Why Can't the Genders AGREE On Sex?!

Thanks JSUII.

Taylor-Made'90
This is my question: Who said you were made in the image of God? If you base your answer on what's written in the Bible, then I ask this question: Who wrote the Bible? Men...... And logic would suggest that if ordinary men(supposed scholars) wrote the books that make up the Bible, then it would make sense that they insist that man was created in God's image. It would assinine to suggest anything else......I won't venture any further until I get a response from one of you guys. Whaddayu think? Are you a blind believer that the Bible is indeed the true word of God?
Men literally wrote down what God Himself told led them to write down. If you don't believe that the Bible is the True Word of God, which it is, than we'll have a whole other conversation. Just because God used men to physically write down on paper, what He spiritually ordained in Heaven, doesn't mean that we're to credit man with God's work. That would be giving man waaaaaay too much credit.

Think about it, the greatest most intelligent writers in human history at best could only sell a few millions copies of their books. I'd guess that the record would be 20 or 30 million copies sold for the best writer.
Now, how could these "simple" men with no superiority characteristics write a book by themselves that's probably sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 copies??? That's not to mention the millions of books written ABOUT our Bible. Men's work alone??? I think not. No.

Wisdom + Knowledge + Truth + Prophesies + Relationship w/Him = Only God = Bible.

Not eeked!!!!

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90
I'm also liking the discussion, but I'm about the whip-out the big spoon and 'stir' the pot sump'n awful.........

This is my question: Who said you were made in the image of God? If you base your answer on what's written in the Bible, then I ask this question: Who wrote the Bible? Men...... And logic would suggest that if ordinary men(supposed scholars) wrote the books that make up the Bible, then it would make sense that they insist that man was created in God's image. It would assinine to suggest anything else......I won't venture any further until I get a response from one of you guys. Whaddayu think? Are you a blind believer that the Bible is indeed the true word of God?

Don't be like :eek2:

Taylor-Made'90 I believe you are missing what "We" Christians believe about the Bible. 1. We believe it to be written by man but devinely inspired by God. God is the Author, man is just the typewritter. 2. The Word of God is true without any mixture of error to it.

To answer your question. I am not a blind believer but a believer that has Faith that the bible is indeed the word of God.

Do I believe there are more devinely inspired works other than the Bible????? Yes, I do.

:D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Right, wrong, logic, saving yourself.

I love this discussion.

Me to.

When God looks at a Christian, blood of Jesus. No longer does He see a Christian as he/she is in their Unrighteousness, but rather He sees them as Jesus IS in His Righteousness. No longer does God focus on your obvious imperfections, He instead focuses on Jesus' perfections and sees you as He sees His Son. We go to Heaven because we're Perfect. We're not Perfect because we don't sin, we're perfect because the Righteousness of Christ has been placed IN US through our Faith IN HIM. Remember, "We died with Him, we're raised with Him, and we'll be Glorified as joint heirs with Him." Imperfect people need a perfect Saviour to Justify us. If you don't have Jesus, your sins are not taken care of in God's eyes regarding salvation, of course.

So, if you have Jesus you WILL still sin, but you're NOT looked at as a sinner because He immediately represents you to the Father. Vice versus in you DON'T have Him. That's how some carry the label 'sinner' and some don't.

Let's take a Christian in a moment of sinning. Take the example upon which this thread originated, sex in a way not perscribed by the bible. What's going through the mind of a Christian when the decision to have sex is made? We are not perfect and we all sin and inevitably there are people, even "true" Christians, among all the people on this earth, that may have immoral sex. Just what exactly goes through their minds in the moments before making the decision to commit the act? Do they think about what you said above and proceed? If so, then isn't that precisely what you railed against in your previous scenarios? It sure seems like it to me. In this senario I just gave, they are not "sinners" huh?

Here-in lies a problem in the way life is rationalized from this perspective. All the doctrine and dogma you recite is contradictory and inevitably raps around on itself and ends up being exactly what I mentioned in previous replies; situations where the human mind, even the Christian human mind (as you label it), ultimately uses doctrine and dogma to rationalize making a bad decision. This is exactly the same as what you say is done in your "situation 2".

To the comments above, yes, that's true according to the particular religious doctrine that's perscribed, however given that even Christians "sin", make bad decisions, there is an imperfect reality, a price that is payed in reality which affect people adversely. In stead of defaulting to doctrine and dogma to justify sinning and not being a "sinner" in God's eyes, perhaps we should acknowledge the various religions and teachings as moral compasses and combine that with simple logic and a concern for how we treat other people.

