Vanilla Funk going to Alabama State

Maybe I just haven't paid attention to anybody but SU. But what is so different about SWAC drum majors, besides SU being that he is one leading the band... SHRUGS SHOULDERS!!!
Different drum majors have different styles.

Where is atl Hornet at when he's actually needed? Any other time he's all over the place in here when unwanted. lol

200.gif

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Where is atl Hornet at when he's actually needed? Any other time he's all over the place in here when unwanted. lol

Didn’t think this was newsworthy tbh..just a kid deciding where he’s going to college. I’m not sure what his marching style has to do with anything. That’s just a product of where his head director went to school at.

kids differ from what their high school band does all the time. I marched under a FAMU grad when I was in high school & went the complete opposite direction for college

On one hand, I’m loving these college decision videos from a lot of kids showing us where they’re going to continue their education. But I know if this were back in our day, some good ol (no physical) azing would be going on.

I remember when I crabbed at Bama State, a dude from Atlanta who went on to march on tuba at SU uploaded his audition tape to YouTube..I heard his crab name was YouTube and they roasted the sh!t out of him lol

It takes alot more to be a DM than just mimicking DM moves. People who've never set foot in any band can march as if they did so i never understood why so many folks thought this kid was automatically deserving of a scholarship without ever hearing him on a horn.

But ASU DMs don't really do anything but walk slowly in unison.

AS for drum majors, I thought after Dr Gregg left and they increased the size of the band and the number of Dancing Dolls [FINALLY] that they may add another drum major...or two? But I am used to seeing the Lone Ranger out there; it would be probably too different.

So this kid will be playing trumpet in the Mighty Marching Hornets. Ok, what about the other 3 drum majors? Were they graduating seniors too OR maybe juniors? Would like to hear about them TOO and where they are going.

AS for drum majors, I thought after Dr Gregg left and they increased the size of the band and the number of Dancing Dolls [FINALLY] that they may add another drum major...or two? But I am used to seeing the Lone Ranger out there; it would be probably too different.

So this kid will be playing trumpet in the Mighty Marching Hornets. Ok, what about the other 3 drum majors? Were they graduating seniors too OR maybe juniors? Would like to hear about them TOO and where they are going.

SU will always have one drum major.

I think it would be interesting because his marching style mimics JSU's drum majors more than Alabama State's drum majors, providing that they make him one of their drum majors in the future. It would have seemed like he would have picked JSU over Alabama State, but other factors might have been involved in his decision, such as academic programs and staying in-state.

Does he know how to play an instrument? That could be the reason. Also, I assumed this guy was from Mississippi.

1) we didn’t know they were going to do that. They changed uniforms right before we went on.

2) we still murdered JSU that day and they just recovered a couple years ago.

#1. so y’all do whatever y’all want to do. Speaks volumes. Now we kinda understand why the band program is so trash. Lack of leadership & organization.

#2. Bama Must’ve murdered themselves. They’re irrelevant and has been for over a decade. Your band is nothing but a campaign for BIG GIRLS that can do cartwheels & splits. Everything else about that band is trash. Stingettes literally stand outside su bandhall & pick up the girls they reject. And y’all have FLAG GIRLS!!! You got honey bees & flag girls. WHY??? It’s like the flag girls aren’t Big enough so y’all put a flag in their hands until They’re big enough to audition to be a honey bee. Then y’all got a couple up dead bodies in the front of the band that y’all can drum majors. And the band sounds like sh%t. You even said all the kids choose talladega over your hornets. That’s some sad shit. Dega is where the Boom & Jukebox rejects go. It’s the misfit band lol y’all worse off than we all thought.

#1. so y’all do whatever y’all want to do. Speaks volumes. Now we kinda understand why the band program is so trash. Lack of leadership & organization.

