drives us to temptation.... The question then becomes, how do we deal with that temptation? Some men can deal with it rather well, and they stay and remain faithful to their wives, while other falls short and give into temptation occasionally. And then there are some that are just Hell-bent on getting it whenever they can.. I just think that it's in our nature to look for the opprotunity, even help create the opportunity, depending on the situation. Now that's either good or bad, depending on how you look at it, but it's the reality of the world we live in. Not only today, but throughout history as well......

A man's task is to find 'it', and a woman's task may be to keep 'it'. The classic struggle.........

Taylor-Made,
I believe that Bartram is looking for something deeper than the average "Man Want It, Women Keep It" Mentality. So, Lets Go a little deeper in thinking than that. OK.

:)

Here's what I think..

Communication... like you said we're on different pages. And even when in the pre-sex state, communication lacks. One is saying what the other wants to hear and not being truthful. And even when one is being truthful, the other is not hearing what is said. I think that is the majority of encounters. One may say something, but the other thinks "Oh I can change that" and sets out trying instead of accepting what was spoken. Then you get those "mixed signals" of saying one thing and doing another. Just downright confusing I tell ya. The best encounters are those with no strings attached because the communication is clear, "we're just in this" and then when that changes that's when the water is muddied. But I think if we could effectively communicate our feelings we could be on the same page.

Alright, A lil deeper.................

Originally posted by docmump

Taylor-Made,
I believe that Bartram is looking for something deeper than the average "Man Want It, Women Keep It" Mentality. So, Lets Go a little deeper in thinking than that. OK.

Okie Dokie.............

I think men and women (mostly) interpret the meaning and consequences of sex differently........I believe, and I'm no expert, that most men can very easily separate the 'physical' from the 'emotional'..... Now I also believe that women can do this as well, with the difference possibly being that men can hold onto the 'separation' longer than women tend to.

An example. Luke meets Laura (fictional names).
They both like each other, and enjoy being in each other's company. Laura may genuinely like Luke and looks at his 'potential' as a partner or mate. Now Luke likes Laura, too. She's beautiful, and very sexy, and compliments him when they're out. Luke is looking to have sex......Luke was willing to have sex with Laura probably from the jump. While Laura takes time to get to know Luke before making the decision about being intimate.......And therein lies the dilemna....The guys seemingly have a lower 'acceptance' level when it comes to sex, than women do.....

Men are seemingly always more willing to have sex, than women... I think there's more thought given to sex, by women, than by men...Not saying that men don't think about it first, we do. We just don't have to think about it long.....

Another example......

A group of guys are in a room. The guys are all strangers. Nobody knows anybody.....But if a sexy-looking woman walks into the room, and then leaves, everybody's mind would be on the same thing......And the guys would get to talking about the woman.......And if the tables were turned, women would do the same thing......... But check it.......If that same woman came back into the same room, in a bathrobe, and naked underneath, and said she'd have sex with any man in the room, right then.......you'd have a room full of naked men waiting in line to have sex with this woman......A woman they don't even know.....The men wouldn't even hesistate....Wouldn't think twice.... But if a good-looking man walked into a room full of women, and was wearing some Speedos, and said he wanted to have sex with any woman in the room....Nobody would be move......Yeah, they might THINK about it, but nobody would do it.....especially in front of the other women.........

That's the difference.....Men are quick to 'pull the trigger'.....:D

That's why they call some of 'em 'Quick-Draw McGraw'.......

nevaehinvesting, here's why come.

Welp, nevaehinvesting, it is statistically improbable that 100% of the humans on this earth will adhere 100% to biblical/moral teachings. In fact, I would argue that the bible itself says that there will be "sin" if you will.

I would contend, further, that we live in an extremely heterogeneous society/world and as such, the secular component of that world needs to be studied/explored/analized for better understanding and more informed decision making in the abscense of strict, blindly adhered to doctrine/dogma of any sort.

Third, maybe a combination of moral conviction AND access to as much information as possible is of more benefit in terms of knowledge, learning and sound decision making than to settle for moral conviction alone based on the realities of the real world. That does not mean, however, that the moral option is not the best option. As you say, if you don't do it, it's not a problem, end of story, uh-show me da broom stick and the white picket fence house/kids/dog,,,,,,, but we know that ain't gonna be the case 100% of the time, so my request for the secular view covers that other percentage, see? :idea:

Re: nevaehinvesting, here's why come.