Humans, especially Christians, in the senario above know which decision is morally wrong, right? What about what is LOGICALLY wrong? What about having a better understanding of how a wrong decision will affect another human? Although religious doctrine is the foundation of right and wrong, humans make it vastly more subjective and illogical because of the countless interpretations. Along with self-salvation, there should be a component of "doing the right thing" and simply treating other humans right by making the right decision based on your religious foundation AND simple logic.

More than one way to deal with it???
God's way = right, Holy, pleasing to Him.

Yes, that's true, but humans at one point or another don't always adhere to God's way.

The other ways = STDs, Abortions, Imperfect, Compromise, Me using you, You using me etc.
Sex is the PRODUCT.
God is the MANUFACTURER.
Why are we trying to formulate silly people opinions on this subject instead using the MANUFACTURER'S MANUAL?

Sex is a naturally human function that humans have to deal with one way or the other. God is the creator of the universe. Jesus is his son. Everything that comes from people is opinion and/or faith and human rationale, even religious thought. The reason we have discussion is to gain information and insight. What we choose to do with the information and insight is on us ultimately, so I see no problem with information, insight, people's opinions or however it is referred to.

The above is the example God has given us. When not followed, we have - TODAY.
Two people agreeing with God will be ahead of most of the game because they'll wait until they get married to have sex and won't have all of the many problems/issues that come along with fornicating

Two people can logically conclude that sex would not be prudent given the circumstances and realities of life also. Having a logical basis for decision making in addition to a fundamental religious foundation (if you have one, so much the better) can't be no worse than blindly quoting doctrine that says even if you make the wrong decision, your this or that and will be saved which is all that ultimately matters. Maybe, logically, you can be equiped with additional information to make the right decision.

but as I said, it pays to have a Right to correct you Wrongs.

I think understanding fundamental religious principles, thinking logically and having the most information (religious and secular) possible help make the best decisions in situations where humans must choose between right and wrong, good/bad decsion. I don't think reciting religious rhetoric, having religious labels and professing a you're this or that is the end all be all to dealing with reality, real world situations, and in some cases that only we as individuals (and God) know in our hearts/minds,,, rather or not we going to heaven.

The scriptures says that we'll all sin. That scripture is in the Bible to encourage when we do sin and let us know that it's not the end of the world. However, people use that scripture not for encourage to do better, but rather to remain comrfortable where they are, excepting the same ole sins.

I said the same thing from another angle above.

That scripture is used by some 'christians' to clear their conscience & so it's easy to stop even trying to live right. We're not God but He Does live in You, if you're a Christian. Just look around, if some imperfect humans are using God to keep them strong, why aren't others. That's the whole point of having Him.

If you have to use God to keep you strong, so much the better. If logic and access to more information that's not religion-based helps, so much the better ultimately. And even at that, people are going to make decisions all over the map until the end of time.

As you said, there's more than way to deal with this and other issues so this decision that needs to be made is:

1) God's Way 2) Your Way

Circle one when you come to issues in life.

When anybody, including Christians, fall short, that's "their way", not God's way, and it impacts other people today.

God's way may or may not be the fundamental foundation for human decisions. Reguardless, how bout also using:
1) Logic
2) Common sense
3) Concern for how the decision will affect others

Let's take a Christian in a moment of sinning. Take the example upon which this thread originated, sex in a way not perscribed by the bible. What's going through the mind of a Christian when the decision to have sex is made? We are not perfect and we all sin and inevitably there are people, even "true" Christians, among all the people on this earth, that may have immoral sex. Just what exactly goes through their minds in the moments before making the decision to commit the act? Do they think about what you said above and proceed? If so, then isn't that precisely what you railed against in your previous scenarios? It sure seems like it to me. In this senario I just gave, they are not "sinners" huh?
My scenarios don't conflict with each other, they compliment each other.
All Previous Scenarios = Christian's recognize that God can help them to live right, we should find out what God says on a particular subject and agree with that, 3) We Fall Down - We get up, We Fall down - We get Up, We Fall down - We get up ?..a Saint is one who sins (like a sinner) but who also is forgiven of all their sins 100%. We're not perfect, hence Jesus, but you'll be able to tell a tree by it's fruit in due time. Christians' lives aren't perfect, just forgiven, and I'm not saying that this fact gives anyone a license to sin.

