Whic slaw band will rise this upcoming football season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*.....and, again.

Originally posted by SUtrp96
No smack, but anything that needs a 100% improvement had to be what?

If it sounds like slaw coming out of your mouth, just like it sounds coming out of your horns....what are we supposed to think?

DAMN LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF AGAIN FOR THE SLOW, I KNOW THE SOUND AT GRAMBLING HASN'T BEEN ON THE PLEASANT SIDE FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS, THE DRIVE THAT MADE GRAM HAS BEEN LACKING, THE EXECUTING OF DRILL TECHNIQUES HAVEN'T BEEN CLEAN, BUT THE CHOREOGRAPHY AND THE CREATIVITY IS STILL THERE THAT IS WHAT KEPT GRAM FROM FALLING TO THE SLAW CATEGORY IN MY OPINION. THEY WILL MAKE A 100% IMPROVEMENT IN THE MUSIC CATEGORY, BECAUSE THIS YEAR A LOT IS BEING FOCUSED ON THAT, AND GRAMBLING IS FOCUSING ON THE CONCEPTS THAT MADE THEM GRAM PLUS IMPLEMENTING NEW IDEAS TO SEPARATE GRAM FROM ALL HBCU BANDS ONCE AGAIN. LIKE I SAID GRAM IS NOT SLAW BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE CAN'T ENTERTAIN LIKE GRAMBLING DOES. THEY CAN TRY BUT GRAMBLING CAN'T BE DUPLICATED MAYBE IMITATED.

Originally posted by usa today
DAMN LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF AGAIN FOR THE SLOW, I KNOW THE SOUND AT GRAMBLING HASN'T BEEN ON THE PLEASANT SIDE FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS, THE DRIVE THAT MADE GRAM HAS BEEN LACKING, THE EXECUTING OF DRILL TECHNIQUES HAVEN'T BEEN CLEAN, BUT THE CHOREOGRAPHY AND THE CREATIVITY IS STILL THERE THAT IS WHAT KEPT GRAM FROM FALLING TO THE SLAW CATEGORY IN MY OPINION. THEY WILL MAKE A 100% IMPROVEMENT IN THE MUSIC CATEGORY, BECAUSE THIS YEAR A LOT IS BEING FOCUSED ON THAT, AND GRAMBLING IS FOCUSING ON THE CONCEPTS THAT MADE THEM GRAM PLUS IMPLEMENTING NEW IDEAS TO SEPARATE GRAM FROM ALL HBCU BANDS ONCE AGAIN. LIKE I SAID GRAM IS NOT SLAW BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE CAN'T ENTERTAIN LIKE GRAMBLING DOES. THEY CAN TRY BUT GRAMBLING CAN'T BE DUPLICATED MAYBE IMITATED.

At least you told the truth.....

The reason why most people call you all slaw and you don't understand why is because:

Whether a band is bad , good, or great at entertaining isn't really important to the true band head.......

The things you mentioned that you were lacking is what is really taken into consideration...

the MUSIC Category is the main and most important thing......

I understand now why you don't think you all are slaw and the rest of your band for that matter.....

But I hope you now understand why the rest of the SWAC say you all are slaw......it's the MUSIC man........that is the first and most important element to any band...

Originally posted by SUTuba96
I am sorry but if you have really seen SU you will know that there are several different drill that we do.

Several. Several is not cosidered by most people as being two. suCKS almost repeats more shows than jsu. Your alumni can't stand the sad rut that your program has gotten into. Mindless brainwashed sheep.

Originally posted by MACK OF THE SWAC
Several. Several is not cosidered by most people as being two. suCKS almost repeats more shows than jsu. Your alumni can't stand the sad rut that your program has gotten into. Mindless brainwashed sheep.
So, which two drills are you talking about MACK?

The 4-step?

The Pinwheels from the inside (or outside)?

The "L" Drill?

The Wiggle Drill?

The Star Drill?

Box Drill?

The 4x8 drill?

The Diamond Drill?

The "X" drill?

Or, maybe it's one the many others that have been down over the last few years.?

Please stop lying.

This is _ _ _! :smh:

the band huddle drill that every high schools band below Alexandria has been doing. I didn't say name every drill su has ever done.. :smh: Listing them and performing them are different. This is truly sad.

waiting on your girlfriend jarrod to arrive.....it won't be long now. cricketfans is ova there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Originally posted by O'Bladerunner
So, which two drills are you talking about MACK?

The 4-step?

