Whic slaw band will rise this upcoming football season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by SUTuba96
I am sorry but if you have really seen SU you will know that there are several different drill that we do. But if you look at a bayou calssic tape from the past 5 or 6 years all it seemd that spamblimg does is come out of the end zone twirl in circles for 8 measures and then come into concert formation just to shake their country booties.

That's pretty accurate!!!!:cool:

You Guys aRe poo, always been poo and aint gone be nuttin but poo.

Wassup SUTRPT this you boy schweeble

Wassup CB... What's been going on SCHWEEBLIZATIONS!!!!!

just chillin can't wait for football season to strat have you heard from meat hook?

Meat Hook helped me move into my house this past weekend. He should be back up you know where...lol

I'll tell him you said wassup..

I can't wait to hear the S my self...I hope they STAY big this season...lol

SU DON'T SAY NOTHING ABOUT COUNTRY ALL YALL DID TOOT IT UP (STICK YO BOOTY IN THE AIR) NOW THAT IS COUNTRY SO YOU NEED TO TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT YOURSELF BEFORE YOU MAKE CRITICAL STATEMENTS LIKE THAT. AND JUST LIKE YOU ALL SAY THAT YOU ALL HAVE PLENTY MORE DRILLS BUT PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET TO SEE THEM, GRAM HAS PLENTY MORE DANCES. DAMN I SUPPORT SU ALL THE WAY, BUT WHEN SOMEONE CONSISTENLY GETS ON THEM I HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING, THEY ARE GONNA IMPROVE THIS YEAR THAT'S A FACT.

You're waisting your time with these people. Some of these post are just down right ignorantly provoked due to envious jealousy. The Fall will tell the story on the grid.
Until then,.... I have better things to do that requires an open mind and logical thinking.

true i'm tired of the elementary remarks these people make anyway i'm not wasting my breath on stupid remarks, you can tell that the remarks made are just plain ole hating or jealousy.

I am not jealous of no band, I seriously doubt that and other SU member is jealous of any other band... SU has a rich tradition, that people tend to imitate often, maybe not GSU, so that is a plus for GSU. But I hope you all do improve, but come on anybody that follwed you all for a while will know GSU can't go no where but up...

But realize just because you all may make a come up, don't mean you have did enough to take out the other upper tier bands...

It may seem like hate when others down your program... but I guess it is like picking on the kid you will never pick to be on you neighbor hood basketball or football team...It's easy for folks to pick on that type of person.. That don't make it right, but I guess it is the easy thing to do...I do it from time to time...I do it just to see what kind of defense you guys will come back with.. The isht be funny.

But no hate....

GSU hasn't been in the top ranking as far as sound wise, book wise, power wise, and overall GREAT sounding band wise.

I know how you guys feel, I would be mad to if I wasn't in the band every one (just about) was trying to be like...and all people had to say was negative things...I would be fustrated as well. But it should surprise you guys, cause you know that is human nature, for people to beat a dead horse.

I will waiting the day, the BOTB will be worth going to again to hear 2 knock out band go at it... It's no fun going to hear one knock out band, and to see another band that has this special gimmick to over take the crowd...Me as a band head don't care to see that...
Most of the people I talked to at GSU, say when BC time come around they are thinking of ways to take the crowd instead of trying to out due SU as a band.....
Hope things chane..

Originally posted by kkpsi10
Yea, yall slaw.

I just say the tape from the battle of the bands in the dome last year.

It was the end of the year when you should have all songs down to the note. Everything on point. No mistakes and no problems. You guys sounded so bad. You sounded like they had just gotten the music the night before. I couldn't beleive what I was hearing.

With the small amount of love that I have for the "U", they was killing yall.
I stopped reading right there......

:lmao:

Im trying to think who else (besides, the "U", the rest of the SWAC, the meac, the crowds, and the "boo-birds") could speak the same language, as Grum, to tell them how much they suck.

Get some new moves and a new routine.

Jackson (among others) should be the last to talk about getting new routines and new moves. But you already know that.

Originally posted by SUtrp96
I am not jealous of no band, I seriously doubt that and other SU member is jealous of any other band... SU has a rich tradition, that people tend to imitate often, maybe not GSU, so that is a plus for GSU. But I hope you all do improve, but come on anybody that follwed you all for a while will know GSU can't go no where but up...

But realize just because you all may make a come up, don't mean you have did enough to take out the other upper tier bands...