I believe that's what my scenarios said but copy / paste pieces of my post that contradict.
Here-in lies a problem in the way life is rationalized from this perspective. All the doctrine and dogma you recite is contradictory and inevitably raps around on itself and ends up being exactly what I mentioned in previous replies; situations where the human mind, even the Christian human mind (as you label it), ultimately uses doctrine and dogma to rationalize making a bad decision. This is exactly the same as what you say is done in your "situation 2".
Uhhhh??I pretty much just disagree.

In stead of defaulting to doctrine and dogma to justify sinning and not being a "sinner" in God's eyes,
We're not justifying sinning. We're agreeing with God that our 'sinning' is Forgiven. Re-read my previous post.
Perhaps we should acknowledge the various religions and teachings as moral compasses and combine that with simple logic and a concern for how we treat other people.
Various religions mixed with our human logic? That was Plan A. We've tried that in society / are trying that now in society and look at where it's gotten this world.

God says the first rule of sex is to "wait until you're married."
People say, use a little of religion or what Gods says and then Mixes that with their own common sense. What does their common sense say???
?.don't wait til your married, just use a condom.
?.think about the other person's feelings (call next morning)
?.have sex before you're married as long as it's just with your 'significant other.'

It's time for Plan B. Instead of relying on various human logics mixed everyone's opinions about sex, the bible tells us to "adopt the mind of Christ". Why not listen to the Manufacturer when uses His creation?
Humans, especially Christians, in the senario above know which decision is morally wrong, right? What about what is LOGICALLY wrong?
Example:
Bartram's Logic = "we're going to get married one day anywayz, so let's do it.
Sally's Logic = "He told me He loved me, I'm ready."
Jeff's Logic = "God gave me all this testosterone, I have sex a lot but God knows my heart"
Willie's Logic = "I'll just use protection to be safe"

God's Logic = "The only safe sex is marriage. Sex is ordained for husbands and wives to take part in for pleasure / children"

WHY in the world would we 'mix' human logic with God's Word, knowing that the above exactly describes human Logic? Don't you see the problem with "human logic"?
If you touch a hot iron, it will burn you. Fact. No extra logic needed. If you want to take part in sex, do it God's way. No extra logic needed. You MAY get burned.
Having a logical basis for decision making in addition to a fundamental religious foundation (if you have one, so much the better) can't be no worse than blindly quoting doctrine that says even if you make the wrong decision
I would suggest for anyone to except a logic basis other than God's & I wouldn't suggest blindly quoting anything. We just quote what God says in His Word, the Truth.
When anybody, including Christians, fall short, that's "their way", not God's way, and it
impacts other people today.
correct.
God's way may or may not be the fundamental foundation for human decisions.
correct. look at the young men and women used every year by people who just want sex from them, especially on college campuses. Come judgment day??you already know.
Reguardless, how bout also using:
1) Logic
2) Common sense
3) Concern for how the decision will affect others
As I said earlier, with this being Plan A, we definitely need to resort to a Plan B.

In the statement above:
I would suggest for anyone to except a logic basis other than God's & I wouldn't suggest blindly quoting anything. We just quote what God says in His Word, the Truth.
I of course meant to say that "I wouldn't suggest for anyone to except a logic basis other than God's."

yo Doc.........

Originally posted by docmump

Taylor-Made'90 I believe you are missing what "We" Christians believe about the Bible. 1. We believe it to be written by man but devinely inspired by God. God is the Author, man is just the typewritter. 2. The Word of God is true without any mixture of error to it.

To answer your question. I am not a blind believer but a believer that has Faith that the bible is indeed the word of God.

Do I believe there are more devinely inspired works other than the Bible????? Yes, I do.

:D

I'm laughing at your response about 'WE' Christians:D ....I too, am a member of the 'flock'......

My only reason for questioning, is to put certain core issues up for discussion. I grew up in a small-town Missionary Baptist Church, and while the preacher put on a good show, with plenty of shouting and Amen-ing, he wasn't delivering the Word. So I was blind. I believed, but didn't really know what I believed.

