UNLV will host Jackson State and its marching band to kick off football season

LOL.. you came with the numbers.

However, JSU nor any school would make $300K off 20K fans at $15. Game day expenses would be about $150K. Games are not cheap to host. I think people keep forgetting that. If we need $250-300K, that's still good.

However, I don't agree with playing money games. I would only go to kick it with friends in Vegas...
Lol

No, band comes out of the $600,000. So JSU will net around $250-$300k. Team is flying at $91,000 round trip airbus319 and band looking at $110,000 for cline tours. ClinE tours is $1500 a day plus $500 a day for second driver and $750 a day for third driver times 5 days times 8 buses. Hotel for band for three nights would be $36,000 and $10,000 for football team and total is $247,000 not including food for neither auxiliary.With that in mind, seems like a not so good deal especially when they could have had a home game and made $300k with 20,000 people at $15 not including parking and concession.

Not going to happen! The Boom is flying to Vegas! Ain't no way in h@ll, JSU is putting those kids on buses to Vegas over 24 hours each way! :(

No, band comes out of the $600,000. So JSU will net around $250-$300k. Team is flying at $91,000 round trip airbus319 and band looking at $110,000 for cline tours. ClinE tours is $1500 a day plus $500 a day for second driver and $750 a day for third driver times 5 days times 8 buses. Hotel for band for three nights would be $36,000 and $10,000 for football team and total is $247,000 not including food for neither auxiliary.With that in mind, seems like a not so good deal especially when they could have had a home game and made $300k with 20,000 people at $15 not including parking and concession.

Wrong! The Boom is flying

Just spoke with an Associate AD and the band has a separate financial arrangement from the football team! They will be flying as well...

Common sense woulda said that the band ain't taking no 8 buses on a 23 hr trip. That's senseless and stupid. Especially if they going to be doing other activities while being there. LOL.
honestly I was just giving an estimate on what we could possibly net home IF we drove . And it's not in stone that the band is flying still via Antonio Morales chat we just had. So it's all speculation, the time, the channel, and the travel for the band. He also said wheeler brown said all travel will come out of the $600,000. $300,00 from unlv and $300,000 from the visitors bureau.

honestly I was just giving an estimate on what we could possibly net home IF we drove . And it's not in stone that the band is flying still via Antonio Morales chat we just had. So it's all speculation, the time, the channel, and the travel for the band. He also said wheeler brown said all travel will come out of the $600,000. $300,00 from unlv and $300,000 from the visitors bureau.

Folk just told you what was up and you still goin off what a paper boy said. Seriously. Lol

Dude, Morales don't know Jack til the last minute lol the fact that you're qouting him speaks volumes, like I said earlier the boom ain't flying & the boom has their own deal with the Las Vegas Visitors Bureau.

Really not bad if you are coming away with $250-300K after expenses. A home game will not net that much.

Common sense woulda said that the band ain't taking no 8 buses on a 23 hr trip. That's senseless and stupid. Especially if they going to be doing other activities while being there. LOL.
The bus ride to Vegas from the South is a KILLER. My mother in law did that once and has regretted it ever since. LOL An entire band doing it would be BRUTAL. They would have to leave Monday for a Thursday afternoon game.

The bus ride to Vegas from the South is a KILLER. My mother in law did that once and has regretted it ever since. LOL An entire band doing it would be BRUTAL. They would have to leave Monday for a Thursday afternoon game.

Hell, the ride alone in Texas (Houston to El Paso) is 800 miles!!!!

Hell, the ride alone in Texas (Houston to El Paso) is 800 miles!!!!

I will NEVER do that again lol. Over 800 miles from Orlando to Indianola bus station including a 5 hour 50 minute layover in Jacksonville (out of the way). A trip that I've made in 12-13 hours including 4 stops took 30 hours.

I wouldn't wish that on my enemy lol

Exactly lol. That's a lot of money to spend for no reason only to make kids miserable. Hell I wouldn't be mad at them if they chose not to play a note after a bus ride like that lol

Exactly lol. That's a lot of money to spend for no reason only to make kids miserable. Hell I wouldn't be mad at them if they chose not to play a note after a bus ride like that lol

I remember in my track days, Coach Bethany would fly us up to Drake Relays (Des Moines, Iowa) every year. We get to the stadium and warm up and do what we call our "shake down" and see that old PVU bus pull up alongside the stadium.

When those cats would walk into the stadium I could look in their eyes and see their souls and knew they were already defeated before the race. LOL

I remember in my track days, Coach Bethany would fly us up to Drake Relays (Des Moines, Iowa) every year. We get to the stadium and warm up and do what we call our "shake down" and see that old PVU bus pull up alongside the stadium.

When those cats would walk into the stadium I could look in their eyes and see their souls and knew they were already defeated before the race. LOL

LOL. Bruh them buses ain't no joke.

Why is JSU's internal business being put out in public in the first place just so someone can make like he has some type of internal connections? Just wait for the info to be made public in due time. Sheesh.

Under freedom of information laws, JSU had to release the information when asked. JSU is a public institution. Come on now, this isn't classified or top-secret information.

Last edited:
Just spoke with an Associate AD and the band has a separate financial arrangement from the football team! They will be flying as well...

Wonder if UNLV and the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority will fly the entire band or half to Vegas?

Back