The Pinwheels from the inside (or outside)?

The "L" Drill?

The Wiggle Drill?

The Star Drill?

Box Drill?

The 4x8 drill?

The Diamond Drill?

The "X" drill?

Or, maybe it's one the many others that have been down over the last few years.?

Please stop lying.

This is _ _ _! :smh:

You left out the:

Dimineshing Boxes

Sun Burst Drill

Blossoming Flower drill

Step One Drill

The Cross..."Gospel Show Drill"

There are others....

MACK get your dumb retarded arse some business....
Ya big DUMMY

Originally posted by usa today
DAMN LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF AGAIN FOR THE SLOW, I KNOW THE SOUND AT GRAMBLING HASN'T BEEN ON THE PLEASANT SIDE FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS, THE DRIVE THAT MADE GRAM HAS BEEN LACKING, THE EXECUTING OF DRILL TECHNIQUES HAVEN'T BEEN CLEAN, BUT THE CHOREOGRAPHY AND THE CREATIVITY IS STILL THERE THAT IS WHAT KEPT GRAM FROM FALLING TO THE SLAW CATEGORY IN MY OPINION.
In red (when put up against what's in black), is just what people from other schools are talking about. And, is the main reason Grum is, and will always be, on a different planet from everyone else.

There's no way in he!! dancing is more, or even as, important as the things, even YOU, said you all need to work on (ie....the sound, the drive, and execution). I don't care how "creative" you are on a dance routine.....if it ain't got isht to do with the music and how it sounds, then you're always going to be up for ridicule amongst the true bandheads.

Cuz, what's the use of having an instrument in your hand, when all you're going to do is dance with it and sound horrible when you try to play it?

To the true band heads, Grum is the band that doesn't put in the work that others put in (on your horns).....yet, you want all of the positive feedback from your fellow band-brotheren.

Grum seems to be so worried about being more different than everyone else (as in, their own style...which is good to have your own, don't get me wrong)....they're forgetting that there are still "the basics" in band, marching bands, and the marching band sound.

the band huddle drill that every high schools band below Alexandria has been doing. I didn't say name every drill su has ever done.. :smh: Listing them and performing them are different. This is truly sad.
You're an idiot, I see.

Including the ones that SUtrpt96 mentioned....I meant those are the ones that HAVE been performed over the last few games.

And, once again......
The circle (which you called the "huddle" :rolleyes: ) is a TRANSITION. It is NOT a drill (hence, me not lsting it as a drill).

.....smh.....idiots.

And, if you think I even came close to naming all of the drills.....you're sadly mistaken, mis-guided and mis-informed.

You're an idiot, I see.

Including the ones that SUtrpt96 mentioned....I meant those are the ones that HAVE been performed over the last few games.

And, once again......
The circle (which you called the "huddle" :rolleyes: ) is a TRANSITION. It is NOT a drill (hence, me not lsting it as a drill).

.....smh.....idiots.

And, if you think I even came close to naming all of the drills.....you're sadly mistaken, mis-guided and mis-informed.

There is a circle drill though..... we did it in 99.. It rotates like the star...

But some idiots think the transition is a drill......lol

How am I or anyone that wasn't in suCKS band no know the name of the drills. It's people that went to suCKS that don't know the name of the drills...what is your point. My point is that you do that same drill/transition over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. That one year you guys came from the sidline and endzone I damn near fell out. I was so shocked ya'll did something new. :lmao:

And, the remix.....

You're an idiot, I see.

We come from the side as much as the endzone. So, what the he!! are you talking about?

Dude, I know many Jukebox members that don't know all the names of all of the drills. My point is (since it's not sharp enough to poke any (common)-sensable nerve you may have), is that rather you or anyone else knows the name.....they're different. And isn't that what you were pertaining to.....different drills?

smh

And, the remix.....

We come from the side as much as the endzone. So, what the he!! are you talking about?

That one year you guys came from the sideline and endzone I damn near fell out. :lmao: [/B]

I meant to say that one GAME you came from the sideline and the endzone.

I meant to say that one GAME you came from the sideline and the endzone.

That's another DRILL DIC head...

"L" Drill.....

You just STUPID......Go find some uneducated drunks to play with..
You sound like you ben drinking...