And it wasn't until I was in college when I started looking for answers. And I've read the Bible, from cover to cover. The Old and the New Testaments. I've also read most of the Koran and parts of the Tora. But the most interesting book I've read in awhile was by Salman Rushdie. You might've heard it. The Satanic Verses. I know, the name strikes fear in most Christians, but the book itself doesn't promote or preach Satanism. It merely seeks to level the playing field, as far as religon is concerned. It seeks to establish that, in order for the world to be in 'balance', there must be an equal amount of 'right' and 'left'. And that makes sense to me. If you believe in GOD, and in 'good'. Then you must also believe in Satan (or whatever name you give him) and the presence of that which the opposite of 'good'. Then and only then can you make a conscious decision to accept GOD or not.

And my questions about the Bible are purely to see what other people think. Since the Bible is not written in Chronological order, do you believe that there are other books that are missing? The King James version is the most widely accepted version. But what about the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the Tablets of Ram-sein found in Syria in the 1940s? They all talked about the same things, but with different outcomes. How come these books were 'left-out'? And why do so many religous 'scholars' dismiss them as not spiritually accurate, when they can corroborate several instances, especially in the Old Testament?

It seems that some people choose only to believe what they grew up believeing, and I guess that's fine. But when there's un-refutable evidence that more books were written and more stories told, these same people dismiss them as not spitiually accurate. And I don't get that. Their minds are closed. I believe that you should always seek the truth, wherever it lies.

It seems that some people choose only to believe what they grew up believeing, and I guess that's fine. But when there's un-refutable evidence that more books were written and more stories told, these same people dismiss them as not spitiually accurate. And I don't get that. Their minds are closed. I believe that you should always seek the truth, wherever it lies.
That's good that you've Read the Bible as many have but do have a Relationship with God? Have you asked Him about what book(s) He wants you to live by? Has He told you that the Holy Bible that most use is incomplete? Did God give you conviction when you read the bible as a result of it being "not all there"? If you are a Christian, you have access to God and can simply ask Him, "God - should I being looking for lost books and scrolls that some say are accurate? What should I read or not read & what should I live by?"

These are sincere questions and I'm sure He'll give you the answer in time, Taylor-Made'90.

God had me to get a King James and NIV and a Study Bible and He's never told me to get more than that regarding His Word. I'm not saying that He hasn't specifically told you not to venture off looking for lost books because I don't know if He's told you that, Has He?

Is this a contest to see who can have the longest post??

Taylor-Made'90

Yes I heard of other Religious books. I was talking with one of my co-workers about this very subject a couple of weeks ago. We discussed some of the other FALLEN ANGLES beside SATIN (or whatever you want to call him.) Interesting stuff. Discussions of the fallen angles who gave man some of its wisdom, working of metals, etc. Of course you must believe in a devil, if you believe in God. But that is not my issue. My issues are who wants the best for me? Who wants me to have happiness? Who wants me to have Life and to have it more abundantly? Who wants me to go to Heaven? Those fallen angles or God?

Lets answer some of those questions.
And my questions about the Bible are purely to see what other people think. Since the Bible is not written in Chronological order, do you believe that there are other books that are missing?
Yes, I believe there are more devine books other than the Bible.
But what about the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the Tablets of Ram-sein found in Syria in the 1940s? They all talked about the same things, but with different outcomes. How come these books were 'left-out'?
I dont know. But some books were supportive scriptures. You already stated that. Others were sealed by the Pope. Have you heard of the Gospel of St. Thomas? Another Sealed piece of Scripture is "The Lady of Fatima's" It is a recent Piece of Scripture that was released by the Pope.
And why do so many religous 'scholars' dismiss them as not spiritually accurate, when they can corroborate several instances, especially in the Old Testament?
Once again I dont know.

Faith, Belief, Logic, Illogic,,, etc.

My scenarios don't conflict with each other, they compliment each other.
All Previous Scenarios = Christian's recognize that God can help them to live right, we should find out what God says on a particular subject and agree with that, 3) We Fall Down - We get up, We Fall down - We get Up, We Fall down - We get up ?..a Saint is one who sins (like a sinner) but who also is forgiven of all their sins 100%. We're not perfect, hence Jesus, but you'll be able to tell a tree by it's fruit in due time. Christians' lives aren't perfect, just forgiven, and I'm not saying that this fact gives anyone a license to sin.

I believe that's what my scenarios said but copy / paste pieces of my post that contradict.

