Where is Haymer Going Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean those black uniforms they had on?! Surprised you like those black unis. Who woulda ever thunk that atlhornet and jag4life would be on the same page when it comes to those tights. WOW!!

He was actually complementing y’all drum majors smh.

Man please we were clean and crisp that day along with having some power. That was the year we were damn near 320 & waxing everyone’s ass!

CRISP!? TRAINWRECK.. just loud for no reason. You all should have asked FAMU how to be big and sound like a college band.

Looks like a "Hornet" smack-down in here. No reinforcements needed. Oh well, "Tiger Born, Tiger Bred, and When I Die I will be Tiger Dead."

Last edited:
*Top SWAC bands: JSU. Su. Pvu. (No particular order)
*Honorable mention: A&M. Gram
*Started off decent but ended last part of season on a sour note (overblowing. Lack of originality & very poor drilling): alcorn

*Best bands in Alabama: miles. A&m. Dega. Skegee. (No partuclar order)

*The band that paid all that damn money to go out west & embarass Alabama & the HBCU band world: The university of Bama state honey bee marching band.

Ok you just being silly. You know damn well you have a carbon copy of JSU existing uniform. The only thing different is Alcorn as opposed to Jackson State. We not talking about high schools copying, that’s what they do,imitate their favorite band. We talking bout Alcorn ripping the uniform and drum overlays off. You don’t see Southern, PV, Pine Bluff, Grambling, FAMU, or anybody else loooking like watermark JSU. The uniform companies have hundreds of variations of uniforms. You ain’t got to lie to kick it. My father was a high school band director, I’ve seen uniform company catalogs and seen the purchasing, ordering, and delivery of inventory. You have to specifically pick out that specific pattern and combination. But it’s just a coincidence that Murray leaves JSU and suddenly there are no other uniform alternatives or patterns. Negro please, lol! The proof is below. Just answer, whose came 1st? I’m done.

View attachment 6613

View attachment 6614

Still no response from the Alcorn contingent I see. I rest my case, lol!I Maybe he’ll find a lie to defend this shit by next month.

Still no response from the Alcorn contingent I see. I rest my case, lol!I Maybe he’ll find a lie to defend this shit by next month.
Man I have a life, maybe you don't...lol. I don't have time to go back and forth with you. It's pointless....and it's not because you've proven anything. I know you live for this, I'm fully aware of that. I don't have to find shat because this is not that important to me. You don't have to defend the facts/the truth, it should speak for itself.

Man I have a life, maybe you don't...lol. I don't have time to go back and forth with you. It's pointless....and it's not because you've proven anything. I know you live for this, I'm fully aware of that. I don't have to find shat because this is not that important to me. You don't have to defend the facts/the truth, it should speak for itself.
All that mean is you spent the last week or two trying to respond but you ain’t got no answer. The facts ended your argument.

You don’t know me, I don’t know you, but I know y’all stole that shit, and you still can’t deny or respond, so you deflect, lol!

What style are you talking about? Even if he did some tweaking, the styles were/are completely different. They had a marching style before he came. He started at Alcorn as the assistant band director so they had a band and style before he took over... and I hope you are not talking about the drills because they are found in drill books...
Alcorn also had majorettes before Mr. Griffin took over. I've seen pics of them dating back to the '1940's. They already had a style. ????? The Golden Girls were the first featured HBCU dance group to dance without batons in front of a marching band. The name Golden Girls came from Purdue University. They had one girl that would twirl, she wore a golden uniform and she known as the "Golden Girl", hence the name Golden Girls. I'm definitely not trying to take anything away from Mr. Griffin because I loved him and he will be greatly missed. He told them to drop batons in band rehearsal in '68 and told them to dance. (1968, Their first performance vs. FAMU in the Orange Blossom Classic game )

yeah GGs are the mother of HBCU dance lines. as for there being majorettes prior to the GGs of course there were. My Grandmother was one in the early 50s at Alcorn. JSU is a fairly new school compared to Alcorn, they didn't really become a state school until the 1940s. They don't really have the longevity of history like we do. Alcorn's first marching band was created by William Grant Still Sr.

All that mean is you spent the last week or two trying to respond but you ain’t got no answer. The facts ended your argument.

You don’t know me, I don’t know you, but I know y’all stole that shit, and you still can’t deny or respond, so you deflect, lol!
I responded and gave answers maybe you have a problem comprehending...lol. There was no argument, I said what I said and it stands. I spent the last week or two not on HBCUsports.com which means I have a life outside of this.

I responded and gave answers maybe you have a problem comprehending...lol. There was no argument, I said what I said and it stands. I spent the last week or two not on HBCUsports.com which means I have a life outside of this.

No I comprehend the difference between answers and excuses. For the people in the back.....

Who copied whose uniforms / style. Not 40 years ago but today?

Remember, the internet has pictures. It’s not hard for the world to see, lol! But like you said, the uniform companies only have a few designs, lol!

Enjoy your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back