Welp, nevaehinvesting, it is statistically improbable that 100% of the humans on this earth will adhere 100% to biblical/moral teachings. In fact, I would argue that the bible itself says that there will be "sin" if you will.

I would contend, further, that we live in an extremely heterogeneous society/world and as such, the secular component of that world needs to be studied/explored/analized for better understanding and more informed decision making in the abscense of strict, blindly adhered to doctrine/dogma of any sort.

Third, maybe a combination of moral conviction AND access to as much information as possible is of more benefit in terms of knowledge, learning and sound decision making than to settle for moral conviction alone based on the realities of the real world. That does not mean, however, that the moral option is not the best option. As you say, if you don't do it, it's not a problem, end of story, uh-show me da broom stick and the white picket fence house/kids/dog,,,,,,, but we know that ain't gonna be the case 100% of the time, so my request for the secular view covers that other percentage, see? :idea:

WOW!!!!!!

To "the rest of the replies",,,

So many points well made. I can only add that I think there is a social component (esp in the black race) that further complicates matters.

There is tremendous pressure on the black male to "be da man". There is tremendous pressure on the black female to get a man. Then,,,,,, there's just plain, old-fashioned hormons, testosterone, egos, experimenting, jealousy, you name it.

Dude's comments on the animal kingdom though; how classic is that?! :lmao: It's true. I would point out, however, that there are certain analogies in the animal kingdom where the MALE is the "faithful one" and the female is the "dog".

What about that male bird that tends the eggs while the female is free to go about her way or the fish where the male stays to guard the nest/offspring and the female goes off to lay more eggs? See hyena for another example also. Some female species also mate with multiple males to ensure they have the best chance of getting the best genes for their offspring.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
My opinion

The fact that we seem to have excepted comparing ourselves to dogs, rabbits, animals, etc tells us how mindless and Godless our society has become. We were made in the image of God.

Everyone messes up but I hope that no one has bought into the lie that, "I have to be sexually immoral because I'm only human." - that's a lie! The problem is not that some of us have TOO MUCH TESTOSTRERONE, the real problem is that some of us have TOO LITTLE OF GOD.

To answer the original question of why men and women can't agree on sex, the answer is simply: "One, or both of them have not yet agreed with God on the subject."

Come Judgement Day, Our Father is going to be very upset at how we've treated His daughters.

Re: To "the rest of the replies",,,

So many points well made. I can only add that I think there is a social component (esp in the black race) that further complicates matters.

There is tremendous pressure on the black male to "be da man". There is tremendous pressure on the black female to get a man. Then,,,,,, there's just plain, old-fashioned hormons, testosterone, egos, experimenting, jealousy, you name it.

Dude's comments on the animal kingdom though; how classic is that?! :lmao: It's true. I would point out, however, that there are certain analogies in the animal kingdom where the MALE is the "faithful one" and the female is the "dog".

What about that male bird that tends the eggs while the female is free to go about her way or the fish where the male stays to guard the nest/offspring and the female goes off to lay more eggs? See hyena for another example also. Some female species also mate with multiple males to ensure they have the best chance of getting the best genes for their offspring.

Bartram I agree with your comments about Birds. True, some species of Birds have it that the male is the faithful one.

what I do disagree with you is the comment that men have "da man" comment about Sex. For Example: What about the Man who is married to the Woman and is "faithful" to her. But he want Sex every night and every morning. The Wife is happy with Sex once every other day." Sexual confusion exsist but there is no competition to be the man in this situation.

We discussed a subject in Church this Sunday. Relationalship Honesty. Until we, Male and Female become Relationalship Honest aobut Sex, we will continue to be confused.

But Remember
God is not the Author of confusion.

No matter what happens,,,

tells us how mindless and Godless our society has become. We were made in the image of God.

"mindless" is neither here nor there. Just because ther are different views doesn't mean they are "mindless" if they don't match one or the other. You have to have a mind to even rationalize things, so scratch that from the record.

"Godless" may be a component which we have already agreed on. I have already acknowledged that we are dealing with the religious perspective AND the secular perspective.

"I have to be sexually immoral because I'm only human." - that's a lie! The problem is not that some of us have TOO MUCH TESTOSTRERONE, the real problem is that some of us have TOO LITTLE OF GOD.

Maybe not that you have to be sexually immoral because you are human, but as humans, you are going to have the natural sex drives of humans. Now. How you choose to channel that (moral sex or "immoral" sex) is where the problems arise.