It may seem like hate when others down your program... but I guess it is like picking on the kid you will never pick to be on you neighbor hood basketball or football team...It's easy for folks to pick on that type of person.. That don't make it right, but I guess it is the easy thing to do...I do it from time to time...I do it just to see what kind of defense you guys will come back with.. The isht be funny.

But no hate....

GSU hasn't been in the top ranking as far as sound wise, book wise, power wise, and overall GREAT sounding band wise.

I know how you guys feel, I would be mad to if I wasn't in the band every one (just about) was trying to be like...and all people had to say was negative things...I would be fustrated as well. But it should surprise you guys, cause you know that is human nature, for people to beat a dead horse.

I will waiting the day, the BOTB will be worth going to again to hear 2 knock out band go at it... It's no fun going to hear one knock out band, and to see another band that has this special gimmick to over take the crowd...Me as a band head don't care to see that...
Most of the people I talked to at GSU, say when BC time come around they are thinking of ways to take the crowd instead of trying to out due SU as a band.....
Hope things chane..
Well,....even though you are from Southern,....you're alright in my book even though we don't see eye to eye on certain issues. We must be doing something right for most, if not all the SWAC Bands comin' down on us all the time. Is there something we got that you want or wish you had? I personally don't want to be like nobody but, Grambling. Lord knows if I had my way (and I don't) This year would be dedicated to absolutely wiping out ALL OF You one by one. Wiping you out all around so bad that there's no doubt in the minds of your own fans that The Great SU and the rest of you so called top bands that you were royally spanked. Yet,....I'm not the band master but, I am confident that they have the know how and experience to do what is best for the students. You see I'm not one to sit back and criticize. No,....I quietly fill in the holes. At any rate we will all see the end results soon.
As far as picking on someone when things are bad well,....just remember that what goes around comes around.

Originally posted by Legend35
Well,....even though you are from Southern,....you're alright in my book even though we don't see eye to eye on certain issues. We must be doing something right for most, if not all the SWAC Bands comin' down on us all the time. Is there something we got that you want or wish you had? I personally don't want to be like nobody but, Grambling. Lord knows if I had my way (and I don't) This year would be dedicated to absolutely wiping out ALL OF You one by one. Wiping you out all around so bad that there's no doubt in the minds of your own fans that The Great SU and the rest of you so called top bands that you were royally spanked. Yet,....I'm not the band master but, I am confident that they have the know how and experience to do what is best for the students. You see I'm not one to sit back and criticize. No,....I quietly fill in the holes. At any rate we will all see the end results soon.
As far as picking on someone when things are bad well,....just remember that what goes around comes around.

True, and I do believe we understand what goes around comes right back around...lol

But I am glad to say SU has a staff were we will never have to worry about falling behind..but stay on top regardless.... Because of our unique style, we love and stick with, people could never say we imitated this or that...people will always know atleast what SU will be bringing to the table....when we bring at least that, the S has done their job.

There are other bands that wasn't so hot not so long ago, but ever since they started adding number in the lower brass, and started playing pretty much with SU's concept..BRASSY...they feel better about their program....

Understand I know everyone don't have to have the BRASSY POWERFUL sound to be the best......That only makes us SU members head BIGGER and BIGGER...because we know where the other bands came from......

There isn't that many style's besides CORP style that can be formed so I understand some style may be similar...JUST make sure the business of MUSIC is taken care of first....

All of the years I watched GSU on tape at the classic, it always seemed like you all had a problem remembering yall music...And the more recent years have gotten worst...

But I did hear to that you all spend more time learning dance routines then spending time on music......
Put it like this when GSU can step out of the band room and the whole band sounds REAL confident of everything they are playing, then I will know you all have mad a 100% improvement..

that will be showcased this season trust me,camp it gsu is running 20 times better than it has in years and things are getting accomplished , you will see that in the 2003-2004 edition of the World Famed Grambling State University Tiger Marching Band.

Hey, I'm not trying to slam you cats from "Gram". The "U" does

enough of that for everybody. I was just making an observation.

So no matter what I say or what you say, you are still cold and

creamy.................... slaw!

Hey, I'm not trying to slam you cats from "Gram". The "U" does

enough of that for everybody. I was just making an observation.

So no matter what I say or what you say, you are still cold and

creamy.................... slaw!
Well, my jsu counterpart,....once again I got to get on here and deal with ignorance and contradictions.
First you say you aren't hatin' on the G then you turn right around and describe us as creamy...............slaw!

Does anyone see what is wrong with this picture???