DUMMY

Gentlemen,....to my fellow Southernites.......I have read your post and it pains me very badly to agree with you on the issue of music. I'm sorry but, I'm personally in total agreement with you. That is my #1 focus for this year. I know we have very good arrangers and all the music that is written doesn't get approved for playing. I agree with you that everything pretaining to a halftime show revolves around the music. We are handeling this particular matter the best way we can internally. Now, I can't promise you that the struggle will be an overnight thing. I can promise you that I will do everything in my limit of authority to make a positive difference because this is my band and I have a great love for her. Yes,...you are correct to say that you would rather receive recognition from your peers than your common fan. Your criticism has been noted and despite the fact that I don't like how some of them are worded,...I respect your personal opinions as musicians. We are going to work things out not to satisfy the critics,......but rather, ourselves first and foremost.

Originally posted by Legend35
Gentlemen,....to my fellow Southernites.......I have read your post and it pains me very badly to agree with you on the issue of music. I'm sorry but, I'm personally in total agreement with you. That is my #1 focus for this year. I know we have very good arrangers and all the music that is written doesn't get approved for playing. I agree with you that everything pretaining to a halftime show revolves around the music. We are handeling this particular matter the best way we can internally. Now, I can't promise you that the struggle will be an overnight thing. I can promise you that I will do everything in my limit of authority to make a positive difference because this is my band and I have a great love for her. Yes,...you are correct to say that you would rather receive recognition from your peers than your common fan. Your criticism has been noted and despite the fact that I don't like how some of them are worded,...I respect your personal opinions as musicians. We are going to work things out not to satisfy the critics,......but rather, ourselves first and foremost.

:eek2: You may now remove that fork you had jammed into the back of your hand......:lol:

:wavey: Legend

Originally posted by Legend35

True.......
It been like that for the longest....

I mean people that went to Warren Easton High School with me that were taught the same things I was taught musically, some of them ended up at GSU.....And after a battle of the band, I am critiquing their sound as a band.....And they are seriously telling about SU can't dance like GSU, and SU don't go here and there.. I'm like ARE THESE PEOPLE SERIOUS?????

It seemed like the only thing they had to say musically was.. SU over blows...It's almost like they were brainwashed or something.

I was confused, but these same cats back in high school, I could hold a long conversation with these cats about band, but now I would rather talk to some one in a middle school band about music..

Most of them cat think it is a joke, when it is not...

Originally posted by ShyLadyTiger
:eek2: You may now remove that fork you had jammed into the back of your hand......:lol:

:wavey: Legend
Hello my Friend. I guess on realistic subjects,... I shoot myself in the foot :wavey: You Know???....

Personally

Personally,

I would love see the SWAC be the way it was back in the day. I remember up until Fall 1997, All the SWAC bands were. Even tho that Southern, Jackson, and Grambling were the marquee bands, but the other 5 SWAC schools still were tight and anybody could be disappointed. I care if it's Valley upseting Southern or Ala. St. upseting PV. A SWAC football game was always something crunk to go see, cause you didn't know who would win the band battles. 2 more SWAC Schools were added to the roster in 1998(UAPB & A&M) and they have made themselves known in the SWAC. I wish that it could get like that again. That's my opinion.

Just my little observation:

Originally posted by Mr. Phreeze
Personally,

I would love see the SWAC be the way it was back in the day. I remember up until Fall 1997, All the SWAC bands were. Even tho that Southern, Jackson, and Grambling were the marquee bands, but the other 5 SWAC schools still were tight and anybody could be disappointed. I care if it's Valley upseting Southern or Ala. St. upseting PV. A SWAC football game was always something crunk to go see, cause you didn't know who would win the band battles. 2 more SWAC Schools were added to the roster in 1998(UAPB & A&M) and they have made themselves known in the SWAC. I wish that it could get like that again. That's my opinion.
Things are a whole lot different now than they were back in the days. Society is expected to turn out more production with little time to produce. Music changes every five years or so. From what I'm hearing on the radio mostly, people are taking the easy road in terms of concepts and theory because it takes too long to understand the foundations or perhaps they are afraid of the overwhelming challenges to measure up to THE STANDARDS. Financing Fine Arts in Public Schools are a thing of the past. Somewhere down the road someone dropped the ball and lost the love for music.
Bands don't practice as long as they use to. Detail in terms of dynamics,intonation, and phrasing is implimented but, not consistant. Marching and dance routines are not often taken by the number but, somewhat "crash course" for the sake of time. I don't have a problem with cuttin' time but, while you're out there, you have to get in a quality practice. The musicians today are a whole lot better than they were in my time but, my question is are their talents being pushed to the next challenging level? Is there a sincere love for what we do or are we just there to travel and get paid???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back