Don't concure. The bottom line you come to is the same thing that was said in your "scenario 2". The difference is, I'm saying that these things will happen. You said in effect, no they won't happen if you just have God. That is obviously wrong. Rather you have God are not, these things happen. You then acknowledged that, but then you went to the take that, well, if you have God, you will be saved despight them happening. I would not argue what your religious doctrine teaches.

Uhhhh??I pretty much just disagree.

Yes, I know the feeling!

We're not justifying sinning. We're agreeing with God that our 'sinning' is Forgiven. Re-read my previous post.

Yes, but who says that if that is understood, people don't go on and do things, BUT apply this same religous understanding? That's what i'm talking about when I say, this is the same as your senario 2.

Various religions mixed with our human logic? That was Plan A. We've tried that in society / are trying that now in society and look at where it's gotten this world.

We have tried religion also. Look where the single-minded region thinking has gotten us? Not to mention world conflicts and wars and such. Don't concure there.

God says the first rule of sex is to "wait until you're married."

no, that's what man has said over the eons, but ok.

People say, use a little of religion or what Gods says and then Mixes that with their own common sense. What does their common sense say???
?.don't wait til your married, just use a condom.
?.think about the other person's feelings (call next morning)
?.have sex before you're married as long as it's just with your 'significant other.'

Maybe that's what your logic said in the past before you were saved. Maybe some other people's logic says, if you have sex, chances are you are going to bring a pregnancy into the situation. Maybe some other people's logic says, I can't afford taking a chance and having a kid right now, so I better not even go there. Maybe some other people's logic says, if I have sex, there are going to be mental ties that I will have to deal with and i'm just not ready for that, so ain't no need in me even bothering with it. Maybe some other people's logic says, why lie to this person for sex? Maybe when both parties are confronted with the "have sex with significant other", someone, male or female, logically surmises that the potential psychological/emotional, physical and spiritual (if applicable) risks are not worth it.

It's time for Plan B. Instead of relying on various human logics mixed everyone's opinions about sex, the bible tells us to "adopt the mind of Christ". Why not listen to the Manufacturer when uses His creation?

Because we have been listening since Eve and Adam partook and we still make bad decisions. Logic can't do no worse than religion mixed with humans who can twist religion to suit their own minds and justify their deeds.

Bartram's Logic = "we're going to get married one day anywayz, so let's do it.
Sally's Logic = "He told me He loved me, I'm ready."
Jeff's Logic = "God gave me all this testosterone, I have sex a lot but God knows my heart"
Willie's Logic = "I'll just use protection to be safe"
God's Logic = "The only safe sex is marriage. Sex is ordained for husbands and wives to take part in for pleasure / children"
WHY in the world would we 'mix' human logic with God's Word, knowing that the above exactly describes human Logic? Don't you see the problem with "human logic"?
If you touch a hot iron, it will burn you. Fact. No extra logic needed. If you want to take part in sex, do it God's way. No extra logic needed. You MAY get burned.

You would have to agree that even in the cases where God's way is understood thoroughly, it still happens, which you acknowledged, but you then said, yeah, but your sins are forgiven. Maybe logic can help at that moment of weakness even with those who have a thorough understanding and are about to make a bad decision. Again, in your examples of logic above, you suggest the worst case. I would suggest the best case. I pointed out the worse cases of region-based decision making because I acknowledge, as do you, that religion is the ultimate right-wrong barometer and because you said if you simply have God, you won't do wrong. That's not true as we can see in every day life. Given your comments above, you say choose God's way. I say, if you are religious, you will choose God's way most of the time, but not all of the time, which is evident in everyday life. I say having simple logic (not the illogic that you point to in your vision of logic) of real world scenarios, worries, consequencies can do nothing but aid in making the right decision,,, but even at that, nobody can make the right decision everytime, but armed with religious foundations AND GOOD reasoning abilities,,, you should be in better shape than either alone.

But that's precisely what you are doing here. I was born and raised in the church. We went to church religiously(no pun intended). All they said in church to the youth, even when they were going into adolescence was (,,,,, well,,,,, actually,,, they didn't say anything directly,,, but) praise God, don't act like that, it ain't right because God said so, talked about those who slipped up and basically emparted no logic or reasoning as to WHY kids should not get involved in sex! It was "too taboo" to talk about!