True, I have some admirations for your musicianship but, you too can be broken because I know your weaknesses.
What you need to concern yourself with is Your Identity.
One min. your playing our stuff all over the field and the next you're trying to swing like Southern. You're having an identity crisis. Perhaps if you stop sending your spies to other SWAC band practices filming their shows and sit down in your own band room and come up with your own style of show, I would look on you more creditable. Grambling was the only band in the SWAC that did a whole show non stop. And now here you come. Get your own style and stop stealing tactics. I always wondered why and how two college bands end up doing almost the same half time show. Now I know.

i know one thing j state consistently try to play everything su plays. j atae you are not invincible just because you having some good years but you don't have enough under your belt to start putting folks under a microscope.

Originally posted by usa today
i know one thing j state consistently try to play everything su plays. j atae you are not invincible just because you having some good years but you don't have enough under your belt to start putting folks under a microscope.

Don't forget about our style of playing, songs we play, instrument swing, our former directors and SU grads............;)

That's all.:cool:

Therefore, if you dish it,......be prepared for instant retaliation!!!!
:lmao: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Originally posted by Legend35
All of you player haters will be eating those words real soon!!!!! Even then ,...That will not be enough. One by one!!!
Now,... enough of talking to ignorance!!!!

SO you are saying that GSU will be real good soon ! That means in the past you have been

SLAW

I tried once to prevent this,....but

Originally posted by Quietstorm
SO you are saying that GSU will be real good soon ! That means in the past you have been

SLAW
This point in the conversation was between Grambling and Southern until kkpsi 10 and yourself started dipping in the Kool aid.

Since you jumped in it with your little 2 cents,.......having the G considered slaw by you, What does that say for your band. I watched the film from 2001. I guess the only way you can attempt to beat us on the grid is to do an extended half time show??? It's an interesting tactic seeing how your team isn't going to win anyway. We know the fans come to see the bands so,....beat "The World Famed" at all cost and give the penalty for the useless attempt to the football team??? Hummmmmm. I don't care how you slice it and dice it , we've been spanking that tail on the grid scince 99 with a style that originated from Grambling while you on the other hand are the baby version of FAMU. From uniform to march style (and double time) to trumpet fanfares that FAMU been playing before 1972. Need proof, I got the album from 1972. The World Famed can't be slaw because that would make you sewage and you and I both know that that isn't the case. Right???? So,... I will smack you on the hand for now and will advise you to run along. And let's despense with the name calling and rock throwing when there's loose ends and short comings in your own yard!!!!!

Thank you kindly

DUDE DON'T CALL GSU SLAW UNTIL YOU ALL GET A DAMN LEGACY OR SOMETHING, SLAW IS WHEN SOMEONE DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOING FOR THEIR SELF BUT GRAM DOES WE STILL ARE MARKETED, WE STILL HAVE GREAT SHOWS THOUGH THE SOUND IS NOT LIKE WHAT IT USED TO BE. TRUST ME THIS YEAR WILL BE A 100% IMPROVEMENT. BETTER SOUND,FULLER,CLEANER AND SHOWS UPGRADED DAMN WHY MUST PEOPLE HATE. WAS PRARIE VIEW EVEN IN THIS CONVO.

Originally posted by usa today
DUDE DON'T CALL GSU SLAW UNTIL YOU ALL GET A DAMN LEGACY OR SOMETHING, SLAW IS WHEN SOMEONE DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOING FOR THEIR SELF BUT GRAM DOES WE STILL ARE MARKETED, WE STILL HAVE GREAT SHOWS THOUGH THE SOUND IS NOT LIKE WHAT IT USED TO BE. TRUST ME THIS YEAR WILL BE A 100% IMPROVEMENT. BETTER SOUND,FULLER,CLEANER AND SHOWS UPGRADED DAMN WHY MUST PEOPLE HATE. WAS PRARIE VIEW EVEN IN THIS CONVO.

No smack, but anything that needs a 100% improvement had to be what?

DAMN I GOT TO CLEAR EVERYTHING UP WITH ALL THESE KNOW IT ALLS I WAS SAYING GSU WILL MAKE 100% IMPROVEMENT THIS YEAR IN THE WAY THE MUSIC IS PRESENTED THE MARCHING THE DANCE ROUTINES ARE JUST GOING TO GET BETTER BECAUSE THAT IS GRAMBLINGS SIGNATURE. I WASN'T SAYING THAT GRAM HAD TO IMPROVE ON EVERYTHING, THE ARRANGEMENTS WILL BE BETTER AND BETTER DRILLS. WE ALREADY SEPARATE FROM EVERYONE ELSE IN THE DANCE WHILE PLAY CATEGORY BECAUSE A LOT OF BANDS CNA'T DO IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back