Where is Haymer Going Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAGSC

Looks like Haymer might be a band director this coming season.

Last edited:

If you were a university president, would you be comfortable bringing him onto your campus? He seems like a business liability.

Well clearly school(s) are wanting him,
That isn't shocking. Look at how many college presidents done got caught underhand dealing and land at a new school. However, this is two stops now and the way in which he pulled this last scandal was just blatantly reckless. Plus the behavior after he got caught. I wouldnt do it. Not as a band director atleast. Maybe some other position until he rebuilds trust.

If you were a university president, would you be comfortable bringing him onto your campus? He seems like a business liability.

Not tryna defend Haymer but that was just some SU mess. SU was responsible for what happened, not Haymer. Thats just how SU was set up. You see Dr. Jackson never said a word because he knew he did the same thing. It was an institutional problem.

Not tryna defend Haymer but that was just some SU mess. SU was responsible for what happened, not Haymer. Thats just how SU was set up. You see Dr. Jackson never said a word because he knew he did the same thing. It was an institutional problem.

LMAO @ TP. Okay. So you telling me nobody has the common sense not to do business that way? No matter how your company set up? If you know it aint ethical or could come back on you? You risk your ownself because your job don't have the right process in place? You know how that sounds?
Especially when you saw even Doc was under the gun his last year for something he didn't even handle internally to the band. One of his assistants did. Once anyone who came after Doc saw that mess. They should have KNOWN better than to allow them to set you up. Nope. I would have deposited every check in the back of the campus and tell them you better handle this right. Or I am going to blow the whistle on you mofos. You never cash checks with your name on it and its for the company. The IRS will tax your ass for all them deposits in YOUR NAME. The bank has to report certain amounts.

So if them white folks had no set up way at your gov job, would you go along with it anyway hoping it never comes out in the open? Just asking.

I guess your mouth stays wide open so you can put anything in it. He has never been considered by Texas Southern University for anything. And he wouldn't be bringing anything TO the Ocean of Soul except the same jukebox things your band tried to do every once in awhile. Stop spreading rumors online about other hbcus, especially one like ours whose Endowment size you wish you had.

LMAO @ TP. Okay. So you telling me nobody has the common sense not to do business that way? No matter how your company set up? If you know it aint ethical or could come back on you? You risk your ownself because your job don't have the right process in place? You know how that sounds?
Especially when you saw even Doc was under the gun his last year for something he didn't even handle internally to the band. One of his assistants did. Once anyone who came after Doc saw that mess. They should have KNOWN better than to allow them to set you up. Nope. I would have deposited every check in the back of the campus and tell them you better handle this right. Or I am going to blow the whistle on you mofos. You never cash checks with your name on it and its for the company. The IRS will tax your ass for all them deposits in YOUR NAME. The bank has to report certain amounts.

So if them white folks had no set up way at your gov job, would you go along with it anyway hoping it never comes out in the open? Just asking.

The moral of MY story is SU is SU. I wouldn't work for a place like SU. Again, it was INSTITUTIONAL.

These aren't INSTITUTIONAL problems. Stealing, misappropriating or making a large enough mistake to look that way didn't come from the institution he worked for. It was him. That's how stupid rumors keep getting thrown out. The institution didn't tell anyone to make mistakes or teach those mistakes. It takes a person to do something like what was reported. Being at southern didn't create Haymer's problem. If it did then everyone who works there would be caught all the time doing the same thing.

My point of the whole post was that it is clear, many schools are wanting Haymer as their band director, its basically up to him where he wants to go.

I guess your mouth stays wide open so you can put anything in it. He has never been considered by Texas Southern University for anything. And he wouldn't be bringing anything TO the Ocean of Soul except the same jukebox things your band tried to do every once in awhile. Stop spreading rumors online about other hbcus, especially one like ours whose Endowment size you wish you had.

MissC’s cycle is On. Why so emotional.
Your band sucks right now. You can use him. Your drum majors suck.
Your dancers suck. They’re just a watered down version of jsettes/dolls.
Then there’s that jumbled mess that y’all call twirlers & flag girls. Since you already got Motion. You should call that other mess CONFUSION!
The band is only praised when they play extremely loud. Outside of that nobody even notices your band. No finesse. No groove. No versatility. Just a loud ratchet band.
Haymer would do great things for txsu. You have no identity. Haven’t had it over 20years. He’d potentially build a legacy for y’all.

It’s 2019. The 80’s was how long ago? Y’all ain’t shit.
Prairie view been sucking up all the talent down yonder. All the beautiful girls that can dance go to PV. All the kids that can play go to PV. The rejects & overflow end up at txsu. It shows. Have you listened & watched your band lately? Y’all need help.

And as far me creating rumors: there are former ocean band members saying haymer could be 3rd Ward bound.
Txsu is not the only school mentioned. So txsu ain’t special. Lol
Txsu, Valley & bama State are all mentioned. That alone should tell you something.
It’s not so much about where Haymer wants to be. It’s about where he’s desperately NEEDED!

Well haymer in narcissistic fashion has said, "I'm nobody's assistant" , so unless asu gone grow a set and fire oliver or Gibson steps down as head director those are possibilities... I think its valley whose the clear favorite on paper but keep your eyes out for other possibilities... its haymer, he gone melt this attention as a free agent.

Also, southern I'd keep an eye on Brian Simmons, I feel like if Haymer said come be my assistant and the keys are yours when I step down in 5-8 years , and that money is talking right then he could leave southern... not saying it could happen but a rumor that's circulating on the band streets.

Alcorn could use him. I think they’d love him there. Ain’t like Murray did much with the program besides make them bigger cause they for sure don’t sound good. AT ALL. They already have that other SU dude on staff as interim so there’s a possibility as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back