#2. Bama Must’ve murdered themselves. They’re irrelevant and has been for over a decade. Your band is nothing but a campaign for BIG GIRLS that can do cartwheels & splits. Everything else about that band is trash. Stingettes literally stand outside su bandhall & pick up the girls they reject. And y’all have FLAG GIRLS!!! You got honey bees & flag girls. WHY??? It’s like the flag girls aren’t Big enough so y’all put a flag in their hands until They’re big enough to audition to be a honey bee. Then y’all got a couple up dead bodies in the front of the band that y’all can drum majors. And the band sounds like sh%t. You even said all the kids choose talladega over your hornets. That’s some sad shit. Dega is where the Boom & Jukebox rejects go. It’s the misfit band lol y’all worse off than we all thought.

hey smart guy...it’s called TRADITION! Most bands have auxiliary units with flags and or batons. I mean y’all used to have the rainbow coalition out there twirling those batons..

and don’t worry about what our drum majors do. At least we never had to replace one in the middle of the season because they couldn’t cut it and acted like it never happened!

We’re irreverent for the past decade, but we’ve been featured on our OWN TV SHOW which was a few years ago...

And don’t include yourself with SU talking about another school is full of SU and JSU rejects. There’s enough kids and programs to where kids can have choices. Most of the students I’ve worked with have had FAMU, Miles, Talladega, AAMU, Howard, NCAT or even Bama State as their #1 option.

everyone doesn’t want to go to country ass Jackson! Jackson wasn’t even on my radar when I was looking at colleges!

In my hometown of Huntsville, another school named Lee High School was being rebuilt and about to have it's name changed. That school has become majority Black as well but influential alumni protested and the name stayed.

In my present residential city of Memphis, a situation happened a few years ago where a confederate statue stood for years. Some Black lawyers got together and did a slick move in purchasing the land and got the statues removed before others could figure out what happened. It cause quite a fuss. I share all of this to say it can be done but, it won't happen without a fight.

They sold the land in which the statues were own to non-profits and they had them removed lol

The state changed the laws quickly to prevent it from happening in the future but with this current climate, I doubt people care if it is against the law to destroy them

Hell there is a push here to finally get rid of the confederate flag out of the state flag. Will it pass? I don't know

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
They sold the land in which the statues were own to non-profits and they had them removed lol

The state changed the laws quickly to prevent it from happening in the future but with this current climate, I doubt people care if it is against the law to destroy them

Hell there is a push here to finally get rid of the confederate flag out of the state flag. Will it pass? I don't know

One thing I like about New Orleans, when they make their mind up on doing something, they go all the way with it. They are now moving to change the names of all the streets named after Confederate individuals. As Clarence Ray Nagin, Jr. once said after Katrina, "New Orleans will always remain a chocolate city."

I see this kid has a “verified” blue check mark on his IG page.

we’ll humble his ass real quick once pre drill starts

WHEW!!! Vicious up in this mug. Yall are killin me!

for a program that claims to be the undisputed champion of marching bands, they shol’ do spend a lot of attention on little ol’ Bama State!!

they just mad we aren’t scared of them. Only a handful of bands don’t give a damn about SU..JSU, TxSU,Bama State, Talladega, FAMU, Tennessee State & Grambling.

it kills them we don’t worship the ground they walk on & have all handed them L’s

for a program that claims to be the undisputed champion of marching bands, they shol’ do spend a lot of attention on little ol’ Bama State!!

they just mad we aren’t scared of them. Only a handful of bands don’t give a damn about SU..JSU, TxSU,Bama State, Talladega, FAMU, Tennessee State & Grambling.

it kills them we don’t worship the ground they walk on & have all handed them L’s

Here you go with this foolishness again. Back on the saddle d!ck riding again. Stick to YOUR school. How many threads do you see on here about Bama St? You don’t even really talk your own school yourself. You live vicariously through other programs that are actually legit. The last time Bama St was relevant the sun stopped burning (never). The only reason folks ever bring up your school is for comic relief and because of a white kid who was imitating JSU’s drum major’s but couldn’t get in there because he can’t play. Go sit down somewhere and get back to watching YouTube videos on every band other than the one you marched for.😂😂😂😂😂

Back