Warndalyn, Fiyah, Crit

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
Why were my threads deleted? Simple question. What was different from my threads and the random foolishness that gets posted round these parts?

Can we or can we not start random threads on smalltalk about random subjects? I just want to make sure that I am in compliance.

I want an answer to that too.

Seriously, it seems that threads are locked for random and arbitrary reasons.

What are the criteria for locking threads? I think it would be good for us to know.

Your Deception #2 is still open. There wasn't a need for threads 3-5.
Got something to say, say it in there. There wasn't a need for multiple threads.

You know this already...

You've been on this board long enough to know how things work around here...now if you think making thread after thread of the same topic, waiting on us to shut them down is sensible, then I don't really know what to tell you. That was dumb, stupid and childish. Mods/Admins can close any thread we deem necessary when we deem it necessary. Once the thread goes off topic and just becomes BS, we can and will shut them down. Especially when they have that many posts.

Pop, seriously. You started a Deception pt. 2 thread, and that was cool. But before anybody posted in that thread, you stared a pt. 3 thread. :retard: I look again, and you're up to pt. 5 of the same topic. Now, when 2 people start a thread on the same topic, they get merged by the moderators/admins. But you're just one person, and you manage to create 4 more threads on the exact same topic, well before the next one up should be closed. When Deception 2 gets full and closes, then you can start pt. 3 without it being closed immediately.

You're better than this, mane.

You've been on this board long enough to know how things work around here...now if you think making thread after thread of the same topic, waiting on us to shut them down is sensible, then I don't really know what to tell you. That was dumb, stupid and childish. Mods/Admins can close any thread we deem necessary when we deem it necessary. Once the thread goes off topic and just becomes BS, we can and will shut them down. Especially when they have that many posts.

That's crazy though, Warn.

Close a thread because it goes off topic? Because it reached a certain number of posts? Come on! No human conversation can be expected to stay on one topic. That's how communication works.

And closing after a certain number of posts? Maybe folks were enjoying the banter. That makes no sense. That's like saying you're only going to speak a certain amount of words to a person and then cut the conversation off at that point. It makes NO SENSE.

:shame:

Rob,
I just don't like double standards. Don't enforce one set of rules for certain people and have other sets of rules for others. I was always told this is messageboard, we all are here to have fun and anything goes.

Now, I am told that I am being disrespectful by a mod and they turn and lock the thread. I mean if you going to accuse someone of something, give them a chance to respond.

This that mess that Seeing Spots pulls on the sports board.

Pop, seriously. You started a Deception pt. 2 thread, and that was cool. But before anybody posted in that thread, you stared a pt. 3 thread. :retard: I look again, and you're up to pt. 5 of the same topic. Now, when 2 people start a thread on the same topic, they get merged by the moderators/admins. But you're just one person, and you manage to create 4 more threads on the exact same topic, well before the next one up should be closed. When Deception 2 gets full and closes, then you can start pt. 3 without it being closed immediately.

You're better than this, mane.

That's not really the point. If the first Deception thread wasn't closed there wouldn't have been a need for a Deception 2. I'm sure the other threads were merely out of frustration because of the randomness and unfairness of it all.

hey, if y'all are so unhappy here, then simply follow suit w/a lot of others who no longer post on TSPN. I don't really know what to tell ya. :noidea:

That's not really the point. If the first Deception thread wasn't closed there wouldn't have been a need for a Deception 2. I'm sure the other threads were merely out of frustration because of the randomness and unfairness of it all.

Ken started a rule about 4 or 5 years ago that after 100 post threads be closed. They let it went longer because it was a hot topic.

Rob,
I just don't like double standards. Don't enforce one set of rules for certain people and have other sets of rules for others. I was always told this is messageboard, we all are here to have fun and anything goes.

Now, I am told that I am being disrespectful by a mod and they turn and lock the thread. I mean if you going to accuse someone of something, give them a chance to respond.

This that mess that Seeing Spots pulls on the sports board.
I don't see the double standard here, though, Pop. I have never seen a poster from anywhere be allowed to start that many threads about the exact same thing. Pt. 2 is still open and it should. The others are simply premature. They ain't necessary because pt. 2 is still open. When pt. 2 closes, then start pt. 3.

Normally, threads SHOULD be locked once it reaches 100 posts (5 pages). As you can see, that thread went way past five pages. It needed to be locked. He started the Deception 2, which was fine. But then to create 3-5 of the same mess? Makes no sense. He was clearly acting out.

hey, if y'all are so unhappy here, then simply follow suit w/a lot of others who no longer post on TSPN. I don't really know what to tell ya. :noidea:

Tell us you'll be fair and won't lock thread for random and stupid reasons like it didn't stay "on topic" or reached a certain number of posts.

That might help.

Tell us you'll be fair and won't lock thread for random and stupid reasons like it didn't stay "on topic" or reached a certain number of posts.

That might help.

What might help is you actually follow the rules of the board or exit...bye! :wavey:

Ken started a rule about 4 or 5 years ago that after 100 post threads be closed. They let it went longer because it was a hot topic.

The thread was fun though...and it wasn't hurting anybody.

It's not the same with starting a new topic b/c all my funny posts are in the other thread. I had some good ones and folks couldnt' even respond to them . Like the comment about Pops acting like he was getting the death penalty and he only went to jail for a jaywalking ticket. Then when I told him the only person PMing him was the tranny and it reminded me of "The Hangover 2".

See...folks probably wanted to respond to my comments but couldn't. :lol:

Yeah you did hit him pretty good with those. :lol:
The thread was fun though...and it wasn't hurting anybody.

It's not the same with starting a new topic b/c all my funny posts are in the other thread. I had some good ones and folks couldnt' even respond to them . Like the comment about Pops acting like he was getting the death penalty and he only went to jail for a jaywalking ticket. Then when I told him the only person PMing him was the tranny and it reminded me of "The Hangover 2".

See...folks probably wanted to respond to my comments but couldn't. :lol:

No thread stays open forever. The longest threads allowed are those football game threads, and they usually close them late Sunday or some point on Monday. It ain't hard to simply start a continuation thread. We been doing that since the board was created. This ain't nothing new.

Back