What do you like in your gumbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sausauge, chicken, shrimp and crabs. Can't do the okra. :vomit:

I can't understand how people eat potato salad with thier gumbo. :confused: All I need is crackers and I'm good to go.

I prefer a large amount of sausage, shrimp, and crab. He!!, I rarely have Gumbo, so if the rue(?) is on point I just might eat it.

Yes, Pototo salad is another...IF my mama made the salad... NOBODY in the world knows how to make it the way Mama does. I absolutely HATE sweet potato salad.

Steve: I don't know... I might need to get some shrimp, sausage and Crabs from Houma... :D

Originally posted by sophandros

Very easily.

Hardy har har. Some peolple like their okra over-cooked(gooey). I like it when its been cooked only for about 2 minutes. It's not gooey then,it's just right.

I thought Okra was one of the base ingredients for Gumbo. :confused: What do you expect, I am a Texas Boy...

But I like Good Sausage, you know that home made stuff. Not that Jimmy Dean or Earl Cambell or Blue Ribbon. Shrimp and Chicken too.

:)

Originally posted by docmump
I thought Okra was one of the base ingredients for Gumbo. :confused: What do you expect, I am a Texas Boy...
:)

See.... that's what I'm stress'n.:nod2:

Lots of Onion, Chicken, Almost any fish, and some shell fish. But no celery because it'll just sit there.

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag

Steve: I don't know... I might need to get some shrimp, sausage and Crabs from Houma... :D

I have some shrimp from Terrebonne parish in my freezer. I am going to Houma this weekend, too.

Jag4Life: Can we get some shrimp and crabs? We'll pay ya!

I was born in New Orleans and raised in Houma. You can make gumbo so many ways that I can't count them all. Some people put weiners in theirs. That was good too depending on who made it.

THE MUST HAVE IS ZATTARAINS GUMBO FILE!

Okra isn't necessary but it is good...and some people use a tomato base... :)

Shrimp (deveined), crabmeat (and a few crabs, broken in half), sausage, chicken (skinless), okra, roux.

Weiners? YUCK! :tdown:

"The Deal"

Andouille & Hot Sausage, Dried & Jumbo Shrimp, Cut up boneless chicken breast, crab & oysters!

Sometime I will use okra and other times not (it just depends on what I have a taste for). File' is also optional, but I use it more times than not.

I dont want anyone to "slap their momma" so I will not convey anymore of my yeole creole ingredients.! (smile).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back