Ok,, so all us kids were baptised and we was all in the choir, we were all ushers, we were all active in church,, you name it, but we had about 40% of the females pregnant and having to come before the church crying,, blah, blah, blah,,,, and extrapolate that out to the guys who caused the pregnancy. The doctrine there was, "you do it because God said.". Well,,, maybe for adults who had some bad life experiences, that would be good enough, but that wasn't good enough for adolescence kids. Maybe if church leaders would have employed more rationale and logic mixed in with the discipline and ultimately true teachings of religion, some of those kids could have avoided getting involved in sex at such an early age, not been mothers and fathers foregoing college,, etc ad nausium.

correct. look at the young men and women used every year by people who just want sex from them, especially on college campuses. Come judgment day??you already know.

Huh? See, here I totally disagree. "look at the young mean and women USED every year by people who just want sex from them"? Mac, these people are no more used than me being used by my golf clubs when I go play golf! Everybody makes decisions. A conscious decision, by both parties, is made in the time up to performing the act rather you are religous, logical or not.

As I said earlier, with this being Plan A, we definitely need to resort to a Plan B.

No, that's not Plan A; that may have be what you see as "plan A". I see logic, (not the illogic that you keep pointing out in your examples) as a human trait that's used in everyday life.

I Love you Bartram & this post will be short so you'll read the whole thing.
You said in effect, no they (sin) won't happen if you just have God.
because you said if you simply have God, you won't do wrong.
Copy/Paste from my post where I said sin won't happen if you have God. Remember, I said Christians WILL mess up but they WILL be forgiven and our sins taken. I said least give 100% if you fall. After falling, get up and 100% again. If you fall again get up and 100%. Don't give 65% effort and quote "all have fallen short."

I've heard Christians say, "Well God know my heart" like that's going to help them - in actuality, that's their downfall. But, go ahead and post where I said that those with God won't sin.

Nevaeh: God says the first rule of sex is to "wait until you're married."
Bartram: no, that's what man has said over the eons, but ok.
The sad truth is that some 'christians' have adopted the latter way of thinking. Fornication is what Man said not to do???? That's religion mixed with your human logic which wouldn't be an issue if that religion is replaced with a Relationship which brings me to my net point: The difference between practicing religion and practicing relationships. The difference is night & day, Man & God. Ask yourself which one you're practicing. Here's a hint: if you're practicing the right one than you won't have any doubt about how God feels about sex.(especially before marriage) email me at nevaehinvestor@hotmail.com.
We have tried religion also. Look where the single-minded region thinking has gotten us?
?.we have been listening since Eve and Adam partook and we still make bad decisions. Logic can't do no worse than religion mixed with humans who can twist religion to suit their own minds and justify their deeds.
Stop trying Religion then, and trying a Relationship with God! We agree that Human logic is no better than religion mixed with human logic so why don't we try to get away from both of those 'human factors' and get closer to a relationship with God.

God can tell you better than I can about Christians vs sinners vs Sex vs In His Will vs Out of His Will vs etc. Of course you have ask. I know you said you grew up in Church but once you actually try a relationship with God, you'll have no more need/desire to start threads like this one. You'll just believe/know/say/post what God says.

Agree on Sex?
We've given a lot of different angles on this subject but the answer to the original question, and others, has always remained constant and will Never change: People not agreeing with God. Don't change the answer or lower the standard just because "people mess up in reality." Let's change the reality of being comfortable in sin and watch God heal our land.

Short posts? that's rich!

First, I will say, after reviewing my original subject, I can see why it illicited your response. My original subject IMPLIES that sex will be had, that sex is the ultimate objective. One of your basic contensions is to obey God and just not have sex other than as perscribed by God and, as I said, yes that is the ultimate answer that would avoid the whole situation. I could not capture in that title that perhaps if people have "morals" and/or are honest and up front with each other, then maybe sex would not happen, but if it does, then at least people will go into it without all these pretenses and excuses that cause such complications and adversity and conflict in human life today.

What I have gathered further from this thread is that we are basically looking at this from different angles.

I sense that you think that everybody that is not espousing the teachings of the bible is out to do wrong and up to no good and automatically "bad" in some sense. I would not challenge your BELIEF that people that you see in that realm do not "qualify" for the glory of God and are not "saved" or however you would term it according to your religion. That's not my point.

