Where is Haymer Going Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just waiting on y’all to back up these false accusations y’all keep typing up lol
Fact is most of what they do came originated or was popularized under Griff. Griff came from the Boom. Don’t make me go deeper. Griff was my dad’s section leader and they both marched with Liddell, while Jimmie James was one of the directors, lol!

Fact is most of what they do came originated or was popularized under Griff. Griff came from the Boom. Don’t make me go deeper. Griff was my dad’s section leader and they both marched with Liddell, while Jimmie James was one of the directors, lol!

Man stop before you upset these folks and keep them from telling their lies lol

Technically true. That is why it seems as though Alcorn is biting and copying them. SOD had lost it's identity over a period of 20-30+ years. Now (in recent years) they trying reincorporate the old school stuff and its now looks as though they are copying. The GG's were founded in 1968, the J-settes in '70 something, go figure. But this is not worth arguing because of delusional fans and alumni and because the Boom has taken a lot and popularized it.
Dude, quit embarrassing Braves fans. Who wudda thunk a Brave would fall for a hornet named atl? Guess there has to be one in every bunch.

Looks like Haymer might be a band director this coming season.

Don't think a state supported university President would approve the hiring of Haymer. Haymer is damaged goods and has too much negative publicity. Haymer's best bets are, a private HBCU like Talladega College or teaching at a culinary arts school. Chef Nate Eat Great!
smileyslaughing_lol_dielaughing_100-101.gif

Last edited:
Lol you saying he gone be directing the chain gang?

I'm just saying ... according to reports, a large chunk of the disputed money has still not been accounted by the university.

Based on my previous work experiences in higher ed, the argument that Nate used is false.

Every penny you get has to have receipts for it and taken back to the business/cashier's office for processing. All of this would've been resolved if he would've showed all receipts that added up to the disputed amounts and what they were spent on. You don't put state money, or money going to a state body (yes, the band is part of the university, which is a state agency) into your personal account and make purchases.

The Washington-Marion thing could've been written off as a one-shot deal, but this at Southern establishes a pattern. As an old school superintendent told me, when you do something twice it becomes tradition.

You just verified my point. Griff came from JSU in 60's. He originated/started the GGs in '68 while at Alcorn, the JSettes didn't come along until '71. He originated and created a lot at Alcorn...ie Golden Girls, Purple flashers, etc. Even the Boom's and SOD's marching was different, that's because he originated SOD's style.

I'm just saying ... according to reports, a large chunk of the disputed money has still not been accounted by the university.

Based on my previous work experiences in higher ed, the argument that Nate used is false.

Every penny you get has to have receipts for it and taken back to the business/cashier's office for processing. All of this would've been resolved if he would've showed all receipts that added up to the disputed amounts and what they were spent on. You don't put state money, or money going to a state body (yes, the band is part of the university, which is a state agency) into your personal account and make purchases.

The Washington-Marion thing could've been written off as a one-shot deal, but this at Southern establishes a pattern. As an old school superintendent told me, when you do something twice it becomes tradition.
This is what I was saying in my first post. You would have to be an idiot to bring in someone that has been fired twice for something financial related and put them in a position with any type of budgetary authority.

This is what I was saying in my first post. You would have to be an idiot to bring in someone that has been fired twice for something financial related and put them in a position with any type of budgetary authority.

In higher ed, you can't misappropriate funds, be racist or have sex with students and expect to keep your job or get another one where you think you wanna go.

Technically true. That is why it seems as though Alcorn is biting and copying them. SOD had lost it's identity over a period of 20-30+ years. Now (in recent years) they trying reincorporate the old school stuff and its now looks as though they are copying. The GG's were founded in 1968, the J-settes in '70 something, go figure. But this is not worth arguing because of delusional fans and alumni and because the Boom has taken a lot and popularized it.
You just verified my point. Griff came from JSU in 60's. He originated/started the GGs in '68 while at Alcorn, the JSettes didn't come along until '71. He originated and created a lot at Alcorn...ie Golden Girls, Purple flashers, etc. Even the Boom's and SOD's marching was different, that's because he originated SOD's style.
Not sure how I verified your point, but okay, lol! The point was most of what he originated had its basis in the Boom’s style from the 60’s, basically before they even where called the Boom. He just tweaked them put his spin on them and begat the modern day SOD. The Golden Girls were even modeled off of the forerunner of the J-Settes. JSU had majorettes long before they were called J-Settes. Like most bands of the era they had batons. Alcorn was probably one of if not 1st groups to not use any batons. I don’t know the chronological order of most dance teams being created or becoming purely dance teams.