Those are nice sound bites and good doctrine/dogma, but they are not 100% realistic nor do they reflect reality. BUT,,,, here-in lies another problem; I would say that the catholic priests "have plenty of God", but that didn't stop some of them from molesting little boys,, but then you would contend that, "well, nope, nope, they really are not Godly people!", that they really don't have God! WHO'S TO FREAKING SAY?!! I could say that, SURELY, these men had God, but they ran into a moment of weakness (AS THE BIBLE SAYS WE ALL WILL, right?) and they simply made a freaked up decision. The same with sex outside marriage but on a different level! Not to single out Catholics because there are countless examples of baptist preachers(deacons, deaconesses, furvent bible thumpers, you name it) who you would think have plenty of God but just make bad decisions as humans! But here again, you would simply say, "uuuuh, they're not really Godly", end of story, out. I would say, they are human. So they were not built in the image of God since they made bad decisions orrrrrrr???

Also, if we are built in the image of God, then we should be perfect and not sin, right? Ok, well, no,,, we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. That will probably happen again and will consist of sex outside perscribed religious specifications, so what is the SECULAR side of this is the jist of my original question.

Now THIS,, goes to something else I said; PEOPLE, HUMANS, CAN RATIONALIZE ANYTHING!!! That's why to attempt to discuss this on strictly a religious front ONLY is not realistic nor will it cover every situation and present the most information to the widest cross-section of humans.

To answer the original question of why men and women can't agree on sex, the answer is simply: "One, or both of them have not yet agreed with God on the subject."

Yes, that's one answer definitely, but I don't see where additional answers and information is a bad thing or unwarranted.

Additionally, now hold it,,,

[/B]what I do disagree with you is the comment that men have "da man" comment about Sex. For Example: What about the Man who is married to the Woman and is "faithful" to her. But he want Sex every night and every morning. The Wife is happy with Sex once every other day." Sexual confusion exsist but there is no competition to be the man in this situation. [/B]

First, I did not say or mean "competition", I said there is social pressure in black society, generally speaking, to be the man that can pull the honies, have as much sex as possible. This is what I think contributes to much of the decision making among black males and black females; black females in the sense of thinking that crossing that line "just this once" with a guy will lead to the ultimate moral situation of marriage, which usually is not the case. I would not stop there though. I would contend that some females, like some males, simply like having sex, like playing the game and are not following religious doctrine as you would contend. That's life.

But now other than that, you mean to tell me, you would not agree with me, that (and here's what I said) black society (music, media, etc) don't exert pressure, subliminal imagery (if you will), promote the black male as having to "be da man"????????

How many black males grew up in sports, et al, where much of the social exposure was parties, "chasin' da honies", "getting the girls", "mackin",, etc?

Surely you would concure that just about 80% of all our music is sexually oriented(Rap, R&B, blues, you name it), that black males are oft times portraid in media as sex symbols. Look at all the predominantly black movies. Would you say that there are more movies/sitcoms that promote strictly benevolent black male images? Again, that's what I meant by "tremendous pressure from society to be da man".

Of course Preists, Presidents, Roomates, You, Me etc all 'sin', but only some are looked at by God as 'sinners.' The difference is in these 2 categories and will answer why people don't agree on sex:

Look at situation 1:
1) God says "don't be sexually immoral"
2) I mess up and fornicate
3) I repent and remeber the "more than conquerors" & "I can do all things" scriptures and try harder.

That's one situation

Look at situation 2:
3) I immediately quote to myself the "all have sinned & fallen short" scriptures which keeps me comfortable and continue to except a lie that immorality is to expected because I'm human. Or, I form my 'own personal' views instead of following God's.

That's a totally different situation.

Situation 1 I feel can agree about sex because they're going in the same direction of messes up / then repenting, not being perfect, but trying & going in the same direction.

Situation 2 seems to be the larger of the groups in our society & Even contains some Christians. This group will allow for debate & everyone's 'personal views' on the subject of sex and will cause swacpage topics like this one to be created. So.......again I say
"One, or both of them have not yet agreed with God on the subject."
The best thing you can tell a secular person is that he/she doesn't have to be secular anymore so pass this on to everyone you know living with 'secular' point of views & tell them to get out of category 2 above and get into category 1 so the Genders can agree on sex. (plenty of room in category 1)

Remember, p.s.
Come Judgement Day, Our Father is going to be very upset at how we've treated His daughters.

Nevaehinvesting, you're alright with me!!!

Yes, we are in the flesh. Flesh wrestles against the spirit and spirit the flesh! Yes, we all are capable of sinning, but I'm tired of us humans using that as an excuse when we want to sin!!! As Christians, we are to be Christ-like, we strive to be perfect. No, carnally, pure perfection will not be obtained, but spiritually, in striving to do what is right, we will be made perfect.

