Warndalyn, Fiyah, Crit

No thread stays open forever. The longest threads allowed are those football game threads, and they usually close them late Sunday or some point on Monday. It ain't hard to simply start a continuation thread. We been doing that since the board was created. This ain't nothing new.

:|

Robber, give me a rational reason for stopping a thread once it reaches a certain length. Then suggesting that a continuation thread be started.

What does that accomplish?

:(

I'm on a board that has 100 plus page threads where each member has to introduce themselves and either get welcomed or roasted by the other board members. lol Each board has it's own appeal and nuance I guess. I am on boards where ignorance and low brow shenanigans are not only the norm, but they are embraced.

But hey, it's Kenn's rules so deal with it.

Robber, give me a rational reason for stopping a thread once it reaches a certain length. Then suggesting that a continuation thread be started.

Man, that's been policy since the page started. Why that policy was adopted, I don't know. I never saw reason to question it, because it's just too easy to start another thread.

^ The post limit rule for threads may well be "server" related. I know on some ubb based forums, threads with a high number of pages slow things down a bit.

Man, that's been policy since the page started. Why that policy was adopted, I don't know. I never saw reason to question it, because it's just too easy to start another thread.

So, basically y'all are just doing it because that's the way it's always been.

I see.

^ The post limit rule for threads may well be "server" related. I know on some ubb based forums, threads with a high number of pages slow things down a bit.

There it is.

Pus, for the majority of us that have been here a while, you know if the topic is gonna get hot or not. If you like it and it's closed, start another one. Simple as that.

GOD, please bring back football sooner so I can get back to normalcy around here of cursing GR, JayRob, and whoever else.

There it is.

Pus, for the majority of us that have been here a while, you know if the topic is gonna get hot or not. If you like it and it's closed, start another one. Simple as that.

GOD, please bring back football sooner so I can get back to normalcy around here of cursing GR, JayRob, and whoever else.

Mane I been saying that... Cause Ninjas Gettin Really Sensitive round these parts....:|

Seeing Spots is going to put a workout in when SU goes 0-4 to start 2011.

Want an instant 200 page thread.....talk about APR, Cheating, JSU, and Pete.

Seeing Spots is going to put a workout in when SU goes 0-4 to start 2011.

Want an instant 200 page thread.....talk about APR, Cheating, JSU, and Pete.

Remember they started deleting all those post on the sports board last year for folks using the words SUcks or when they closed that thread on the band board cause DAHILL called them a Darkie

You missed how all them jags were acting after the Jukebox got caught hazing.

Remember they started deleting all those post on the sports board last year for folks using the words SUcks or when they closed that thread on the band board cause DAHILL called them a Darkie

You missed how all them jags were acting after the Jukebox got caught hazing.

She tried to supress me when the Weevils came and took seige to Mumford and Conquered...:lmao:. LORD, if SU LOSES TO VALLEY THIS YEAR....:lmao:. They might have to ban me that day.

I would have loved to view the Jukebox hazing thread. Is it in the Hall of Fame?

Why were my threads deleted? Simple question. What was different from my threads and the random foolishness that gets posted round these parts?

Can we or can we not start random threads on smalltalk about random subjects? I just want to make sure that I am in compliance.

Your questions has been answered.

When the board started we use to close threads at 50 post. Some years later we changed that to 100 post and now they are closed at 200.

There are exceptions to these rules as game day threads will usually go longer because of the games themselves. Also some threads get closed early because they start to go off course with personal attacks and other stuff.

She tried to supress me when the Weevils came and took seige to Mumford and Conquered...:lmao:. LORD, if SU LOSES TO VALLEY THIS YEAR....:lmao:. They might have to ban me that day.

I would have loved to view the Jukebox hazing thread. Is it in the Hall of Fame?

Boy, you better hope Alcorn don't do WHAT THEY USUALLY DO.

What might help is you actually follow the rules of the board or exit...bye! :wavey:

Where are these rules clearly written out and defined? I think having a place where these rules can be read in their entirety will go a long way in clearing up a lot of this mess.

With the software that TSPN uses for this board, vBulletin, having long threads increases the CPU and memory resources needed on the server it's run on, particularly when someone does a search. Keeping the threads down to a manageable number of posts is a form of self-optimization which helps to stop the server from getting too bogged down.

With the software that TSPN uses for this board, vBulletin, having long threads increases the CPU and memory resources needed on the server it's run on, particularly when someone does a search. Keeping the threads down to a manageable number of posts is a form of self-optimization which helps to stop the server from getting too bogged down.

:shame:

You don't realize how IGNANT that sounds.

Data is not stored or transmitted in posts and threads. Data is stored and transmitted in bits, bytes and packets. If someone was to do a search of "Deception" on this board, the search would result in both the Deception thread and the Deception 2 thread. The SAME amount of information as if it had been left in one thread.

These threads are not being saved as "threads" or "posts" on those servers. Computer drives and memory don't work that way.

Last edited:
Back