Who's the most entertaining band in the SWAC?

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
I'd have to give Jackson State the nod in the SWAC after seeing Jackson State at the inaugural SCG and on the tub a few times and here recently. For most entertaining I'd have to rank them:

1. Jackson State (everything is all good, too much to explain, but one question; do yall mu-fuz EVER stop playing in the dayum stands?!! :lmao: Yall don't seem to care when yall be playing either. :lmao: DAYUM! great sound and energy during your performance and dance routines. tigerettes or whatever yall call em all good.)
  2. Alabama A&M (great energy, sound, and the way the dancers march in, i remember that every since Jr High!)
  3. Alabama State (tuff call. down to the wire. if it was the 80s and yall had dem Stingettes dat you had then you'd be bu-head of A&M!)
  4. Grambling (going on the movie "Drumline" and your mystique.)
  5. Prairie View (loved yall against Southern while I was in DFW.)
  6. Southern (i've seen southern more than anyone except AA&M and AlabamaSU. The dancing dolls are all good.)
  7. Alcorn
  8. MS Valley
  9. Tx Southern
  10. UAPB
    [/list=1]

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Dealing with the field I would have to say
1.GSU
2.SU or JSU
3.PV
4.UAPB
5.Ala. State
6.A A&M
7.ASU
8.Tex. South.
9. MVSU
This is just my opinion now in the stands those orders would change but I am just going by the field

Originally posted by Bartram
  1. Jackson State (everything is all good, too much to explain, but one question; do yall mu-fuz EVER stop playing in the dayum stands?!! :lmao:
    [/list=1]

1. Really? I don't think they play enough in the stands anymore, especially when our team is losing.
    When I was in that band, we hardly ever sat down, especially if we were losing. We would at least be playing "Get Ready" softly. At least that's how it was when we had Paul Adams.

Re: Re: Who's the most entertaining band in the SWAC?

Originally posted by CriTAUcal
Really? I don't think they play enough in the stands anymore, especially when our team is losing.
When I was in that band, we hardly ever sat down, especially if we were losing. We would at least be playing "Get Ready" softly. At least that's how it was when we had Paul Adams.

Yeah. The other week on TV yall wouldn't stop playing. I thought they were going to penalize your team because of the band (like they used to do Tuskegee back in my day. :D ).

As far as entertaning alone, I would have to say it is a tie between PVU & JSU !

taking into consideration I have seen all the bands in the SWAC in person with the exception of AAMU !

Re: Re: Re: Who's the most entertaining band in the SWAC?

Yeah. The other week on TV yall wouldn't stop playing. I thought they were going to penalize your team because of the band (like they used to do Tuskegee back in my day. :D ).

The bands can play, as long as they're not disturbing the teams/game. Drum majors just have to watch and pay attention to the plays on the field and keep the music to a minimum when the team is getting ready to execute (or try to) a play.

Now when I was in the band, there were a few intense times when the head coach wanted us to just stop playing all together.

Most entertaining
1. Grambling State University
2. GSU's Tiger Marching Band
3. The "World Famed" Tiger Marching Band
4. Grambling State University "World Famed" Tiger Marching Band

My Picks for Most Entertaining are:

1. [*]Southern University Jaguars

[*]Jackson State University Tigers
    [*]Prairie View A&M University Panthers
    [/list=1]

Originally posted by whocares98
Most entertaining

I must agree

Re: My Picks for Most Entertaining are:

Originally posted by SU's Finest '93

1. [*]Southern University Jaguars

[*]Jackson State University Tigers
    [*]Prairie View State University Panthers
    [/list=1]

1. HOW ARE YOU GONNA MESS UP OUR NAME LIKE THAT, IT'S NOT STATE UNIVERSITY IT'S A&M UNIVERSITY:redhot:

Re: Re: My Picks for Most Entertaining are:

Originally posted by TX_FINEST
HOW ARE YOU GONNA MESS UP OUR NAME LIKE THAT, IT'S NOT STATE UNIVERSITY IT'S A&M UNIVERSITY:redhot:

oh well whatever, y'all knew what I meant. I gave you your props, what more do you want? :p

I'd have to give Jackson State the nod in the SWAC after seeing Jackson State at the inaugural SCG and on the tub a few times and here recently. For most entertaining I'd have to rank them:

1. Jackson State (everything is all good, too much to explain, but one question; do yall mu-fuz EVER stop playing in the dayum stands?!! :lmao: Yall don't seem to care when yall be playing either. :lmao: DAYUM! great sound and energy during your performance and dance routines. tigerettes or whatever yall call em all good.)
  2. Alabama A&M (great energy, sound, and the way the dancers march in, i remember that every since Jr High!)
  3. Alabama State (tuff call. down to the wire. if it was the 80s and yall had dem Stingettes dat you had then you'd be bu-head of A&M!)
  4. Grambling (going on the movie "Drumline" and your mystique.)
  5. Prairie View (loved yall against Southern while I was in DFW.)
  6. Southern (i've seen southern more than anyone except AA&M and AlabamaSU. The dancing dolls are all good.)
  7. Alcorn
  8. MS Valley
  9. Tx Southern
  10. UAPB
    [/list=1]

1. this list cant be recently..........im just asking MVSU...ALCORN OVER PB?

But my list
    NO ORDER..
    UAPB
    SU
    PV
    JSU
    GSU
    TXSU
    AAMU

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I like that !!!

Originally posted by whocares98
Most entertaining
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Re: Re: Who's the most entertaining band in the SWAC?

That's because the Southern Heritage Classic is usually officiated by referees from the Ohio Valley Conference, not the SWAC.

GRAMBLING STATE TIGER MARCHING BAND IS THE MOST ENTERTAINING BAND IN THE SWAC BECAUSE THEY BRING ANOTHER DIMENSION TO CHOREOGRAPHY AND BREAK DOWNS ARE VERY UNIQUE THEY CAN GO TO ANY CITY AND STEAL YOUR CROWD FROM YOU THAT'S A FACT.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who's the most entertaining band in the SWAC?

Originally posted by BLUEBENGAL
That's because the Southern Heritage Classic is usually officiated by referees from the Ohio Valley Conference, not the SWAC.

:lmao: yeah, yeah, yeah I know, I know! :lmao: but that goes to show you how over the top we used to be (back in my day) at Tuskegee. We always had SIAC refs (except maybe when playing Livingston, err modern day Univ of West Alabama) and we was always getting penalized,,, EVEN IN TUSKEGEE!!! Coming from a corps-style high school band, I used to just be embarrassed in the stands, but quickly got calibrated to HBCU football.

and homecoming,,,, oh Lord,,, :shame: just embarrassing. WE NEVER got off the field in time and the team was always penalized the 5 years I was there. :shame:

and don't let the other band go over their time allotment. we'd bumrush. :lol:

As far as bringing entertainment to their fans,.... i hate to say it but i'll hafta' give it first to , (drum role)

Jstate
:tup:

simple reason they pull every trick they have in the book out. naked folks, vehicles, famous folks, army tanks, whateva..

but, for entertainment for band people that wants to see a good band. i gotsta give that to , (drum role)

SU
:tup:

there shows always have drive and intensity. they always sound good, march well, and brings the heat in the stands, ya heard!!

in no order and going by who i seen this year....

SU Jukebox is back and not to be played with and i guess watching these kats practice a whole lot makes me almost feel like a member. I also like how they prepare for every game the same way.

Jackson State Sonic Boom is a cleaner version of TxSU. they have one of the best trumpet sections in the SWAC. can't wait to see the SU game.

Prairie View Marching Storm..aside from all them drum majors this band is leaving its mark finally. rumor has it they have not missed a game. but than again, don't get your hopes up high Alcorn and Bama State of a visit from them.

TxSU Ocean of Soul.. once this band cleans up and stops using 10-12 bass drums on the field we will be exchanging tapes at the speed of light.

Jackson State.

JSU has so much energy on the field and in the stands. I still have to go with JSU overall.

Originally posted by usa today
GRAMBLING STATE TIGER MARCHING BAND IS THE MOST ENTERTAINING BAND IN THE SWAC BECAUSE THEY BRING ANOTHER DIMENSION TO CHOREOGRAPHY AND BREAK DOWNS ARE VERY UNIQUE THEY CAN GO TO ANY CITY AND STEAL YOUR CROWD FROM YOU THAT'S A FACT.

I must agree

I say Grambling is the most entertaining.....if you know what i mean. LOL. GSU is always very entertaining to me. Comic View will never have sh*t on Gram.

Back