Being in the flesh, we all have those sexual drives. In my day to day abstaining, it's hard, but I pray constantly for strength. If a guy is interested, I let him know up front what the deal is. Not for a show or to impress anyone, but to let him know, so he then can make up his mind...do you want to be with someone who is not going to have sex with you...or just say your byes now and move on!!! Neither of our time should be wasted. I will know when God sends me the correct mate. We will be equally yoked! The operative phrase!

No one is judging these men of the cloth...but a tree is known by the fruit it bears!

Viewing this subject in a religious manner is being realistic...one sided, but realistic. Where and when do you see God straddling(sp) the fence in a situation?

What's happening after all is said and done?

Of course Preists, Presidents, Roomates, You, Me etc all 'sin', but only some are looked at by God as 'sinners.'

huh? And which ones would that be??? First, you say you must have God. Then I say, well preist probably, generally speaking, have more God than the average being. You said this, now you say it's God's call now that we see that having God does not mean, 100%, that you(we, whoever, you know what I mean) don't make bad decisions.

Look at situation 1:
3) I repent and remeber the "more than conquerors" & "I can do all things" scriptures and try harder.

Ok,,,, and then,,,

That's one situation
Look at situation 2:
3) I immediately quote to myself the "all have sinned & fallen short" scriptures which keeps me comfortable and continue to except a lie that immorality is to expected because I'm human. Or, I form my 'own personal' views instead of following God's.

Both of the senarios you give here all boil down to one thing in everyday life; humans ultimately making a decision. Also, in your first scenario, when it happens again, then what? Ok, you repent again.

In your second situation, if it is a lie, then why isn't every person perfect? Why isn't everyone moral? It's not that it is absolutely expected of EVERY person, BUT, at the same time, not EVERY person is going to be moral, so it is not a lie given the human situation. As I said, the human mind can and will rationalize anything, both from the religious perspective and the non-religious perspective. As such, there is information beyond the religious perspective to be exposed to.

Situation 1 I feel can agree about sex because they're going in the same direction of messes up / then repenting, not being perfect, but trying & going in the same direction.
Situation 2 seems to be the larger of the groups in our society & Even contains some Christians. This group will allow for debate & everyone's 'personal views' on the subject of sex and will cause swacpage topics like this one to be created. So.......again I say
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"One, or both of them have not yet agreed with God on the subject."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would say that it is understood that there is a definite right and wrong God component here. Everyone knows that. There is more than one way to deal with the sitiuation, and one of them is through understanding more than the religious perspective because it is aparant from simple reality that there are large segments of the population that do not think in lock-step along the lines of religious doctrine/dogma given here.

Additionally, to situation one above, are you saying even in the case of marriage that if you, "can agree about sex because they're going in the same direction of messes up / then repenting, not being perfect, but trying & going in the same direction." that it's all good and even though that's a sin, humans in that situation are not "viewed by God as sinners"? That seems no different than using the, "all have sinned" rationale.

The best thing you can tell a secular person is that he/she doesn't have to be secular anymore so pass this on to everyone you know living with 'secular' point of views & tell them to get out of category 2 above and get into category 1 so the Genders can agree on sex. (plenty of room in category 1)
Remember, p.s.
quote:

The best thing you can do is provide information to everyone. Information from religious doctrine to secular realities so that people will be informed to the greatest extent possible. The religious aspect can provide fundamental basis for right and wrong. Additional information can inform about what happens when you take chances, try to manipulate, entrap, influence, what the pros and cons are when you are thinking about having fun, how people are affected by going through the game over and over, how it impacts the community/society in everyday life. Additional information could point out how situations can really go bad and lead to crimes of passion, unwanted pregnancies, STDs, lost friendships. Mainly, additional information could lead to learning about alternatives, including religion, but given that people are not going to conform, and that there are existing situations ongoing,,, additional information could lead to alternatives like simply being more honest in situations that could go either way.

Come judgement day, is our Father going to be very upset at how some of his daughters have played both sides of the fence? How some of his daughters have done the exact same thing that his sons have done? Gender has no bearings on the actions of humans. His daughters are not some how more divine than his sons. Generally, this specific case we are talking about, there is a mutual decision made.

Where and when do you see God straddling(sp) the fence in a situation?
God doesn't straddle the fence, but humans are not God either. Even in the image of God, humans are all over the map. That's reality. Just look around.