Where I had to pull away from the flavor of the original post and switch to more so religious doctrine and real-world human behavior is that I believe logic in combination with religious foundations may, perhaps, keep people from making bad decisions, but it's not full-proof either and neither is religion are being one with God(where we differ in belief). I stop there, but I acknowledge your contension that, "yeah, but if you're in God, then your "sins" are forgiven and you will go to heaven". That's the basis of religion and faith, no doubt.

I'm not trying to argue which way is BETTER as I sense you think. It seems that religion indoctrinates people and paints everything as an "us against them" situation and that's not the case from my standpoint, but I feel you see it that way just because I'm not espousing strict adherance to religious doctrine/dogma. I'm simply saying that all of the situations that happen to people boil down to decisions,,,, some decisions by people who have a religious foundation and some who don't.

I'm saying, no matter what you say humans SHOULD do, not every human is going to do that(I don't care how you spin it from whatever religious faith), and I don't see where information, information based in the realities of the real world (all the bad stuff that can happen, blah, blah, blah) would hurt the decision making process and logical decision making. (and i don't see "logic" as you see "logic" based on your examples of said, but I will concure that humans rationalize things that way, including those who are as close as possible to God mind you.)

I don't see the bad decsions that you call "logic" as that. I'd say that's "illogical". I would also point out that neither logic nor religion nor having a relationship with God will absolutely guarantee that humans, as we know them on earth at this moment, won't make bad decisions ever again. And this is where our arguments are totally different. You say that, "well, but if you have a relationship with God, you are not a 'sinner' and your sins are forgiven". I'm not arguing that, I'm saying, yeah, but the bad decision still occurs and it seems that even those who are the most perfect in God don't have anything to lose by thinking LOGICALLY (where from your comments, I see that "logic" is not considered the same thing by everyone, but that notwithstanding) about the consequences of the situation like all the "bad stuff" that you mention will happen.

My original question was not based on what you need to do to be saved, but rather how you could save yourself much heart ache and spare the feelings of others perhaps by being more honest and logical,,,, short of being saved and all of the religious connotations thereof which you pointed out. You gave the religious angle and I acknowledged that, but I also wanted to hear other views because I think information from all angles is a good thing. I would readily admit, I was not posting that to save anyone or persuade them to a specific religion. I was posting it to stimulate an exchange of views from all anlges.

So what if it's information that's at odds with strick religious doctrine? Maybe someone hears that, has a chance to mull it over,,, and from hearing all these views in a non-critical situation are better able to make a good decision when it really counts, maybe not. Ultimately we are all accountable for our decisions as I see it. Even at that, people will do whatever they want from now on, and that's not saying "do it", that's just looking at the track record, the stats, of humans on this earth.

It's just plain and simple. Women are more sensitive than men are. A woman would have to go through numerous changes if she was to have sex and get pregnant. But a man really wouldn't have to. A woman would want the sex to mean something because it would be a part of her that she is sharing with somebody. Whereas the mane is sharing with her but he just sees it as some bootie. Women want that feeling of feeling special and loved.

Cesium, a couple of questions,,

That's the real world. That's the dicotomy, short of following various religious doctrine mind you (I must keep putting that in there), that causes so much adversity.

It's well known that guys "pursue". I think we can all agree on that. I would ask, also, do women often take chances while presenting a position of "being a good girl" or following religous convictions?

I think this is a dynamic at play, short of just saying no and sticking to it as religion says you should (I have to keep throwing that in there), and many situations where males and females are in this chest game of sorts,,,, but yes, if you just said no there would be none of this to deal with (I have to keep throwing that in there given the way this thread has gone.).

listen....

I am not sure of what has already been said cause some of yall wrote too much, but....
READ READ READ READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The DRAMA arrives when- A male and female decide to engage in sexual activity: (things you must do first)

1) ESTABLISH if the sex involves feelings...
if one male/female has feelings for the other male/female, and the feeling is not mutual...then SEX should not OCCUR!

2) LADIES: You can't get mad that he is associating and fooling around with other women if you took it to the next step with him and there's no commitment..! He's not yours!!! Remember that if you were intimate with a male, no matter how much you deny it, you've given a piece of yourself to this man and there will be feelings.

3) FELLAS/Ladies too: Don't give a half answer or LEAD HER ON with cheeseball lines and lies about how you feel about a lady with real plans of gettin some...! Let her know UP FRONT if there will be NO STRINGS ATTACHED! She might not want to hear what she wants, but she'll get over it with closure!

ANYONE AGREE?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back