Sounds worse than anything thee Jackson State has played in 10 years!!

Fixed it for you.

Delusional - A belief or altered reality that is persistently held despite evidence or agreement to the contrary, generally in reference to a mental disorder.

Get help brother.

Not sure how I verified your point, but okay, lol! The point was most of what he originated had its basis in the Boom’s style from the 60’s, basically before they even where called the Boom. He just tweaked them put his spin on them and begat the modern day SOD. The Golden Girls were even modeled off of the forerunner of the J-Settes. JSU had majorettes long before they were called J-Settes. Like most bands of the era they had batons. Alcorn was probably one of if not 1st groups to not use any batons. I don’t know the chronological order of most dance teams being created or becoming purely dance teams.
What style are you talking about? Even if he did some tweaking, the styles were/are completely different. They had a marching style before he came. He started at Alcorn as the assistant band director so they had a band and style before he took over... and I hope you are not talking about the drills because they are found in drill books...
Alcorn also had majorettes before Mr. Griffin took over. I've seen pics of them dating back to the '1940's. They already had a style. ????? The Golden Girls were the first featured HBCU dance group to dance without batons in front of a marching band. The name Golden Girls came from Purdue University. They had one girl that would twirl, she wore a golden uniform and she known as the "Golden Girl", hence the name Golden Girls. I'm definitely not trying to take anything away from Mr. Griffin because I loved him and he will be greatly missed. He told them to drop batons in band rehearsal in '68 and told them to dance. (1968, Their first performance vs. FAMU in the Orange Blossom Classic game )

Last edited:
What style are you talking about? Even if he did some tweaking, the styles were/are completely different. They had a marching style before he came. He started at Alcorn as the assistant band director so they had a band and style before he took over... and I hope you are not talking about the drills because they are found in drill books...
Alcorn also had majorettes before Mr. Griffin took over. I've seen pics of them dating back to the '1940's. They already had a style. ????? The Golden Girls were the first featured HBCU dance group to dance without batons in front of a marching band. The name Golden Girls came from Purdue University. They had one girl that would twirl, she wore a golden uniform and she known as the "Golden Girl", hence the name Golden Girls. I'm definitely not trying to take anything away from Mr. Griffin because I loved him. He told them to drop batons in band rehearsal in '68 and told them to dance. (1968, Their first performance vs. FAMU in the Orange Blossom Classic game )
In twenty years, I’m sure you will claim we got these from you too, lol! Next you’ll say Murray wasn’t influenced at JSU. Even though he has has you looking like a purple and gold baby Boom. I know, y’all had this design, the Boom broke into your band hall stole it and then did it 1st, right lol! I can post side by sides if needed.....damn thieves, lol!

In twenty years, I’m sure you will claim we got these from you too, lol! Next you’ll say Murray wasn’t influenced at JSU. Even though he has has you looking like a purple and gold baby Boom. I know, y’all had this design, the Boom broke into your band hall stole it and then did it 1st, right lol! I can post side by sides if needed.....damn thieves, lol!

View attachment 6610

View attachment 6611
Now that was an ignorant statement that you just made. The uniform has Alcorn on it, not JSU. I've seen numerous high schools and other HBCU bands with that uniform design (created by the uniform company), so I don't get your point....and even if what you said is true, what happened to the Boom's copyright to that design...... so we stole the copyright huh?...smh..lol

Last edited:
Now that was an ignorant statement that you just made. The uniform has Alcorn on it, not JSU. I've seen numerous high schools and other HBCU bands with that uniform design (created by the uniform company), so I don't get your point....and even if what you said is true, what happened to the Boom's copyright to that design...... so we stole the copyright huh?...smh..lol
Ok you just being silly. You know damn well you have a carbon copy of JSU existing uniform. The only thing different is Alcorn as opposed to Jackson State. We not talking about high schools copying, that’s what they do,imitate their favorite band. We talking bout Alcorn ripping the uniform and drum overlays off. You don’t see Southern, PV, Pine Bluff, Grambling, FAMU, or anybody else loooking like watermark JSU. The uniform companies have hundreds of variations of uniforms. You ain’t got to lie to kick it. My father was a high school band director, I’ve seen uniform company catalogs and seen the purchasing, ordering, and delivery of inventory. You have to specifically pick out that specific pattern and combination. But it’s just a coincidence that Murray leaves JSU and suddenly there are no other uniform alternatives or patterns. please, lol! The proof is below. Just answer, whose came 1st? I’m done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back