I love this discussion.
huh? And which ones would that be???
Both of the senarios you give here all boil down to one thing in everyday life; humans ultimately making a decision. Also, in your first scenario, when it happens again, then what?
In your second situation, if it is a lie, then why isn't every person perfect? Why isn't everyone moral? It's not that it is absolutely expected of EVERY person, BUT, at the same time, not EVERY person is going to be moral, so it is not a lie given the human situation. Ok, you repent again.
Question: How can everybody sin but only some be looked at as sinners in God's eyes??? Like this:
A light bulb appears red when looked at through a red lens.
A light bulb appears blue when looked at through a blue lens.
This happens because the light takes on the color of the image placed in front of your eyes so that no longer do you see the light how it WAS, but rather how it NOW appears.

When God looks at a Christian, He's looking through the blood of Jesus. No longer does He see a Christian as he/she is in their Unrighteousness, but rather He sees them as Jesus IS in His Righteousness. No longer does God focus on your obvious imperfections, He instead focuses on Jesus' perfections and sees you as He sees His Son. We go to Heaven because we're Perfect. We're not Perfect because we don't sin, we're perfect because the Righteousness of Christ has been placed IN US through our Faith IN HIM. Remember, "We died with Him, we're raised with Him, and we'll be Glorified as joint heirs with Him." Imperfect people need a perfect Saviour to Justify us. If you don't have Jesus, your sins are not taken care of in God's eyes regarding salvation, of course.

So, if you have Jesus you WILL still sin, but you're NOT looked at as a sinner because He immediately represents you to the Father. Vice versus in you DON'T have Him. That's how some carry the label 'sinner' and some don't.
I would say that it is understood that there is a definite right and wrong God component here. Everyone knows that. There is more than one way to deal with the sitiuation, and one of them is through understanding more than the religious perspective because it is aparant from simple reality that there are large segments of the population that do not think in lock-step along the lines of religious doctrine/dogma given here.
More than one way to deal with it???
God's way = right, Holy, pleasing to Him.
The other ways = STDs, Abortions, Imperfect, Compromise, Me using you, You using me etc.
Sex is the PRODUCT.
God is the MANUFACTURER.
Why are we trying to formulate silly people opinions on this subject instead using the MANUFACTURER'S MANUAL?
The above is the example God has given us. When not followed, we have - TODAY.
Two people agreeing with God will be ahead of most of the game because they'll wait until they get married to have sex and won't have all of the many problems/issues that come along with fornicating

By the way, you're right that God is not pleased with not only men but also women who do wrong but as I said, it pays to have a Right to correct you Wrongs.

God doesn't straddle the fence, but humans are not God either. Even in the image of God, humans are all over the map. That's reality. Just look around.
The scriptures says that we'll all sin. That scripture is in the Bible to encourage when we do sin and let us know that it's not the end of the world. However, people use that scripture not for encourage to do better, but rather to remain comrfortable where they are, excepting the same ole sins. That scripture is used by some 'christians' to clear their conscience & so it's easy to stop even trying to live right. We're not God but He Does live in You, if you're a Christian. Just look around, if some imperfect humans are using God to keep them strong, why aren't others. That's the whole point of having Him.

As you said, there's more than way to deal with this and other issues so this decision that needs to be made is:

1) God's Way 2) Your Way

Circle one when you come to issues in life.

I'm also liking the discussion, but I'm about the whip-out the big spoon and 'stir' the pot sump'n awful.........

Originally posted by nevaehinvesting
We were made in the image of God.

This is my question: Who said you were made in the image of God? If you base your answer on what's written in the Bible, then I ask this question: Who wrote the Bible? Men...... And logic would suggest that if ordinary men(supposed scholars) wrote the books that make up the Bible, then it would make sense that they insist that man was created in God's image. It would assinine to suggest anything else......I won't venture any further until I get a response from one of you guys. Whaddayu think? Are you a blind believer that the Bible is indeed the true word of God?

Don't be like :eek2:

nevaehinvesting:

My opinion

The fact that we seem to have excepted comparing ourselves to dogs, rabbits, animals, etc tells us how mindless and Godless our society has become. We were made in the image of God.

Everyone messes up but I hope that no one has bought into the lie that, "I have to be sexually immoral because I'm only human." - that's a lie! The problem is not that some of us have TOO MUCH TESTOSTRERONE, the real problem is that some of us have TOO LITTLE OF GOD.

We need more males that think like you. If we put God first everything else will fall into place.

Back